Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Hakstol looks like if you gave Hugh Grant a build your own Mike Babcock set and cheap tools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

In "About goddamn time" news,

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/830463734455873536

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Not very good is better than bad. Claim him, Jimmy.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

ahahaha apparently Geoff Molson personally asked Jeremy Jacobs if he could approach Claude and Sweeney/Neely weren't involved in allowing negotiations at all

Wise.

Hey Buffalo, if we fire Ruff, hire him, and we'll give Disco Dan a shot. Thanks.

Edit: We can sing this again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzbl9Af_acA

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Carolina moves to Quebec (KARMANOS :argh: ), Peters goes to Dallas, Therrien coaches Quebec.

Buffalo fires Bylsma, re-hires Ruff. Bylsma goes to the Isles.

a man can dream

a man can dream

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

grack posted:

Uh, so is Dallas going to make a move or...?

We're on year four of this question, so I'd say, odds are slim!

Seriously, Tim Thomas was four years ago and they haven't had above a .300 win percentage from any "#2" goaltender since

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Dallas has won a single game in February. If you need an overpriced center or Patrick Eaves please holla, especially those with excess netminding.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Starsfan posted:

The scary thing is that there are legitimately good players leaving the roster in the summer.. Eaves, Sharp, Oduya, Hemsky whoever Vegas picks (probably Roussel or Johns if Nill is dumb enough)... all could potentially be gone

The bad players are all staying for sure except for loving Korpikoski - who I'm sure Nill will re-sign when the Stars strike out in free agency and trades.

And there's no answers on the horizon in free agency or the prospect system.

Colorado pretty much can't be "catched" for the last place right now, but next year I wonder if there will be any clubs worse than the Stars. It's shaping up to be an ever worse season.

I bet it's Johns which will suck because yeah, we're either leveraging the future for players that can put up minutes or we try to develop and win in the NHL with a new coach again, and that's false started how many times?

Two minute eating defensemen are needed before this ship gets back off the ground and I hope "DEVELOP DEVELOP DEVELOP" loving ends before Benn and Seguin wreck the cap by themselves. But I can't honestly say that's not where I see 17-18 ending up.

I for one blame Haula

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Noted shithead/hothead Antoine Roussel properly celebrates his first career hatty

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/833155298605031424

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

After the first third period comeback of the year, the Stars salute Dave Strader calling a game for the first time this season, while recieving cancer treatment.

He was great. gently caress cancer.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/833160030346153984

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I've been looking for 20 minutes for the Bruce Boudreau "gently caress loving gently caress gently caress" sauce mouth comic, can one of you hook me up?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Bellemare and Roussel single-handedly routed Russia at Worlds, didn't they? gently caress, we'll take him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

xzzy posted:

A name like that basically guarantees you can schlep him to Montreal as a trade sweetener someday.

He's Francois, not Quebecois.

• Locked thread