Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

Mind_Taker posted:

It's gonna be Blackhawks vs. Penguins because evil always triumphs.

My favorite bit from yesterday's game was Pierre's pre-game interview with Carter where he said something like, "a lot of people are talking about this (Caps vs. Kings) as a likely Stanley Cup matchup."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
The one thing I'm latching on to to keep the hope alive is that I don't recall them keeping opponents from scoring so well last year. Seems like we've have a pretty ridiculous number of 4-0, 5-1, kind of games.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

Ginette Reno posted:

I think so too. The Pens are still very good this year and could take them down but the Pens don't have the same level of defensive excellence this year and HBK hasn't been the same. Without those two things going for them the Pens won't get too far in the playoffs unless Sid/Geno pop off.

The Pens will probably still be the toughest matchup for them. If I'm Washington I want that matchup though. Sooner or later they have to vanquish their demons.

Let's vanquish them next year after skipping the Penguins this year and winning a cup.

• Locked thread