Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

GenCon time already?! Hot drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Dr. Quarex posted:

I will switch to this one now that I have caught up on the Indianapolis thread. I loved the last two posts there: "Anyone going out tonight?" "No."

thought about trying to wrangle up some folks to go to an Indy 11 game once, then thought better of it.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Uh someone make my decisions for me. Preferably a tabletop RPG

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Ive always found GenCon goons to be a social bunch as long as they arent going to 1000 events. Alcohol + games has a way of bringing folks together

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I'm excited to play some Arkham Horror LCG and Dark Souls, but after about 5 games of Dark Souls, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it:

Pros -
Sculps look amazing
A clutch Dodge roll really has a Souls feel to it
The bosses are proper scary
Complacency can and will get you killed, even by normal mooks
Victory after a tough encounter feels awesome

Cons -
We felt the need to house-rule the amount of Souls you get after an Encounter so there isn't so much grinding
We also felt the need to house-rule the gear i.e. we laid out some "basic" upgrades that could be bought without the RNG of the Treasure deck. I know I know, sorry. It was sure just slight upgrades over the starter gear
Without the house rules, grinding/RNG can be pretty tedious
The boss arc/movement system is sort of confusing and in my opinion not explained very well in the manual
While you can theoretically build whatever you want, you don't necessarily get a "blank slate". You have to start as one of the classes, and those classes each have a unique cap for each stat. If I choose a Knight, he can only accrue so much Dex and therefore will be locked out of the really high Dex weapons. I don't know if this is really a con or not, but it does make each person sort of adhere to their archetype.

I really enjoy it but it's not a game I could play all of the time. I'm excited about the kickstarter expansions adding some further wrinkles into the game. Maybe some goon games will help.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Can't wait to buy more games i'll only play for those 4 days because my friends don't like board games :(

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Bottom Liner posted:

I'll be setting up goon games every day Wed-Sun. I'm bringing the following games:

A Feast for Odin
Scythe
Tak
Arcadia Quest
Battlecon
Arkham LCG
Keyflower

and a bunch of small games, plus whatever I find there (mostly looking for out of print stuff like Dominant Species).

I'm in for Arkham LCG. I'll be bringing that and Dark Souls

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Carteret posted:

Lol just lol if you go to GenCon and don't experience a groverlunch or 3

fuckin lmbo if you aren't pilfering food from sleeping con-goers like a big sweaty raccoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Haystack posted:

I saw it in one of the big long rpg booths. I think in isle 2000 somewhere.

I was actually interested in demoing it to so thank you

• Locked thread