Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Looks like I'll be able to go again this year now that paid vacation is a thing I get but it doesn't look like any of my normal crew are interested which is going to make the hotel a bitch ):

Do we know how the housing lottery is going to work this year? Because if I don't have to buy my ticket immediately when sales open I might wait until I can harass my friends to find out if they're in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Man last time I went it was only $70 the gently caress happened the last two years?

drat you inflation due to increased attendence

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm gonna risk the room lottery I think. Worst case I'll stay at an unconnected hotel a shuttle/Uber trip away.

Fingers crossed I can get a connected hotel though

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

8one6 posted:

This, sort of. I'm a VIG so I'm paying $600 for my ticket basically to guarantee the hotel room I want, and an additional $200 badge to make sure I can get both rooms my group needs.
That's not including the cost of the rooms themselves.
Still 100% worth the cost.

Legitimately jealous of you guys that 1) can afford VIG and 2) can actually get the ticket

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Got badge, looking to see if anybody's looking to take a room crasher (paying my share as usual, of course). Worried to risk the room lottery and get stuck with something on my own, not quite sure how that works. :raise:

Have various people who can vouch for me not being weird(er than usual for GenCon) if necessary.

Can vouch that this guy was a good roommate and we were the assholes up until 2am drinking entirely too much lovely liquor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I might be looking for goon roommates I had two friends wanting to go and one just had to back out.

Course I won't know until late last month if I actually get the days off or not but at least it's all refundable

• Locked thread