Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

ZachAttack posted:

We gots to get another goon Council of Blackthorne game going, I want to get backstabbed again.

Yeah, that was a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Backno posted:

These are the types of places I want to check out and chat with the staff at. Gen Con has grown enough (and thanks to various apps) that the first zone of places are starting to get cramped more often. Thankfully if you just walk a couple of blocks most of the crowd will stay away.

Also I will post it here now and mention it a few more times as we get closer. But several of you guys got to try 3 Floyd's Zombie Dust for the first time last year. Would there be interest in me doing a run up to their brewery to grab cases for cost + some money for gas (6 hours of driving total). Atm it's $40 for a case of what I believe is 24 bottles.

I've never had it, but I hear good things, so I'd be in. Now, as long as you don't leave it in your car parked 8,000 miles away that'd be great. :v:

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Dr. Quarex posted:

Trivia is functionally dead if they moved it to Thursday. I know that is not true either in actuality or in spirit, but I am sure I am not the only person who is almost always busy at Gen-Con during normal hours after Wednesday night, thus making it a sad non-event. Plus clearly we need some gathering to replace it on Wednesday night...so, Harry & Izzy's to just gorge ourselves it is, perfect.

Let's be honest here. We all know that we're going to end up at High Velocity at some point Wednesday.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Carteret posted:

That's better.

Well, duh, that was a given.

Same.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maigius posted:

10:24 PM, but I already have a downtown hotel booked if I can't get closer.

Welp, at least I know I'm not the latest at 10:19 PM. :suicide:

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Pez posted:

Thanks for the advice on more than 4 in a room, but the guys I usually go with are worried about getting kicked out and want to do it the legit way. One of my friends got 2:30 as his time so hopefully they'll get a room we can use, otherwise I'll be back here begging goons for some floor space. I can't stay outside of downtown again this year it's too horrible :/

If my group back in 2000 could put 12 people in a room and not get kicked out, you can do 5. :)

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

One of the people in my group had 3:30 and everything downtown was gone. So, as of right now, we're 7 miles out. :suicide:

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

nesbit37 posted:

Was really optomistic the rooms were going to last longer with the new spreadout.

That's not really the impression that I got as their reasoning for this. It seemed more like a way to reduce server load so the whole page didn't die because thousands of people were checking to see where in the queue they were at the same time.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

There is a lifetime supply of salt about housing on facebook. Even though I got turbofucked by the system this year, it's still the best way to do it. The biggest problem was that since this was the first year they've done it this way, no one knew when downtown rooms were going to be gone. So now we have an idea of how long it's going to be if they stick with this format. Maybe. I think that since it's the 50th anniversary, more people who may not have attended this year are coming out of the woodwork. I guess we'll find out when attendance numbers are released post-con.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

So I figured I'd check to see what was still available at 10:19 pm for kicks and as expected, it's gently caress-all. Nearest is 11.9 miles. Giving people log-in times 10+ hours after it opened feels like watching the last runner cross the finish line at a marathon well after it was won.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Slandible posted:

Every bathroom mid day in ICC. A Skywalk hotel is worth any price for a BM not in an nacho spraying wasteland.

Even if you aren't staying in a skywalk hotel it's worth it to walk to one unless there's absolutely no choice.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Uroboros posted:

Gencon is wothin 3 hours of where I live and I've never had a chance to go. What Warhammer 40k events go on there?

The event tends to be "How Will GW gently caress Up At The Con This Year?"

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Slandible posted:

Was it last year when they had one of the super tiny booths in the back of the vendor hall because they can't book correctly?

I know that they had a small booth, but I do not remember if it was because they messed it up or if that's what they wanted. I do remember that 2 years ago was when the booth staff flying in from the UK applied for the wrong type of visa and got sent back home right after they got off the plane.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Deathlove posted:

Shipped. Those Will Call lines for the first forty-eight hours are death.

Since will call is now open 24 hours, the best time to go is late at night. Sure, there's a good chance you'll be drunk at that point, but it will be a shorter line.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Ego Trip posted:

I don't know what games to bring this year. Besides Avalon ofc.

Last year was Scythe.

Just remember to bring Fiasco. Because Goon Fiasco is always a highlight of the con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Exmond posted:

I sadly won't be making it this year. Please continue the goon trend of SHOT WEDNESDAY without me!

Shot Wednesday is kind of its own monster at this point. Short of the con not happening, it's going to be a thing.

• Locked thread