Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

what the hell was Gardiner doing?

Said every Leaf fan every game since January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DuhSal posted:

Gardiner "completely zoned out" is the perfect description of his game sometimes.

I will say I like Gardiner a lot and he's definitely a net positive, but with Rielly hobbled the team really needs him to not... do what he's been doing lately.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Technetium posted:

N: Tyler Bozak looks to be out tonight with Not An Injury so noted worst player on the team Ben Smith gets promoted to the third line, Mitchell "Mitch" Marner is still injured

V: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sucks that literally everyone on the Marlies is dead

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Technetium posted:

There's a decent chance you could call up Literally Anyone from the Marlies and have them be as good as Ben Smith if not better

I think part of the issue is actually contracts, a lot of the guys who are uninjured are on AHL deals to save the Leafs the SPC slot (they're at 49/50 iirc). The only target I can think of to bring up is Laich, but the Marlies are also on a bus to Hershey right now so it's probably not worth it.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

Doesn't Byron Froese have an NHL contract? He can't be worse than Smith, who is being outplayed badly by Frederik "1 goal in 26 AHL games" Gauthier.

Turns out he does, I didn't realize the Leafs had signed him to a two year deal. Also so does Seth Griffith, who I forgot about but has already suited up as 4C this year.

Bozak isn't actually injured according to Babcock, maybe they can't call anyone up? The only reason Gauthier's in at all is because of Marner being placed on IR.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Babcock has been pretty vocal with his opinion that Marner should have been cleared by now, but considering how Rielly has looked coming back early from his sprain I think Marner should be held out as long as he needs.

It's also pretty lovely to call out team doctors in the media like that imo, I understand the frustration but coaches in general should probably keep their medical opinions to a minimum.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Kalenn Istarion posted:

In the expansion draft how are protected vs unprotected players decided?

Would be lovely for leafs to finally be putting a team together to get one of their new young guns yoinked

The Leafs are fine, all the good ones are exempt. Unless you're super attached to Connor Carrick or Josh Leivo

• Locked thread