Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
N: 3 game losing streak snapped. Nylander Hattie.

V: gently caress Boston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Found on /r/hockey

Wiilllll Nyyyyyy
The Scoooring Guuuuy
WILL WILL WILL WILL WILL WILL

https://gfycat.com/PowerlessLimitedCaiman

Stretch Marx fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 5, 2017

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

xzzy posted:

NHL should figure out how to get the league average back to .875, make it priority #1.

I don't know why people don't go with the obvious answer and just give every goalie and eye patch. No depth-perception. Bing bong so simple

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Amazing.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

ThinkTank posted:

Is there a lazier cliche in sports than "bad work ethic" for a young player? It's thrown about constantly, but I can count on one hand the number of times it has been true. In the vast majority of cases the answer is "players improve at different rates and can stagnate for a bit after having some initial success." Assuming that a drop in performance is suddenly the result of too much partying/not being a team guy instead of a natural part of the ups and downs of a pro career is just lazy. Not everyone is a Sidney Crosby beep boop never stop working machine.

It's never hardworking young players that call out their teammates. It's the 33 year old journeymen that don't have a great deal of talent and less assurance of a place in the lineup than their more talented peers. Them or old NHLers that are now in their 50s and 60s and wear rose coloured glasses about their playing days while conveniently forgetting the years drinking on the team bus and chasing rear end because they were hard working pros and definitely not rich, young kids enjoying life because kids these days with their snapchat and selfies amirite?

Honestly this pretty true for most situations in life where old people are involved.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
There are currently only two teams in the Atlantic division that have positive goal differentials. And one of them has 9 rookies. Atlantic real bad.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Suspicious posted:

Also way to have no memory, thread. Remember last season? "lol you're undefeated and you're complaining!!" and then the Habs didn't make the playoff because without a .935+ Carey Price, this team is nothing.

Hey at least you have the other team in the Atlantic with a positive goal differential. That's good, right?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
For all the poo poo that Babcock gets he's infinitely better than Randy loving Carlyle.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
The Leafs are blue
Start spreading the news
The Calder belongs to
Auston Matthews.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
After 10000 Fire Therriens I'm free!
It's time to conquer Montreal!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Leafs clinging onto that wild card spot. I can't believe that I'm actually potentially going to see play off hockey.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I know this isn't NHL related but I still think people should see this just for the :lol:

Strome scores with an opponent's stick.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

a false posted:

ive already posted this elsewhere but i am posting it here also because it is hockey related: last night i went to rangers - islanders game with my dad and cousin and uncle and the game was good but by far the best part of the experience was when this drunk loud 30 year old behind us who kept trying to start "JT (john tavares, captain of the new york islanders) SWALLOWS" chants which no one was interested in following along with got mercilessly owned by a 12 year old islanders fan further down his row who shouted "LOOKS LIKE YOU SWALLOW A LOT OF PORK CHOPS BIG BOY *slaps stomach*" and the guy tried to come up with a good comeback and couldnt and the kid went "WHATS THE MATTER, DID YOU JUST GET OUTSMARTED BY A 12 YEAR OLD" and the guy got extremely red and mad and started cursing out the kid and the guys girlfriend told him "you're arguing with a loving child, grow up" and he protested that the kid started it and she told him she didnt want to talk to him until he stops being a loving baby and i was extremely happy to watch this mans total emasculation at the hands of a preteen

:discourse:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
-e- wrong thread

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I honestly think our scoring depth is being addressed properly. My only concern is dealing with loving Hunwick and Polak taking up dman spots that we could be using to help develop some rookies with sheltered minutes. Instead we have a gong show that has demonstrated multiple times now that they can't play the style of hockey the Leafs require now.

I also hope JVR doesn't move. I like his chemistry with Marner though I'm sure Marner can build chemistry with practically anyone. For he is the truth you see.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

xzzy posted:

Well duh they hired a coach that just got fired from another identical job. You wouldn't hire a kid to flip burgers for you who just got fired from McDonald's for undercooking meat and infecting 100 people with salmonella would you?

I've actually met a person who got salmonella poisoning and it infected her brain and now she has a hard time remembering where the corner store is that she walks by literally every day. Cook your chicken thoroughly folks.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Matthews being Matthews.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Now is gif form:

https://twitter.com/mkmolnar/status/833488834398658560/photo/1

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

T-Bone posted:

Anyway here's a quick and dirty team :fuckoff:

Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Benn-McDavid-Seguin
Tavares-Toews-Stamkos
Hall-Scheifele-Carter
Stone/MacKinnon

Keith-Doughty
Pietrangelo-Burns
Letang-Weber
Subban

Price
Holtby
Dubnyk

of course Subban won't make it

If your US team is playing Matthews I don't see how a Canada team isn't playing Marner.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

DuhSal posted:

Yea I mostly like him too, he just has those moments where you don't know what he's thinking, or if he's thinking at all.

That's always been my issue with him. I've liked him for the most part and he's been reliable for years. But every game he has a "Controller Disconnected" mental lapse. Luckily if he's put with someone competent that can be mitigated. Otherwise it's up to Andersen.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

ThinkTank posted:

Apparently the Sens did it first a few days ago

https://streamable.com/nzxjr

Nice

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

:yeah: So catchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Martytoof posted:

That's just batshit insane. What kind of person thinks this is a good idea.

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/831712138666397696

• Locked thread