Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Suspicious posted:

Mike "can't teach an offensively stacked Pittsburgh team to score on the PP" Yeo

afaik he was handling the Blues PP this year? They're actually kind of decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I know it was one game and that game was against the Leafs, but the Blues looked night and day different. Defensemen were holding the blueline and activating in the offensive zone, there was not a ton of dump-and-chasing, and the team seemed to be pushing the play rather than taking it slow. This was especially noticeable when they had the lead; no sitting back and making the safe play to allow the Leafs constantly attack. I'm not saying this is all on Yeo or that it will continue, but it was a breath of fresh air. If they play like this against the Pens, I will be excited about the Blues again.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Are we gonna see an increase in scoring with the new equipment rules coming in to play today or have enough goalies been wearing them already that it won' be different?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Robby Fabbri out for the season with a torn ACL so the Blues are now in the lottery

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I'm sure Vegas is jumping at the chance to take Jay Beagle.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It would be nice if Kenny Agostino turned into a good 3rd line winger who can snipe some goals now and then.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It seems like the Flyers have a similar problem as the Cardinals: Good GM but a dumbass coach who works to undermine the GM?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

After being remarkably healthy all year but playing like poo poo under Hitch, the Blues have now lost Fabbri for the year and, I assume, lost Stastny for a while. Why couldn't this have happened when they were dog poo poo?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Does Franzen count for Detroit? Is he even expected to play again?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It's pretty hilarious how different the Blues look running Mike Yeo's systems than Hitchcock's.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

lol did it really take a French-Canadian coach being available for them to fire Therrien?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think the only way to actually get a suspension you deserve is to attack a ref. Good job Antoine.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

How many extra draft picks is Vegas going to accrue from teams bribing them to take cap hits (please take Lehtera or Bouwmeester off the Blues' hands)?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Doug Armstrong is going to finger his rear end in a top hat right up until the trade deadline and not trade Shatty. The Blues will then lose in the 1st round.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Blues extended Patrik Berglund for 5 years

https://twitter.com/jprutherford/status/835188015962206208

Probably less money than he would've made on the open market

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Blues prospect Vince Dunn wasn't happy about getting hit up high and then one punched an Iowa Wild (?) goon in the hallway

https://twitter.com/Chicago_Wolves/status/835717541490089988

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

I have no idea other than he went to Ohio State and maybe they're thinking some kind of Gagner-esque miracle happens.

They immediately sent him to Cleveland, so I dunno. I would imagine he's a contingency in the event they can't get another center before the deadline or something. There's really no good reason other than "let's pray"

Sam Gagner was a 1st round pick and had previous success with scoring in the NHL.

• Locked thread