Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

:stare: holy poo poo I hadn't seen or heard of this.

also the dumb gdt is up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

And Bergeron got sniped in the leg and is limping so.... yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Cool. Great.

:sigh: Welcome back to the team, Zane - and welcome-welcome-WELCOME back to the team, Khudobin.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Martytoof posted:

Six more years of Therrien

This IRL got the Sensible Chuckle gif guy chuckle out of me.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Whooooooooooooooooopsies.

Schlesische posted:

My bet is on the third option.
I think the NHL desperately wants to be in Seattle, and is leery of putting another team in Quebec due to it's size and status as "l'fier fief de la francophonie".
Funny story: The city council and mayor's offices have gone full turbo retard in the last two weeks-two months and AEG is smelling blood :homebrew: in the water and, yes, yet again - they're doing another, another, ANOTHER loving study to see how to get Key Arena renovated despite Chris Hansen/Nordstroms/Russell Wilson saying they will no-joke 100% privately finance the SODO arena.

We're gonna gently caress it up. The city admin is trying so hard to gently caress it up. There's so much back room palm greasing and sneaky bullshit going on between The Mariners, The Port of Seattle, The Seattle Times and City Council & Mayor & AEG it's loving bullshit.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Schlesische posted:

I mean, you'll figure it out eventually. The NHL does not want to be in Quebec City, and Montreal is going to want it's pound of flesh money so I figure you guys have time.
When's the next City Council election?

There is like zero chance "The Port is a cesspool of corruption... but I'm voting for them caaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuse..." Kshama Sawant doesn't get reelected cause lol we gerrymandered into districts last election cycle with no public input. (We used to be able to vote on all seats of city council - WHOOPS that's gone)

And especially with you-know-who the president I seriously doubt anyone currently on the council has to worry with how Seattle votes. :sigh: I hope, though. I'mma keep hoping.

It just blows my mind how much bullshit the Mariners, Times and Port keeps blowing up their rear end and they buy it. SODO is quite literally the perfect place for an arena, what with it being zoned for arenas and having all mass transit route through there (unlike Key Arena, which barely has any moving traffic going through there any hour of the day.) :sigh: x2

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

goldrush posted:

As much as I'd love a team in Seattle, as it's very close to me and I love visiting there, I honestly have doubts one would do well there. Especially because if Seattle does get a new arena, the city will care more about getting the Sonics back than anything else. Never struck me as much of a hockey town, and I've grown up my whole life in their media market. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but I have real doubts (sorry Duke Chin please don't be mad at me). I'm just envisioning an NHL team competing with the Seahawks/Mariners/Sounders/Huskies/return of NBA team and getting hosed. I think Portland might be a better target market for the NHL in the PNW

As a native Oregonian I feel I am specifically qualified to say "gently caress Portland" and am mad at u :argh:

Hockey will do fine here, not to mention our media market + population is way bigger and only growing and furthermore gently caress Portland :v:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Aphrodite posted:

God drat it Backes.

What did he do? I didn't catch any of the game but saw the headlines from it. Sounded like a big standard last minute b's loss like they do now...

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Koopa Kid posted:

So uh, Morgan Rielly is attempting to play through a high ankle sprain, which I don't think you're supposed to do. Explains why he's looked kinda lovely still though.

I'm on the tail end of one right now and dude I wouldn't wish it on anyone (except maybe bannon/spicer/trump lololol topical humour) it loving sucks.

I've never been that immobile before.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

I'm not even a flyers fan and think that's pretty re-goddamn-tarded.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Oh I'm also glad that this is a regularly updated thing now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6hfeMiG4cU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

fits posted:

enjoy australia i guess

That's like, French Southern and Antarctic Lands.... Sounds cozy. I bet they'll have a great team to root for next year.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Drunk Canuck posted:

Enjoy a decade of irrelevance, Bruins! Shame Rask is going to be wasted on a bunch of 1st round exits.
Joke's on you the B's are gonna finish 1 point out of a wild card spot.

I knew it was coming but that still doesn't make it a stupid loving move.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

grack posted:

Adam Oates

NOT.
loving.
FUNNY.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Ah, the Reverse Robocop

Somehow, some way, that needs to be either a band name or a sex position.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

drat dude they definitely should throw the peepee slap at him that's p egregious.

Also no GDT but i'd like to point out lol Adam McQuaid scored on the habs

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Now watch Sweeny trade pasta for him :suicide:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Hey cool Tuukka shut out the habs therrien for God-coach for life :toot:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Martytoof posted:

So am I still not allowed to complain about my lovely do-nothing team because we're first in the division?

I'm just checking because every time I do someone tells me otherwise.

No, Don't

Stop.

:v:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Just watched the full dtmts highlights (my feed was INSANELY choppy so I effectively missed a ton) and man oh man pastas setup for that inevitable 4th goal was, as the kids say: "sick as gently caress."

Chara's moves for the second goal wasn't half bad and McQuaids was a poor, poor man's Burnziesquian goal.

:golfclap:'s all around.

ed: too many essseses'ss's'ses's

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 14, 2017

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Euw.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Ok, Jack Edwards is no longer a complete twunt.

I kept trying to tell all y'all he's actually pretty funny and will talk poo poo about the B's when they're bad but you wouldn't listen (but yeah he's a total homer and that's also part of his charm) :v:

Also :lol::lol::lol: Montreal finally went and did it.

They did the thing.

If not for B's tossing Claude, dollars to crepes Therien would still be employed right now.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Personally I would have gone with Therrien My Wayward Son for the thread title.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

grack posted:

No, the centres wanted to line up offset. They both put their sticks on the ice signalling that they were ready but Vermette pulled back for some reason. The linesman will generally not drop the puck in that situation but it's not a rule.

Was there any lead up / a bunch of false starts before this finally happened? I mean, good god drat that is dumb as hell. That's one of the stupider things I've seen in hockey in recent'ish memory.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Bruins are now 4-0 in the Brucie Puck era :wtf: I mean I'll take it but :wtf::golfclap: and they ended it on what's pretty much become Marchand's breakaway/shootout bread & butter at this point.

In other news: :stare:gaaaaaaaaaaawdaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Tim Peel is a terrible hill to die on, mr. ref apologist. :v:

(And his lovely linesman)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Another bruins goal nuked by the offside coaches challenge and it was a dude's 1st goal of career at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Oh cool I'm looking forward to getting the mumps when I go up to watch the Bruins @ Nucks game next week :toot:

• Locked thread