Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cat Face Joe posted:

as a 'roid haver ive never seen this

i'd prefer a hemorrhoid to an android too, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

carry on then posted:

i'd prefer a hemorrhoid to an android too, op

:thejoke:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

THC posted:

recently found out that some, but not all Samsung Galaxy® S4 devices are blacklisted from hardware acceleration support in WebViews. there are quite a few variants of the Samsung Galaxy® S4

anroid

pram
Jun 10, 2001

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

it's 2017 and android still doesn't have a way to backup and restore a phone.

only if you view androids across vendors as the same phone as nearly every oem supports moving from one of their older phones to one of their newer ones (except motorola which that person has)

i think the only one that even attempts to make it work from any phone (ios included) is the pixel. i wouldnt be surprised if the motorola that user has actaully does bring almost everything over as moto uses the stock google tools mostly but i didnt want to tell them it would and then it not work

really in short it all just works unless the oem went out of their way to break it like samsung and lg do

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:laffo:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

fuckin drat it looks like one of those deep sea diving watches

pram
Jun 10, 2001

anroiud

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

pram posted:

fuckin drat it looks like one of those deep sea diving watches

lmao you can get full on dive computers that are thinner than that piece of poo poo

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol drat. that moto 360 is already twice as thick as it would need to be for comfort

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:stare:

whatever7 posted:

My rotation of daily drivers

All of them are activated on freedompop's freemium plan, link to the same google voice account. Each phone gets 1-1.3GB of free data per month. That last me for about 5-7 days. 3 phone should be enough for the whole month but I throw in a cheap ZTE just in case. The tiny Samsung Rush is activated on Ting's 100m voice only plan since Ting is giving out free $35 credit to ring+ users. I added it because I was worry I couldn't receive call on Freedompop's VOIP signal. So far I have found I have no problem receiving calls on FP, the voice quality is not bad either. I *think* FP fall back on regular CDMA signal when data connection is bad I am not sure. Nobody uses voice in 2017 anyway.

The only other annoyance is If I call back from a FP phone, I can't not make it route through the Google voice dialer and display my GV number. The work around is go to voice.google.com on your brower and make call that way, google will call you first and then patch the call to the caller. Add the browser address shortcut on desktop and it works fine.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

what the gently caress

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i think he is showing how he gets free phone service. this is better than paying $30 for the t-mo nerd plan because

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

can i call you back in 10 minutes? i'm about to run out of airtime on this phone and i have to turn on the backup

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"it's annoying to do something that takes 2 seconds ugh"

Incessant Excess posted:

Is it possible to have one phone automatically tether to another when it's close enough? I'm using a smartphone mount in my car but it's annoying to always have to take my phone out of my pocket and put it in the mount when I get in my car. I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a second phone, always keep that in the car mount and have it tether to my main phone automatically when I get in my car, so that it would have a data connection for spotify streaming.

Is what I'm thinking about easily feasible or should I just suck it up and keep using one phone for this?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

what is wrong with people

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

duTrieux. posted:

they make entirely too much money for no appreciable effort and therefore look to solve their problems with money rather than with effort

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

i think hes secret plan it to build a nexus 7 into his dash or something

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

to the credit of dyp, they all pretty much called him an idiot and that he'd end up with a smashed car window if he did this.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

to the credit of dyp, they all pretty much called him an idiot and that he'd end up with a smashed car window if he did this.

not even a stolen phone. just a smashed window and an open note app on the phone reading "what the hell is wrong with you"

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

duTrieux. posted:

americans decided they'd rather buy 4 cell phones than admit maybe we don't need a 40 hour work week

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I want things to just work

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

BONGHITZ posted:

I want things to just work

TRUMP!

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

BONGHITZ

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
I'm really struggling to promote my Pixel to a domain controller. It's rooted and running Windows Server 2016. I'd appreciate help if anyone can?? 🆒👍

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"i'm a child who can't not look at a shiny thing for 8 hours"

Pruney posted:

One of the main reasons I would want it rooted is that I can't touch my phone while in work as I got a slapped wrist a while back but if I could remote onto it, that would save me the trouble.

Can I remote onto the phone without rooting?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Surprisingly Dope posted:

You can't take screeshots on this mothershitting android phone. it makes me so mad that i want to spell it as "anroid."

You are unbelievably stupid. Learn to use the technology you have instead of blaming it for your complete lack of aptitude for anything technological and by extension being an independent human being in the year 2017. I'm not defending Android, but go back to your assisted living facility and stop loving posting inane garbage.

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard
But her emails muh headphone jack tho!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Stymie posted:

solve their problems with money rather than with effort

which part is the problem here

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blowfish posted:

which part is the problem here

your general lack of understanding

but to elaborate, the issue in question could be solved with trivial effort but they decide to spend money instead because they are overcompensated as a computer toucher

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm touching android phones today and holy poo poo these are garbage

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nerdrock posted:

after a few days with the Zenwatch 3, and being very unimpressed with it software-wise, I've decided to throw the one custom rom on there that XDA has, since the latest rumor leaks are that we shouldn't expect AW2.0 until "early 2nd quarter". Well : so far the watch is much smoother. before, it was janky as hell.. super choppy, and a lot of delays when doing simple things. After getting said rom installed, it now performs much better... about as good as my urbane. I was truly spoiled by how silky smooth the otherwise terrible LG Style was.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

which is better silk or butter

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

power botton posted:

which is better silk or butter

text me and we'll find out

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm touching android phones today and holy poo poo these are garbage

oh yeah you'd think they would have gotten better over time but they didn't

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

My Linux Rig posted:

oh yeah you'd think they would have gotten better over time but they didn't

it's good enough for what it was designed to do, which is to make it impossible for anyone else to make money selling mobile operating systems. why would they make it any better?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the latest samsung ones are actually not as irredeemably awful as their predecessors, lol. too bad about that whole battery explosion thing

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no they suck and the os is bad!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe