Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

siggy2021 posted:

I'm going to Gencon for the first time every this year. It was kind of sudden and unexpected. I probably won't have the same experience as most people because I'm actually working as a contractor for a large company demoing games and judging tournaments.

I'm pretty amped up about it because I'm going to Gencon pretty much all expenses paid and will get paid while I'm there and then probably give about twice that amount of money back to the company paying me.

TELL US WHAT YOU ARE DEMOING SO WE CAN ALL COME SEE YOU FRIEND.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

That Old Tree posted:

Not knocking the other stuff, but once again the auction hall is my favorite part.

A well-oiled machine.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Did you know that Rio Grande Games™ was running free Rio Grande Games™ demos in the Rio Grande Games™ room just above the dealer's hall, all weekend, brought to you by Rio Grande Games™? How could anyone run out of things to do?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
My hotel from this year is already sold out for next year. :commissar:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sloober posted:

they don't usually let you book in advance anymore, so it might just be listed 'unavailable'

By "sold out", I mean that the limited number of government rate rooms they set aside for Saturday/Sunday are already gone.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
There's a certain number of rooms at each hotel earmarked for government employees (I'm actually a fed contractor, but it still worked). $125/night for the Hyatt this past con. :rip:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
http://www.dicetowernews.com/gencon-50-wins-the-diana-jones-award/46748

:krad:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Reject the false groupme, uphold the true groupme

The DragonCon one?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Xotl posted:

Besides the auction and browsing the dealers' area, what's fun to do on a general unscheduled wander-around basis? Because literally every scheduled event I was interested sold out within minutes of registration opening without me getting a single ticket, and now I find myself heading making my first ever trip to GenCon with absolutely no plans.

Are there pickup games or anything where you can have a hope of wandering into a bunch of strangers and starting a game? I'd hate for this to just be a giant shopping trip.

You could spend all four days in the Dealer's Hall just demoing games Non-Stop and never drop a dime over your badge price, and there'd be absolutely nothing wrong with that. You'll be fine

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I love you bud, but willingly going to FL in the middle of summer is a poor life choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
There's a new thread, ya dinguses. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847330&pagenumber=1

• Locked thread