Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I spent a whole con 2015 driving in and parking at the stadium. Flat rate for the whole day, tons of space. Once you go skyway, however, you can never go back.

I miss you, KarKrew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If I remember I'll dump all the embarrassing/hilarious pics from GroupMe relevant to last year when I get home.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Double Agent posted:

We all know that we're going to end up at High Velocity at some point everyday.

That's better.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Quarex, are you going to make TOVA great again? Your presence was sorely missed last year.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

They have a shuttle but also just uber or taxi in, parking is like $20 a day and renting a car is going to be way more expensive than just using uber which is hella convenient and let's you drink.

Parking in the stadium is significantly cheaper than $20.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Just know as punishment you have to introduce yourself to every goon you meet as the guy/gal that was born lucky so we can all get our turn telling you to gently caress off and damning you to Catholic Hell.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I'll def be running some goon catastrophy late night during the con so look forward to that

As long as I get to be the truck again.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

If I run a dungeon world game I promise I'll make a whole character playbook of THE TRUCK

You have no idea how happy that just made me. gently caress WHY IS GENCON SO FAR AWAY

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The Malthusian posted:

I have a badge purchase question: This year, I'm only able to attend on Sunday, but I don't see the option for a Sunday badge. Instead, I can buy a "Family Fun Package," which lets me buy 4 badges for just $45 (total, not each). Am I understanding that correctly? Are the badges restricted to parents and kids, or can it be, as in this case, for me and my girlfriend? Are these badges otherwise the same as a normal 1-day or 4-day badge?

To be honest I'm amazed they even charge for the Sunday badges. Most everything is done, and over and everyone is pretty much packing up to go home. That price seems reasonable, and 8-under are free so yeah, you should be fine.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

As if there's a larger group to be backed by at Gen Con than the illustrious #KarKrew2017

Represent!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Backno posted:

NSDM is pretty awful imho. We had a poo poo load of goons in one a couple of years ago and had people walking out halfway through. The moderators where unhelpful at best, assholes at worst which added to the poo poo experience.

It didn't help that we were literal agents of chaos being goony idiots trying to break poo poo.
...although to be fair we (USSR) did both fake and successfully BEAT the Americans to the moon. It helped that John Glen died early. TOTALLY NOT US

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

When does the pickingening happen? I'm stuck at work and need to know if I need to steal my wage

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I love how you could have told me those photos of the auction pre-open were from any year in the last decade and I'd believe you.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

lol just lol if you've never had the meat-sweats at GenCon

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

FFG just announced they are adding more tickets for the L5R event. 2nd Chance!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Besides L5R and weird rear end small publisher boardgames that look awesome that I never heard of (Looking at you, best purchase of GenCon 2016 Council of Blackthorn) I'm pretty much only going to buy niche exclusives and RPG books that are cheaper buying in person than online thanks to shipping. poo poo no FLGS near me would ever carry. Standing in line for FFG 2 years in a row has learned me good.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

WerrWaaa posted:

Can I come to shots Friday or shots Saturday? Wednesday is family time, because they live in IN, and they are my excuse for taking off work to go to GenCon.

Also, any one interested in the late night events? Nerlesque or Cosplay Deviants? Seems both weird and overpriced for nerdy horndogs, but nevertheless entertaining perhaps.

Someone please give me an L5R ticket :(

So funny story about Cosplay Deviants...

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If you were in the GroupMe I'm sure you'd find out quickly about Cosplay Deviants

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Nerds have entirely too much disposable income and too little common sense.

GENCON!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is this a thing you just setup wherever you can find room?

That's pretty much how we operate as a goon collective.

get in GroupMe get in GroupMe get in GroupMe get in GroupMe get in GroupMe get in GroupMe get in GroupMe get in GroupMe get in GroupMe get in GroupMe get in GroupMe get in GroupMe

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

We'll always have High Velocity.

:allears:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Lol just lol if you go to GenCon and don't experience a groverlunch or 3

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

One and the same.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

You have too many events.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

At this point I think everything is basically sold out, going to have to figure out my parking when I get there

I spent the whole con 2015 driving in and parking at the stadium. Flat rate for the whole day, tons of space.

Edit: it doesn't show on parkwiz, but http://www.downtownindy.org/get-around-downtown/park/?&lm=vd shows that it's 5 bucks a day to park there. I imagine for the event it is more like 15? but that's hard to beat.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 16, 2017

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

That's cool and all, but nerdy as gently caress and NO ONE CARES

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

They've been setup in that hallway for at least the last 3 years doing pickup games with strangers for generics. I think in 2015 it night have been bring out your dead?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Badges badges badges badges badges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Get. loving. GroupMe.

I'm serious. Get on there and never be wanting for something to do or someone to hang with.

• Locked thread