Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Angstronaut posted:

My home team is Chattanooga FC and it seems like we are very much involved in NISA and will inevitably join. Very interested to see who the first round teams are, how local rivalries are affected, how the financials end up working out.

And of course Ted Westervelt is against it :lol:

DCFC fan here. People seem cautiously bullish, it's a really intriguing idea if it all pans out... Won't miss toddlers waddling onto the pitch and toothless owners calling us "jagoffs" over the PA, though. The NPSL is a shitshow.

e: Oh, also gently caress Ted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Was at the game as well; the 7,500 reported seemed at least crazier (and significantly larger) than the previous 7,400 record at Keyworth. Can also confirm the officiating seemed especially poor, even for the NPSL.

DCFC was exceptionally lucky the game went into extra time, though once it did it seemed like DCFC came on and controlled the entire 30 minutes despite not being able to finish. Midland's keeper played out of his mind in PKs, props to him.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

The current NPSL scuttlebutt is that Midland-Odessa FC don't have enough remaining players to field a team for the championship, opening the real (inevitable?) possibility that the match will be forfeit and Elm City will be crowned champs.

The only other possible option is the league sabotaging itself and offering DCFC the spot, which would be insane. It also doesn't seem like the DCFC FO has any interest in entertaining that possibility.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

TraderStav posted:

Cool video on DCFC. Take the supporters with a grain of salt, they're a bit overdramatic

https://youtu.be/JYGQjJFg76U

As one of them, there's definitely people who have their... let's call them strong opinions. Personally, I'm more keen on the grassroots efforts of the SG and club and very much not a fan of the idea of Detroit funding yet another stadium. Gilbert seems like a crap owner (judging by his inability to do anything other than luck into LeBron twice) and I'm already wary of the amount of power he wields in the city as it is, too.
Though I will say, at least from the informal polls run by NGS themselves, the overall base is split roughly down the middle on supporting a potential MLS team. It's mostly the founders who've helped build the SG and the club who are vehemently opposed to MLS, which is understandable. Not everyone's thrilled when WalMart rolls into town.

But a good little doc! Apparently they recorded way, way more footage than they ended up using, I'm hoping they do something with it instead of letting it fall by the wayside.

e: Don't mean to be confrontational or start up any debate about MLS or whatever, just giving my two cents.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 8, 2017

• Locked thread