Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Habs bad

Come back Gallagher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/827994137114861568

Don't stop, I'm so close.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Fartsmell has been named the CBJ's LGBT and Diversity Ambassador: http://www.dispatch.com/sports/2017...-you-believe-in

Wait, didnt Hartnell turn out to be some Trump loving racist? Or was that a different Blue Jacket?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Holland is fulfilling his destiny. Enjoy your 1st rounder, Leafs.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

goldrush posted:

As much as I'd love a team in Seattle, as it's very close to me and I love visiting there, I honestly have doubts one would do well there. Especially because if Seattle does get a new arena, the city will care more about getting the Sonics back than anything else. Never struck me as much of a hockey town, and I've grown up my whole life in their media market. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but I have real doubts (sorry Duke Chin please don't be mad at me). I'm just envisioning an NHL team competing with the Seahawks/Mariners/Sounders/Huskies/return of NBA team and getting hosed. I think Portland might be a better target market for the NHL in the PNW

As a native Oregonian I feel I am specifically qualified to say "gently caress Portland" and am mad at u :argh:

Hockey will do fine here, not to mention our media market + population is way bigger and only growing and furthermore gently caress Portland :v:

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Nashville traded for Vern Fiddler, who I thought was retired.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Furnaceface posted:

Wait, didnt Hartnell turn out to be some Trump loving racist? Or was that a different Blue Jacket?

He said he'd have liked to have met the Fuhrer when he was in Columbus on his thank you tour, but I don't think that automatically makes one racist. The article also mentions he's had some tie to You Can Play since Philly.

It was also brought up by others in N/V that hockey players (or athletes in general) may support whoever helps them keep the most money.

e- You Can Play was the initiative he did a PSA for.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 5, 2017

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

Thufir posted:

Nashville traded for Vern Fiddler, who I thought was retired.

i just assume he takes faceoffs and leaves the ice at this point

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trump literally wants to make it legal to discriminate based on sexuality.

Scott Hartnell is stupid so he probably doesn't know that, but he doesn't get credit for ignorance.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Aphrodite posted:

Trump literally wants to make it legal to discriminate based on sexuality.

Scott Hartnell is stupid so he probably doesn't know that, but he doesn't get credit for ignorance.

Actually, Pence wants that. Trump is the one who is a huge pervert.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Cross posting from GDT:

Schlesische posted:

Friendly reminder, Connor McDavid is currently leading all scorers (with 10 more GP).
His p/g is not league leading but it is over 1p/g which is just absurd considering this is effectively his debut season given how little he played last year, add to that how much he's contributing to the team which is also pretty absurd. He's got 16 points over Draisatl in 2nd, and has almost doubled Eberle's contribution from third. So far, he's been having the season everyone tipped him to have last year - if not a better one.
Connor McJesus is for real y'all.

What I'm trying to say here, is Connor McDavid is going to light the Habs up like a loving bonfire tomorrow.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
It's gonna be great when Emelin goes for the hit and misses completely because McDavid is already 3 strides past him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

God drat it Backes.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
N: 3 game losing streak snapped. Nylander Hattie.

V: gently caress Boston

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

As a native Oregonian I feel I am specifically qualified to say "gently caress Portland" and am mad at u :argh:

Hockey will do fine here, not to mention our media market + population is way bigger and only growing and furthermore gently caress Portland :v:

same except native Seattleite.

have I told you guys about Adam McQuaid?

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Since the Pens are in STL, MAF can just stay there after they trade for him.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Habs will never beat Caps again

so it is written

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Martytoof posted:

Habs will never beat Caps again

so it is written

Under what circumstances could the Caps and Habs meet in the second round?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's going to be funny when the stars trade no one, continue to try to win games and keep their coach the rest of the season.

Just pack it up, dudes, the playoffs aren't happening with this dogshit team.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Schlesische posted:

Cross posting from GDT:

What I'm trying to say here, is Connor McDavid is going to light the Habs up like a loving bonfire tomorrow.

Nah, Oilers are doing bad right now. Habs will probably shut down McDavid and win easily.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Hey don't think you can out-negative Nancy us!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

You can hate the Habs and you can hate Carey Price but if you don't think this is :3: then I think you're just broken on the inside

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQGWtzvlfqr

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Stretch Marx posted:

I would prefer giving up fewer 3 goal leads but loving the Bruins is all that counts.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Stretch Marx posted:

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

One day, with Nylander's help, the hockey world will be far less prejudiced against players that look like stunt doubles from Home Improvement. #goLeafs

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He has the same haircut Kristen Stewart just did on SNL.

xryokus
Aug 25, 2006
The world will change.
https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/828127244698542083

Super glad the Bruins who definitely don't need goalie depth traded him away.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Found on /r/hockey

Wiilllll Nyyyyyy
The Scoooring Guuuuy
WILL WILL WILL WILL WILL WILL

https://gfycat.com/PowerlessLimitedCaiman

Stretch Marx fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 5, 2017

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Aphrodite posted:

God drat it Backes.

What did he do? I didn't catch any of the game but saw the headlines from it. Sounded like a big standard last minute b's loss like they do now...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How the hell are people seeing hockey at 60fps? Because I want it bad:

http://streamable.com/x5r1j

Also pretty good save I guess, but Comcast here in Chicago doesn't give me a picture anywhere near that awesome.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

xzzy posted:

Also pretty good save I guess, but Comcast here in Chicago doesn't give me a picture anywhere near that awesome.

NHL.tv advertises 60fps I think.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Krime posted:

NHL.tv advertises 60fps I think.

Not on browsers though AFAIK, unless it has changed recently. The PS4 etc. device apps can do 60 FPS.

And obviously hockey is shown at 60 FPS on TV (or 60 half-frames if interlaced).

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

xzzy posted:

That was some elbow by doan

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So uh, Morgan Rielly is attempting to play through a high ankle sprain, which I don't think you're supposed to do. Explains why he's looked kinda lovely still though.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also Corrado cleared waivers. RIP Frankie

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

What did he do? I didn't catch any of the game but saw the headlines from it. Sounded like a big standard last minute b's loss like they do now...

Just a bad pass and a post that was supposed to be in the GDT.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Holland is fulfilling his destiny. Enjoy your 1st rounder, Leafs.

is...is...holland BUYING before the deadline???

last i heard was he's standing pat which makes no loving sense to me.

wings bad---sell sell sell!!!

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Because I know you all care about the Rangers superbowl picks:

https://www.facebook.com/nyrangers/videos/10154524714769858/

Also Stepan calls Adam Clendening Luke Glendening which was pretty funny.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Jovial Cow posted:

Because I know you all care about the Rangers superbowl picks:

https://www.facebook.com/nyrangers/videos/10154524714769858/

Also Stepan calls Adam Clendening Luke Glendening which was pretty funny.

Hi Eastern Conference Wild Card New York Rangers, you guys are doing great! You could win the STANLEY CUP, hockey's holy grail. Would you like a hockey player? We've got a lot of them, and they're all on sale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Trevor Bird posted:

i just assume he takes faceoffs and leaves the ice at this point

pretty much

• Locked thread