Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

xzzy posted:

Yes it's Gretzky's fault he wasn't born 20 years later, what a dickhead. We should take away all his records for picking on the poor quality NHL players of the 80's and 90's.

I think we can admit that Gretzky's numbers are era inflated while still acknowledging that he was a beast. If he started playing in 1996 he wouldn't end his career with 2800+ points, but he'd probably have at least like 2300 which would still end up being 500+ more than any player who didn't play for 25 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

He had nothing to do with their ascent and he was proven to be useless the second they instituted a salary cap

Fire Ken Holland and then Fire Ken Holland Into The Sun

The real reason the red wings won 4 cups were two all-time great coaches, a phenomenal euro scout, and the bottomless pizza wealth of a dude who just died, seemingly to follow the future of this team into the depths of hell

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Phil Kessel sucks he only has 8 hits

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

iospace posted:

Phil Kessel is from Wisconsin and therefore awesome :colbert:

I'm sure I'd be in awe watching him eat cheese

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ken Holland's professional hockey career lasted 4 games, 3 of which were with The Detroit Red Wings Professional Hockey Club Of The National Hockey League

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Technetium posted:

Roman Polak is in contention to be the worst NHL defender still playing.

The current Leafs leadership if it acts the way it has the past year is in serious trouble of sabotaging any Leafs Cup bid over the next few years. The reliance on scrubs like Matt Martin/Ben Smith/Frederik Gauthier/Matt Hunwick/Roman Polak over proven better alternatives this year is scary.

man it must really suck to have a bunch of good young dynamic players i can't begin to imagine your plight condolences

sorry about your one bad defenseman, is he also getting over 4 million for the next 5 years or

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Schlesische posted:

Flipside: They're fans of a team that has been garbage for the overwhelming majority of the last 50 years, not just 25 of them. A team that has had no hope for over a decade until this season, and what hope they do have comes with major strings attached.

This is "Oh I'm sorry you have a poo poo coach, why don't you cry into your 'Atlantic Division Leaders' T-Shirt" all over again. Just because your team is doing well, or has the potential for a bright future doesn't mean you should blatantly ignore the glaring problems with your team.

I think in pretty sure paragraph A almost immediately nullifies paragraph B. "Enjoy the ride" seems to be dangerously close to turning pretty quickly into "how can we a win a cup with Matt Martin :qq:"

Maybe Ben Smith plays because this team actually isn't All That Good Yet and all of the best players are under 21, so they're just filling in the gaps with whatever bullshit is lying around because this season effectively doesn't really matter yet even though they have a shot at the playoffs? Do you mean to tell me that it only took 5 months for "I'm just happy that we've got a glimmer of hope" to turn into "gotta dig my shrunken heads from the closet and start dancing around the fire to exorcise the '67 demons"

A Red Wings team with Chris Chelios, Brett Lebda, Andreas Lilja, Darren McCarty, and Dallas Drake getting regular minutes managed to win a Presidents Trophy and a Stanley Cup before Ken Holland steered this bitch into the iceberg and Nearer My God to Thee started blaring so it's really not impossible to become a champion with a great coach, a senile egomaniac in the front office, and a few lovely players on the roster. Why don't we worry about that when we get there, eh?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's hard to be excited about this knowing that Ken could've gotten at least the same return, if not more, for Pulkkinen

However

MORE MORE SELL MORE

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Iodised QQ posted:

Bailey: 60 gp 12 goals 31 assists 43 points
Kyle Okposo: 59 gp 18 goals 21 assists 39 points

Josh Bailey blows and that makes this exceptionally hilarious

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/goonfilm/status/835311083023925248

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Holy poo poo Ken please trade Riley Sheahan for actual tangible assets

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Athanasiou probably maxes out as a 3rd liner 35-45 point player who looks good in small sample size so you can totally have him for a good return before Holland signs him to a 5 year 20 million extension tia

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/835993158974582784

"Brandon Day, a freshman defenseman for Erie Community College, was arrested and charged with assault last night after he stormed out of the penalty box to tackle a referee, leading officials to call off the rest of the NCJAA title game."

but did the ref hit a stanchion

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If Hanzal gets that kind of return, Ken needs to trade Vanek immediately

But he won't because he is bad

Fire Holland

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Brian Lashoff 2.0

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/836248388345675776

fire holland

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RC Cola posted:

When the Hawks and Pens play for the Stanley Cup finals how mad is SAS?

i'm already dead inside i can't feel

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I think I figured it out. They picked up Smith to guarantee that they won't be good enough to climb into the 3rd seed in the division.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

what is the sin bin guy doing tweeting about the rangers though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

No because I didn't kill myself