Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Bottom Liner posted:

You really should have told the story of the punk band if you wanted to sell them on it

Yeah okay so one of the things that really sold me on the game was listening to an actual play podcast of the game that you can find here: http://oneshotpodcast.com/podcasts/one-shot/150-red-markets-part-1/

See, in the half-apocalypse future, eccentric rich people/corporations who live in the nice parts of the world, often have crazy missions they want the poor people in the apocalypse to do. The one-shot I played at gencon was finding a rare autographed portrait of fat elvis for a mob boss.

The podcast session features a popular punk band that, in their effort to be punk as gently caress, not only records their live albums in the zombie apocalypse, they also source their instruments and sound equipment from the apocalypse. So the PC's get hired (by the record company agent) to babysit a group of punks while they scavange a local high school for drums and guitars. They also have to provide security at their show for the inevitable "how is this punk band's live performance gonna gently caress us over", and boy oh boy does the punk band gently caress them over. It's great!

The session is GM'd by the creator and its pretty funny and well edited. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys podcasts and RPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

LuiCypher posted:

I gotta ask the real burning question that we're all dying to know about Gen Con 50:

How was Tom Cruise's Thighs?

So I couldn't find anyone to go with me to that rpg so I skipped it. This turned out to be a good decision because the game was run by an organization called ConTessa which is "dedicated to increasing diverse representation by running events led entirely by marginalized people...we provide open, inclusive, and safe environments that diversify what a leader looks like in our hobby" (https://www.contessa.rocks)

That is really awesome! It's also a terrible thing to goonrush with a bunch of cis het dudes. So it all turned out for the best!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

nesbit37 posted:

Are we going to keep this as the perpetual Gen Con Thread or start a fresh one for 2018. Can never start too early, its less than a year to the next one!

Thinking like this is why my grocery store had halloween displays before gencon!!

New thread in January/February sounds better, otherwise it'll just be all shitposted up instead of people getting hype about the imminent hotel lottery

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I mean they also drastically increased the amount of con space with the stadium. It'll be interesting to see if the increased attendance from last year's anniversary falls off or maintains. Last year was the first year they sold out right?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Eh its not a super chatty groupme in the offseason, just some gaming news now and then.

Not like dragoncon which gets like 500+ messages an hour

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Where was the no-room trade policy written? I didn’t see that. Seems like it just narrows the circle of room trades to people you trust with your last 4 digits cc and billing address?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks for digging those up for my lazy rear end, I appreciate it! Those changes don’t seem to affect much, unless there was some room scalping happening on reddit or something I don’t know about.

E: and just general jerky behavior of sitting on a reservation till you know for sure if you can go or not instead of letting early birds have the good stuff as intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

use the picture of the priest a lot but everytime you use it, zoom in 10% more on his face

• Locked thread