Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They've done one of these in Vegas my dude

Consistency is important though, that's a pretty big swing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dallas is a guy with a big beard in a fez.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

I mean, they don't even play on the same line

They're long tails.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If Matthews wasn't a lazy pig face he'd have more than a +3 I bet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

John Tavares actually isn't elite though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Who are the three teams to win coming off the bye and who did they beat? It was mentioned the other night during the Nashville game those teams are 3-10-1 coming off the break so far.

e- I guess it's 3-12-4 and 0-8-3 in February.

Boston 2-1 in OT against San Jose. So that's 1 in February.

Those games were the same night I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pateryn plays defense so I'm with his wife on this one.

There's no way he's worse than at least 3 guys on that roster.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hifi posted:

is that tweet a reply? it just seems like she got pissed at fans knocking his effort and that site tried to connect as many of the dots as possible

It looks like she saw it because of the hashtag and responded.

The complaint post has a later timestamp.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus very little in this universe is more consistent than not suspending Malkin.

Speed of light, gravitational constant, Desmond from Lost, and Malkin getting away with stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What, do you think they go to the press with this stuff themselves?

Reporters stick a microphone in their face and say "How do you feel about no discipline for Malkin?"

The guy's not going to say "Buff got away with one too".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What the hell is fenwick save percentage?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every current Red Wings player in Detroit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually teams with good coaches, like the undefeated Bruce Cassidy, don't need to hire new coaches.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Antoine Vermette did nothing wrong.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If I had a gun with unlimited bullets and I was locked in a room with all of man and nature's evils, I would shoot all refs forever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Go on, I want to hear more about why someone's actions in relation to a sport deserve physical violence

Because a person can just build a magic infinite bullet gun and invite all of evil to a room. How would you even contact all those people? Most of them existed before e-mail. And like they'd all show up? Hitler's got poo poo to do I'm sure.

This situation is obviously setup by an all powerful God, making me his earthly agent.

So I'm not going to stand for your blasphemy. You disgust me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It sounds more like Jack Capuano kept them in competition?

If he was truly bad they couldn't get into the picture at all, like Colorado or Detroit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sounds like the Metro actually kind of sucks then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The review doesn't even have someone else making it. It's the game refs who make the decision. Toronto doesn't have input.

Only on a ref initiated or automatic review (the kind we had before coach's challenge) is it Toronto making the decision.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Can't lose possession if you don't have possession" Roll Safe meme, but it's changed to a white guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Metro is the easy division.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mike Babcock is of the opinion "gently caress his health we need points".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Let me start this off by saying I don't think this will happen, even though I very much hope.

So, let's say the Habs continue losing.

How many losses in a row do you think it would take for them to fire Julien? Does he make it through the season regardless even if they lose the next 20?

What if they lose 5, win 1, and repeat that pattern for just 4 more wins on the season? Do they keep him?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feA64wXhbjo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AAB posted:

wonder what the picks are

7th to Tampa, 5th back to LA, and a conditional to Tampa.

Unless that conditional is at least a 2nd, fire Steve Yzerman.

Probably fire him anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Bishop's contract expires after this year, there are a lot of goalies that can be had right now, and Tampa aint making the playoffs and LA is probably using this is a low risk backup just in case they actually make the playoffs. Probably something really obvious Im missing too.

Budaj's is up too and the prospect is trash.

A 7th is bad, sending a 5th back is hilarious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kalenn Istarion posted:

It would be better for the game of this kind of poo poo review was just removed. What's the point of the guys on the ice if everything they do is subject to challenge?

Go gently caress yourself. There's a big loving difference between a player who chooses to engage in a contact sport and a referee who gets loving attacked.

Even with players the honess is now on the player initiating the check to not contact the head.

That was a loving assault.

Good loving riddance. I hope he never plays hockey again.

Okay really what the hell is wrong with you?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah man I grabbed him. Actual flesh, not a muppet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No that would be a bad option.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ElwoodCuse posted:

Didn't the mumps thing last time even get guys who got the vaccine?

MMR is about 80% effective for mumps with one dose, and about 90% with two. It's more effective with the other two diseases.

Canada and the US only changed over to 2 doses between like 89-91 so anyone born before that likely only ever got one. Mumps immunity also wears off over time. So even those who got 2 were 90% immune 20+ years ago and it's been wearing down the whole time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

The luckiest team is whoever is fourth in the metro. You get the Atlantic in the first two rounds and then whoever comes out of Metro will likely be beat to poo poo by then.

It will be Columbus and they will be swept by Ottawa.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tuukka Rask has never lost to Arizona/Phoenix in North America.

He's 8-1. The 1 was in Prague.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whatever happens to Miller Shane Doan is still in Arizona, so they're both punished for their part.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How many losses do you have in Prague?

Probably not too many.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The principal point of contact in the NHL is allowed to be the head under various circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DOOMocrat posted:

He's Francois, not Quebecois.

Claude Julien's from Ontario.

• Locked thread