Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Gencon is wothin 3 hours of where I live and I've never had a chance to go. What Warhammer 40k events go on there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

What are the thoughts on taking kids to GenCon. The wife and I are looking to take the four year old. Will he have a good time, or should his first Con be something more like ComicCon?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I poked my head into this thread a little while back, but now I am finally getting around to coming up with a schedule of events. My wife and I will be bringing our 4 year old, and I am curious what everyone's advice is. This will be our first Gencon, but we are specifically interested in: Cosplay(both), Warhammer 40K(me), and Dr. Who(her). We are already trying to figure out how we want to divide the day, because we know the kiddo isn't going to be able to handle the whole thing, so we are assuming a return to the hotel for a nap is in the cards.

As we go over it we are thinking of being there Saturday and Sunday, and making Saturday our day, pulling some sort of port/starboard where one of us attends what we want the first half of the day, and then swapping kid duty while the other gets the second half of the day to themselves. Sunday would then of course be a true family day.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

Taking a 4 year old to such a crowded event where so much stuff is going on 24 hours a day sounds like a waking nightmare and is something I would never attempt.

I hope you survive.

Yeah, I am anticipating it, but my wife wanted to turn it into a full family event. Recent conversation indicates she might be regretting her choice, but we will see. I was originally planning on going alone to participate in the 40K event.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

So wait, you do have badges already? You worry me with talking about how you "plan" to come up for the weekend.

Yeah, I already have badges.

Just trying to figure out what is worth our time. The Costume contest seems a given, and we have a good idea of what kid stuff he will enjoy. I might just go linger at the 40k finalist tables and see what everyone is playing, and that my be the extent of it.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 7, 2017

• Locked thread