Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Bottom Liner turned me on to some pasta restaurant that I can't remember the name to right now. It's not an amazing sit down restaurant but it's better then the food trucks and just across the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

nesbit37 posted:

Personally, sign up for anything that looks fun and make a game time decision if you'll go or not based on how you are finding things. You can return tickets up to 30 minutes before the game for a near full refund so its low risk. There will be tons of demos to be had in the dealer hall from 10-6 every day. After that there will be games a plenty but if you're introverted you might not like asking to join in since they will be more informal.

Yeah you really have to shed your shyness at GenCon and just ask to join in on things because most of the time more people are always welcome.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

LLSix posted:

Sounds good to me. I read somewhere that vendors will run free demo games too so we're thinking about not signing up for many board game events. True or False?

Some companies make you sign up for certain high demand games but places like Fantasy Flight you just walk up and sit down once the previous people are done.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Do you guys usually have your badges shipped to you or just do will call? I get to town around 5 on Wednesday so I'm assuming it's better to just walk down and grab the badges and save the $10.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I've never put anything in the store or auction but I really want to get rid of my Marvel Dice Masters collection. I'm thinking the store would be the best bet.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Zee Garcia is the one member of the Dice Tower you can reliably listen to. He's the voice of reason in a sea of terrible.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm excited for my wife because it's her first GenCon. I think she is going to be in the crafting room for a long time.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm getting into town on Wednesday and plan on going after 8 pm.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Anniversary posted:

Shame I can't make it this year. It was nice meeting goons last year and even getting in a game of Millennium Blades with BL and ARB.

Oh hey I was at that game too. I was absolutely horrible at that game.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I love just going and relaxing in the auction during the slots that interest me. I have no intention of bidding but it's a good place to just relax for an hour or so.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I just bought Great Western Trail, Yokohama and Orleans to bring with me. Hopefully I can lear them in a month. I'm probably bringing a bunch of small games too.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Bottom Liner posted:

I'll be setting up goon games every day Wed-Sun. I'm bringing the following games:

A Feast for Odin
Scythe
Tak
Arcadia Quest
Battlecon
Arkham LCG
Keyflower

and a bunch of small games, plus whatever I find there (mostly looking for out of print stuff like Dominant Species).

I'd really like to try out Scythe and AFfO. Odin scares me a bit because I haven't played many heavy Euros so as long as you can be patient with someone new to that type of game I would like to give it a whirl.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Last year my badge came with a lanyard. Is that not the norm.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I got a huge bag of trail mix with a variety of nuts and M & M's and also some jerky that sustained me through my time in the dealer hall.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

That Old Tree posted:

Not knocking the other stuff, but once again the auction hall is my favorite part.

I'm probably going to spend a lot of Saturday there to see what stuff TOVA has.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Apparently Tom Vasal was furious at Alan Moon because he told the dam fish joke at the Dice Tower panel and there is swearing so Vasal thought it was inappropriate. Basically gently caress Tom Vasal.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I had to settle for airport so far for next year because i was late booking my usual hotel. I guess i get to play the lottery finally. Hoping to find a parking pass for the whole weekend soon so I dont have to deal with that everyday.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Wow didn’t realize badges went up to a $110. That might put mine and my wife’s plans of going in jeopardy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

djfooboo posted:

110 for three full awesome days that I look forward to all year is pretty good in my eyes.

It’s our vacation away from everything for 3days but I just found out I have to have my chimney rebuilt so the price plus hotel is just a little too steep. I’m going to be very sad if we can’t make it.

• Locked thread