Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

BONGHITZ posted:

no they suck and the os is bad!!!!!

samsung has ostensibly the ugliest phone os and this is in a world where ios 10 exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Radio Paranoia posted:

samsung has ostensibly the ugliest phone os and this is in a world where ios 10 exists

you might think so but no even with an off brand comic sans as a system font and every other thing samsung chose there are worse out there. lg copies samsung and it turns out copies of copies are even worse

what i find unbelievable is that samsung themselves believes it looks good. like obv. its common knowledge they copied apples iconography and since that worked theyve tried to stick to the same look because why gently caress up a good thing but no one there could seriously think theyre doing a good job right? its all just an emperors new clothes scenario where no one wants to tell the family oligarch that his taste is trash right?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i can tell this guy is always on the offense

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

LastInLine posted:

you might think so but no even with an off brand comic sans as a system font and every other thing samsung chose there are worse out there. lg copies samsung and it turns out copies of copies are even worse

what i find unbelievable is that samsung themselves believes it looks good. like obv. its common knowledge they copied apples iconography and since that worked theyve tried to stick to the same look because why gently caress up a good thing but no one there could seriously think theyre doing a good job right? its all just an emperors new clothes scenario where no one wants to tell the family oligarch that his taste is trash right?

okay, fair enough, i haven't ever looked at an lg or huawei in the wild long enough to judge its interface. sony makes the nicest androids

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

THC posted:

the latest samsung ones are actually not as irredeemably awful as their predecessors, lol. too bad about that whole battery explosion thing

OK they improved a little but they're still pretty bad

I mean a battery explosions as a feature is pretty rad I must admit

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the best thing a samsung android ever did for anyone was violently explode in a fiery conflagration

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

LastInLine posted:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

LastInLine posted:

at least the newer ones (s6 and up) don't have the eye-searing Windows XP Bliss wallpaper that was default on the S4

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
I have an iPhone 7 plus and it sucks and I kind of hate it and wish I got a Pixel XL.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Classical Muzak posted:

I have an iPhone 7 plus and it sucks and I kind of hate it and wish I got a Pixel XL.

get an iphone se instead of phablets

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Classical Muzak posted:

Incorrect and wrong

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Classical Muzak posted:

*posts that video where the dude opens his new Pixel phone and it's broken out of the box*

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

gumdrop dudes are the best emoji but the current forward facing ones are def. worse than the older ones

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

redneck batman hollering for his wife to bring him a beer

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
So android 7.1.1 doesn't work on dual stack IPv6/IPv4 networks and only gets an IPv6 address. meaning that only half the internet works.

The official work around is to turn off IPv6 for the entire network.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

mishaq posted:

get an iphone se instead of phablets

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Punkbob posted:

So android 7.1.1 doesn't work on dual stack IPv6/IPv4 networks and only gets an IPv6 address. meaning that only half the internet works.

mishaq posted:

get an iphone se instead

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
my android doesn't use the second sd card i put there so it slowly craps up the integrated 8gb, and the 32 one i added sits unused on the side.

nice

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah you bought a bad phone duh

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Punkbob posted:

That doesn't sound right. P sure my anroid device wasn't having this issue

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

my android doesn't use the second sd card i put there so it slowly craps up the integrated 8gb, and the 32 one i added sits unused on the side.

nice

Android : bad at magic

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oh no, not the SD card!!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Millstone posted:

Android : bad at magic

i thought it was supposed to merge both storages into one virtual drive but I guess not. almost no apps have an option for preferred storage, this is pretty poo poo.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

i thought it was supposed to merge both storages into one virtual drive but I guess not. almost no apps have an option for preferred storage, this is pretty poo poo.

You gotta add the SD PV to the correct volume group and then extend the LV (use the -r flag unless you want to mess with file system flag afterwards)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

well yeah sd cards are only for the dumbest of the dumb they arent there to work correctly theyre used to identify people too stupid to understand this

looks like its working as intended tbh

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Nards Pan posted:

You gotta add the SD PV to the correct volume group and then extend the LV (use the -r flag unless you want to mess with file system flag afterwards)

linux on a handheld device

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LastInLine posted:

well yeah sd cards are only for the dumbest of the dumb they arent there to work correctly theyre used to identify people too stupid to understand this

looks like its working as intended tbh

fix my phone thx

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

fix my phone thx

throw it in the trash and youre done problem solved

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

je suis le 4.53 Go de stockage interne

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

The Nards Pan posted:

exhibit 1: phone janitoring

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

The Management posted:

exhibit 1: phone janitoring

Uhh, I was just loving around. Does android really support logical volumes like that?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Nards Pan posted:

Uhh, I was just loving around. Does android really support logical volumes like that?

it's Linux so yes

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol they still do this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ThermoPhysical posted:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/03/15/google-sending-android-7-0-ota-update-nexus-6-phones-running-7-1-1/

Apparently, Google is pushing the 7.0 OTA to Nexus 6s running 7.1.1. At first it started just with T-Mobile customers but moved to Fi as well. This is causing the whole to just absolutely poo poo not only the bed but the floor and probably the carpet too. The only fix is seems to be a reinstall of 7.1.1 and wiping of personal data in the process.

Android Police has decided that using Lineage OS is better than the default Android on the 6 at this point thanks to problems like 7.0 taking forever to get to the 6, when it DID hit it broke the speakerphone, and the March update to 7.1.1 broke Android Pay and breaks SafetyNet (Google re-released the March security OTA and disabled SafetyNet just so Android Pay would work).

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

what a pos os

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

what a pos os