Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
You can't take screeshots on this mothershitting android phone. it makes me so mad that i want to spell it as "anroid."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

agreed

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

android: its a little load of linux in your pants

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

works fine for me op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
agreed op and the users are knuckle dragging troglodytes

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

android. 8 years and we still haven't figured out how to move things around the screen without a ton of stuttering.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

project butter? yeah, but in the marlon brando sense.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a topic so non-controversial that this forum basically stopped talking about it when the old android thread got closed

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Lol and Anroid phones are for virgins too. Check it out --> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/11/iphone-users-have-more-se_n_678291.html

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

akadajet posted:

android. 8 years and we still haven't figured out how to move things around the screen without a ton of stuttering.

tbf android was created to be a competitor with blackberry and all the phones were supposed to have keyboards

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
you don't need 'to be fair'. nobody gives a poo poo about the extenuating circumstances that lead to the compromised design of android, nor does that excuse the fact that it's been almost a decade and it's still garbage. hth.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
android has achieved its purpose, which is to knock Microsoft out of the mobile os market and put google ads in everything they can. there is no value to google in making it better.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
If you have a shiny new phone with Ice Cream Sandwich or above, screenshots are built right into your phone! Just press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time, hold them for a second, and your phone will take a screenshot. It'll show up in your Gallery app for you to share with whomever you wish!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

Ice Cream Sandwich
thank you

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
blandroid

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

If you have a shiny new phone with Ice Cream Sandwich or above, screenshots are built right into your phone! Just press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time, hold them for a second, and your phone will take a screenshot. It'll show up in your Gallery app for you to share with whomever you wish!

I'm going to enjoy my ice cream sandwich with MIPS!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

qirex posted:

a topic so non-controversial that this forum basically stopped talking about it when the old android thread got closed

really makes you think 🤔

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

qirex posted:

it's in the google thread now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gas and ban the op

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

does this also change your volume level or is it made by someone sensible

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Boiled Water posted:

does this also change your volume level or is it made by someone sensible

it depends

if its a normal person they turn the volume all the way down and nothing happens

if its someone who has a vague idea what theyre doing youll get a screenshot with the volume slider obscuring the screen

if its a nerd youll get a screenshot

btw if you have google on tap enabled you can also longpress the home button and theres an option for a screenshot right there but literally no one knows this

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the android operating system is a piece of poo poo!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hm the op's take appears to be...

SURPRISINGLY DOPE

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

gas and ban the op

this post is really ambiguous 🤔

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

:popeye:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it's 2017 and android still doesn't have a way to backup and restore a phone.

LastInLine posted:

Well the phone will redownload all your apps on setup. You can then restore Nova from a backup which can be made from within the app. SMS transferred on my Pixel but that might be Pixel-specific. I'd make a backup using SMS Backup & Restore. Note that the last time I used that app, it wasn't owned by Carbonite, it may be poo poo now, I don't know.

Apps backing up their settings should use Google's backup solution but not many do. As such, complex ones generally have a backup function within them so I'm sorry but you'll have to go through them to see which ones do. Lastly Helium can be fickle but it will work on those games without Play Games backup (or anything else, though almost everything I needed it for were games).

Sorry, that's the best you can do.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

hang on i'll just back up my texts through this app who super promises not to read them

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

lol if u demand backups

lol if u don't see every android as a disposable $600

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
hi, I'm traveling and my phone got stolen

ios: buys new phone, chooses to restore from last night's automatic backup at setup. phone is identical to the stolen one.

android: buys new phone, starts over.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

hi, I'm traveling and my phone got stolen

ios: buys new phone, chooses to restore from last night's automatic backup at setup. phone is identical to the stolen one.

android: buys new phone, starts over.

don't forget posting a message on facebook letting everyone know your phone was stolen and youll only be contactable by "inboxing" you until you can get a new phone

and everyone please send your phone numbers thanks!!!!!!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it still amazes me that samsung (only android that matters) turns off google contact syncing.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

is this a real thing? someone out there thought it was a good idea to have the power button take screenshots?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

is this a real thing? someone out there thought it was a good idea to have the power button take screenshots?

realtalk it works fine on ios

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

recently found out that some, but not all Samsung Galaxy® S4 devices are blacklisted from hardware acceleration support in WebViews. there are quite a few variants of the Samsung Galaxy® S4

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Endless Mike posted:

it still amazes me that samsung (only android that matters) turns off google contact syncing.

lol android doesn't matter at all

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Donald Trump uses Android.

Nuff said

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

You Am I posted:

Donald Trump uses Android.

Nuff said

proving that it's a phone for the infantile

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

proving that it's a phone for the infantile

non technical women, children, and presidents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

as a 'roid haver ive never seen this