Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Every time I read anything about the RPG stuff at Gen Con, it makes me happy I have no interest in the RPG stuff at Gen Con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I know there are game/event tickets and generic tickets, but do you buy the generic tickets before Gencon or at Gencon? This will be my first time there, and I already have my X-Wing stuff sort of mapped out, but I want to some board gaming too.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
If there's not dongs going in...what the point?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So, how do people handle parking for GenCon? I'm driving up from Louisville, so only a couple hours way, and I have a hotel that's like 15 minutes from the center. I know parking will be a insane, but is there some place I can reserve parking that allows me to come and go as I please? I found one place I thought was reasonable, but it does not allow reentry, just park once and that's it, which doesn't work for me. I also know there is that Lot 10 parking thing on events page that SEEMS t be somewhat what I'm looking for, but all this logistics is confusing to me.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Sloober posted:

Look here pal we don't play games to have fun, we play them to be nerds. This is what you just do.

If you know a better way to be nerds, i'd like to hear it.

It's because the term 'fun' is so subjective that it ends up meaning nothing and is a terrible way of describing something. It's better to say why something is fun so that other people can know where your coming from. If you can't say why you find something fun, then you shouldn't be reviewing games.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Well, okay then. Carry on.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'm excited for my wife because she gets 3 whole days alone at home where she doesn't have to deal with me.

She loves boar games, but has less of a tolerance for long play sessions.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Taking a 4 year old to such a crowded event where so much stuff is going on 24 hours a day sounds like a waking nightmare and is something I would never attempt.

I hope you survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I used SpotHero for parking. Thursday is a couple blocks away for $7 (I have to be out of there by 7:30, but I have to check into the hotel anyway). Friday and Saturday, I am literally right across the street from the convention center, but it's $25 a day.

• Locked thread