Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Texibus
May 18, 2008
Living the dream again, got the sweet, sweet Downtown Marriott skywalk. One of our dudes got a 12:14 slot, and some of the other people in our gaming group got 12:45 and said the skywalk double/doubles were already booked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008
You'll be fine, plenty of time before the Con to figure something out.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Check on Air BnB too my dudes, it's normally pretty decent. Especially if you can jam in like 6-8 folks.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
I think it refers to actually grabbing one, but that doesn't mean they won't cancel in a month and then it frees up on the block.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
If you're going to wear a diaper you may as well use it.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Uroboros posted:

Gencon is wothin 3 hours of where I live and I've never had a chance to go. What Warhammer 40k events go on there?

I've never actually played 40k there but they have tournaments, a good amount of free play areas with terrain, and some painting seminars and stuff. It's pretty much all you can eat warhammer games if that's your jam, and while I've never seen an apocalypse game going I'm sure those are going down too. Also, they have decent amount of entries from Warhammer figurine painters entered in the big miniature painting contest.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
#buildthatwall

Texibus
May 18, 2008
My group will be there Wednesday

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Goons don't have to worry about consent, the answer is always no and go away.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Moles, you still planning to do the goon game later? It's a nightmare picking events.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 28, 2017

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Ahh, I guess if that's all you wanted to do canceling your badge isn't that big of a stretch.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Has anyone started getting their badges yet?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Doubt it, the only places they check the badges are the vendor hall and the exhibit halls

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Is there anyway to transfer badges?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Did anyone get their badge yet?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
How did you get a badge?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Any insight into why they can sell individual days but are sold out on passes? Seems strange to me.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
So no lanyard came with my badge this year... what the fuzz.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Saturday passes are all sold out.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
My girlfriend, sister, and her boyfriend all decided they wanted to check out Gencon at the buzzer here. I managed to get them a Friday pass, is there anything on Friday event wise that I should get them into? Not really seeing much. Would appreciate some help though.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Do you have an extra...

Texibus
May 18, 2008
That one I got, thank you though.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Who is the goon running the exit wound cuthulu game on Thursday at 2?

Texibus
May 18, 2008

I Might Be Adam posted:

I have a friend that due to unforeseen circumstances won't be able to use his weekend badge fri-sun. Anyone interested in helping him recoup his cost?

I pmed you about this.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
I want to do more events but planning with my poo poo head friends always leaves me wasting like 25 bucks in tickets every year.

Edit: it's not really their fault, I just need to be better about doing poo poo my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Civilization new dawn really stood out to me. It was very snappy for a 4ex kinda game, and the sort of upgrading your actions mechanic they threw in made for some interesting choices. All of that in under 90 minutes seems like a slam dunk for me. Super looking forward to the release.

I'm still digging into photosynthesis, not sure how I feel about it. Wasn't very impressed with the two player game, but look forward to full 4 person, will definetely get mean then.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 27, 2017

• Locked thread