Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Anyone know offhand what hotels let you have more than 4 occupants? Our group has 5 this year and don't want to get 2 rooms (and don't want to sneak someone in)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks for the advice on more than 4 in a room, but the guys I usually go with are worried about getting kicked out and want to do it the legit way. One of my friends got 2:30 as his time so hopefully they'll get a room we can use, otherwise I'll be back here begging goons for some floor space. I can't stay outside of downtown again this year it's too horrible :/

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Double Agent posted:

If my group back in 2000 could put 12 people in a room and not get kicked out, you can do 5. :)

Yeah I'm friends with worry warts. You might wind up with 13 this year :D

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Welp I got screwed my group got a room for 4 but afraid to do 5 so I'm SOL :(

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

You guys know this, I know this, but my friend that made the reservation is scared of everything so yeah I'm out of a place to stay so far

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Neveth posted:

We got in a minute after you and there was NOTHING downtown. All we wanted was a single king for 2 people. Nothing. *sigh* So we're out at the airport. Anyone know what sort of shuttle system they have, if any, or do we need to look into renting a car once we get to indy?

2 years ago we stayed near the airport, there are shuttles that come out to the outlying hotels. I can't remember the signup website offhand but it was 6 bucks a trip. We signed up for each morning shuttle in and über home so we didn't have a specific time we had to leave

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

What's the worst smell you've experienced at GenCon?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

When I wasn't staying downtown 2 years ago I'd walk a few blocks to a restaurant or skywalk to the Westin lobby. I've never set foot in a convention hall bathroom thank God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I wondered why it reeked so bad outside Steak and Shake and was afraid to eat there.

I also encountered someone so stinky at a game I was playing in 2015 that I left midgame even though I paid to play. The kicker? It was the guy running the table, and when he'd lean in help you got that odor zone right in the face, a nice combo of unwashed rear end and old jerk sock with a hint of hot dog chili armpits

• Locked thread