Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Top notch OPs.

I'm not going to kill you Quarex, PhD since you did mention StElmos in the same breath but for reals, Ruth's Chris is FINE and if you live in bumfuck nowhere and don't have good steak houses near you, it's a treat for sure. If you do have good steak houses near you and you want a unique experience, StElmos with their weird navy bean soup and excellent beef is something special.

Are there James Beard nominee good poo poo restaurants in Indy other than Milktooth? I like food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

CellBlock posted:

Oh poo poo, Gen Con thread!

Anyway, I don't really have anything to add yet since Gen Con is (or at least feels like) a million years away, but there is a Primanti Bros. in Indianapolis now. If you like big sandwiches with french fries on them, that's a good place.

Oh hell yes. Didn't realize they had any locations outside Pittsburgh but apparently they're all over IN/MI/WV now. This is exciting news.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I got 7:03pm but my GC roommate buddy got 1:32p so we should hopefully be good for our JW room.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

1:30 slot got us a JW room. Single King only option, weird that 2x queen is such a rarity but no big deal.

Pez posted:

Welp I got screwed my group got a room for 4 but afraid to do 5 so I'm SOL :(

Afraid to do 5 is overly cautious, the hotel really doesn't give a poo poo.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

A friend of mine has gotten an artist table the last couple years. He mentioned this morning that they're doing their housing stuff today (his is just after noon). I'm not at all sure about this but it could mean that when their housing time ends, some unclaimed reserved rooms will get released back into the housing pool so it may be worth stalking the housing portal today or tomorrow if you were unlucky.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Hey thats my event, gently caress yeah

Which one? Those all look like Board Games or Talks, I must be missing it. I think I remember you saying a few pages ago you were running a Delta Green (?) game but can't find the post. You were a fun GM when I played in your goon DW game a couple years ago and I'd definitely try for a spot in your game (as long as "Never Played Before" is OK).

If you run a non-official/goon DW game again I'd try to show up for that too and maybe bring a non-goon friend or two that I've been wanting to introduce to DW. Guessing that'll get organized on GroupMe later?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Kaddish posted:

My hype level has started to build my goons....just like every mid-summer for the past 5 years or so

:same:

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

BGG has their GenCon 2017 preview list going, useful for planning and getting hype.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Klungar posted:

Can anyone direct me to where I might sell this? Pulled it last time we did True Dungeon but don't intend to really ever play it again.

There's usually a couple of tables in the dealer hall buying and selling TD tokens. No idea though if you could make more selling directly to a player or best way to go about doing that.

If anyone has a price guide type thing for TD tokens, link me please. I have a stack from when I played a couple years ago that I ran across recently; would like to make sure they're worthless before I throw/give them away.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Bottom Liner posted:

You would know.

Anyone have a Gencon release list yet? I don't know of anything to look out for other than Legend of the 5 Rings.

I got u bae

Lawen posted:

BGG has their GenCon 2017 preview list going, useful for planning and getting hype.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

The Escape Room comparison is a good one. The one time I did TD a couple years ago it was before every city had a half dozen escape rooms and it was a fun novelty (though I agree that the combat was pretty lame). Now that I've been dragged to a couple different escape room things in the past year by friends, TD has lost pretty much all appeal for me.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I tried Rathskeller a year or two ago. Thought the food was pretty meh but the beergarden was dope and it'd be a good meetup spot, weather permitting

Any Indy locals have suggestions for places to eat for people who are pretentious assholes about food? Milktooth and Bluebeard look like your most recent nominees for James Beard awards...good?

Lawen fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 15, 2017

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Trynant posted:

So, packed my games, here's what I actually am bringing:

Food Chain Magnate

Smaller games like Arboretum, Bling Bling Gemstone, Skull, and Gravwell are also in my bags.

Hit me up for playing some of these; I'll be camping in the game library unless otherwise noted. I'll be on Groupme.

I've been wanting to play FCM since it came out and have a Library ticket for Saturday. If scheduling works out would love to get a game in. I'll ping you in groupme at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

FWIW my GenCon buddy and I, who've been the last 5 years in a row, agree that if we don't get the JW we'll just eat the badge fees and skip that year. That's how much we like staying there.

Also FWIW, my house is a $5 Uber from DragonCon and I don't even bother going anymore, but i spend a shitload to fly and hotel for GenCon. Partly because going out of state makes it feel more significant and partly because D*C is more about cosplay and fan culture and psychedelic drugs than gaming (though LSD is fun and I heard the boardgame area was better this year, so maybe I'll get off my rear end and hit up D*C next year).

• Locked thread