Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
+1 for Haveli, it's fast and tasty and you should all stay the gently caress away so I can get a table with no wait like I did last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

One of my group got 1:05pm so I'm feeling pretty good about getting a skywalk connected hotel. Confirm/deny that hope?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

nesbit37 posted:

I ask you, thread, what questions would you have of such a man?

"Can I have your hotel room?"

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Forge World will also most likely have a booth where you can spend way too much money on their lovely resin cast-offs. They sell shirts and mugs if that's also your jam.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I'm considering Unplugged since I've never been to Philly before, could be fun.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Nemesis Of Moles runs ace Dungeon World games, +1 would dungeon again.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I did will-call the last two years and I was in and out of the line in under 15 minutes each time, around noonish on Thursday.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Man, this is shaping up to be nuts, I'm getting super hyped.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Treat Gencon like it's an actual, literal hike through the woods and pack appropriate food based on that. Hunter sausage sticks (aka Slim Jims) or jerky, nuts, protein bars, stuff that packs easily. Have space in your bag for water and try to make it last.

But also, yeah, c'mon, try a food truck or three (or eighteen, like Ilor's kickin' rad wife) and get some grub at High Velocity with goons.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

This was my first time going with more than just one friend, and I was nervous about how it'd all work out, but we had a good balance of doing group things and separating. Played a ton of Pathfinder ACG (as always) and tried out Starfinder. I originally was ready to drop down a lot of money on Starfinder, but the event we played was pretty lackluster and it selling out on day 1 left a bad taste in my mouth. Ended up doing a demo of 7th Sea, as well, and falling in love with it so my group and I decided to jump into that.

7th Sea is fun! I've got some issues with the second edition rules and my group is all aboard Apocalypse World lately but I'm hoping we'll get back to it someday. I leafed through the two new books and thought the Sorte deck was great.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

Best new games you played at Gencon this year. GO!

Serious answer: Wild West Exodus
Bonus answer: Happy Salmon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

You could get a room at the Fairfield (behind the JW) as of Sunday night but it was $500 a night, they wanted the entire stay's cost up front, and you would not get a refund if you cancelled it more than one (1) day after booking.

• Locked thread