Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

A Canadian Premier League is a good idea. The question is, will the Canadian MLS clubs play ball?

I'd say that depends on what "playing ball" entails. The uncomfortable tension that's always been in my mind about the CPL is that MLS has already planted itself in the three biggest TV (and otherwise) markets in Canada, and while it's not clear how well a national league would do financially and mindshare-wise without a presence there, it's also not clear how well it would manage to compete in those areas in direct competition.

We only know concrete details about two of the starting teams in the CPL (Winnipeg and Hamilton) so honestly I still don't know how they intend to resolve this. There was some noise about the Canadian MLS teams putting their affiliate teams in CPL instead of USL (with the predictable reaction from a lot of vocal CPL fans) but that's died down and all you've got instead is people like TFC's president making noises about being "very protective" of Toronto as a market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread