Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Do over Ham posted:

Cosmos did draw well the first few years at Hofstra. The move to Brooklyn is none too soon, though, as attendance was dropping steadily at Hofstra. Per the previous thread the pitch at MCU may not be too bad given that it is artificial (which is a different kind of bad, though); what really is bad are the viewing angles for the fans. If you Google the setup the Cosmos had at their game at MCU Park last year, it isn't great. It is a baseball stadium where the two stands come together at an acute angle so there's no way to really make the soccer pitch line up correctly with the stands. But still better than playing at a university stadium on Long Island. MCU Park is right next to major public transit lines, and there's no restrictions on beer. :beerpal:

Holy moly you weren't kidding about those sight lines:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I stayed at the hotel right next to their stadium recently and was super disappointed that they weren't in town that weekend. I've watched a couple of their games streaming, and it seems like a sweet place to watch some soccer.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

fyallm posted:

FC Cincinnati being on ESPN for a non final Cup game warms my heart so so so much!

Agreed, and also there is an Open Cup thread

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Yea the FC really ruins it. Las Vegas Lights is a fine American sports team name, but adding FC makes it incredibly stupid. I voted for Club Vegas though, so what do I know?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I’m glad an MLS reserve team didn’t win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
The NASL is moving to the international calendar in order to "bring another level of excitement to fans and offer greater development opportunities for players and clubs across the country" and definitely not because it only has 4 teams and this is a good way to delay the start date of the season without actually calling it a delay.

• Locked thread