Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
actually, bernie would have gassed the thread too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

consumed by normies posted:

thats the dumbest thing about the liberal tears thread posters, theyre terrified of the rest of this subforum because they think were a bunch of hillarymen when those types have been relegated to shamful exile in d&d or, in fallen hamprince's case, a desperate need for more shame
No one thought cspam was hillarymen, that would imply that they didn't follow their leader into the forests of upstate new york

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

actually, bernie would have gassed the thread too

Idk, he seems to be the only leftist in DC who isn't tilting at every windmill, real or imagined

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
#NotMyBernie

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

thats the dumbest thing about the liberal tears thread posters, theyre terrified of the rest of this subforum because they think were a bunch of hillarymen when those types have been relegated to shamful exile in d&d or, in fallen hamprince's case, a desperate need for more shame

The Trump thread is just as groupthinky and occasionally as hysterical as anything in the D&D U.S. politics thread. It's not that the rest of CSPAM is full of hillarymen, it's that there was nowhere else to mock antifa & similar without being buried under a hundred variations on "bash the someone I disagree with Republican Fash!!"

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the trump thread moves so fast that it's basically impossible to enforce group think lol

like have you even read it

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

rudatron posted:

the trump thread moves so fast that it's basically impossible to enforce group think lol

I read it, it's a garbage echo chamber that feeds off its own hysteria.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

CBT Time posted:

don't sign ur posts

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
It doesn't need to be enforced. Whenever I go in there, it's just a bunch of people who agree with each other and/or fretting over the same thing, and then Baloogan ranting in a corner.

Echochamber's a better word for it, yeah.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
we need to invent newer and newer threads, with worse and worse posters, until finally someone wants to emptyquote me unironically

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

mormonpartyboat posted:

we need to invent newer and newer threads, with worse and worse posters, until finally someone wants to emptyquote me unironically

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ill bve honored if Baloogan post in this thread tbh.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Karl Barks posted:

don't sign ur posts

Wtf, this insult doesn't even work with my post.
-own hysteria

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

CBT Time posted:

Needs more posts about the world ending and killing yourself

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

the trump tutelage posted:

It doesn't need to be enforced. Whenever I go in there, it's just a bunch of people who agree with each other and/or fretting over the same thing, and then Baloogan ranting in a corner.

how can a thread be an echochamber when each page is only there for like a minute

there's no time to echo

you make a post, maybe one of two people post back at you, boom, a new trump tweet drops, and everyone is on that instead

its like yelling into the void, try it some time

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

but what if they're mean to them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

yeah nobody gives a poo poo about how you think your echo chamber is good but this other echo chamber over here is bad. the trump thread is looks like 99% jokes but to me but maybe you dont feel included and thats why you're upset? idk, the only people who get regularly laughed out of the trump thread are like the saurus and boosted

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
funny how it turns out that every time i see someone complaining about groupthink and echo chambers, its an extremely bad and no-good poster

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Al! posted:

yeah nobody gives a poo poo about how you think your echo chamber is good but this other echo chamber over here is bad. the trump thread is looks like 99% jokes but to me but maybe you dont feel included and thats why you're upset? idk, the only people who get regularly laughed out of the trump thread are like the saurus and boosted

I don't think Trump Thread is bad, it's p. good, especially after 10:00PM.

It's just a little monotonous. And fast, like rudatron said.

IDK OK

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Trump thread is just as groupthinky and occasionally as hysterical as anything in the D&D U.S. politics thread. It's not that the rest of CSPAM is full of hillarymen, it's that there was nowhere else to mock antifa & similar without being buried under a hundred variations on "bash the someone I disagree with Republican Fash!!"

Yep, exactly. Former gassed thread poster here, trying to manage how scared I am in the rest of C-SPAM.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
shut the gently caress up, more people crying please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-sX5JLwidE

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

jimmy making fun of liberals crying about the muslim ban but not being outraged when we're literally bombing them and in some cases causing the refugee crisis in the first place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEAilxj80UY

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
i dont even really disagree with milo's assessment but lmao at anyone who thinks he isnt looking at this as another boost to his wallet

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

comedyblissoption posted:

jimmy making fun of liberals crying about the muslim ban but not being outraged when we're literally bombing them and in some cases causing the refugee crisis in the first place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEAilxj80UY

Jimmy Dore is the only thing keeping me sane post 11/8

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/827175592743284736
:ironicat:

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again

Love that tearful libs have adopted the bunker redneck strategy of calling stuff that doesnt fit your narrative a false flag

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thats one possibility. Still, George Takei is a loving moron.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the trump thread makes me feel too powerless to do anything
never thought i'd say this but i miss the George Takei that was the human embodiment of multiple forwarded emails of a stupid joke

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

lol god drat that picture

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I miss penis grabber Takei

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Like most people Takei lost his mind after Nov 8th

https://twitter.com/neontaster/status/801497868519538696

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

rudatron posted:

how can a thread be an echochamber when each page is only there for like a minute

there's no time to echo

you make a post, maybe one of two people post back at you, boom, a new trump tweet drops, and everyone is on that instead

its like yelling into the void, try it some time

maybe not echochamber

what about the steady humming of an engine running at a fixed frequency.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ill bve honored if Baloogan post in this thread tbh.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

rudatron posted:

I just literally had someone say not to respond to me because I'm a D&D troll (lol I rarely even post there), there's serious groupthink going on. Most of the noise in that thread is the same group of 12 people or so talking to each other.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

oh god, don't put this here
I get enough of this man's face at work and I'm currently trying to keep lunch down while hungover

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

call to action posted:

I just literally had someone say not to respond to me because I'm a D&D troll (lol I rarely even post there), there's serious groupthink going on. Most of the noise in that thread is the same group of 12 people or so talking to each other.

im a d&d troll

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

one just reared its head in the Chapo thread of all places :stonk:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
everybody posting in dnd is a troll, one way or another

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

im a d&d troll

but you're funny though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

but you're funny though

i do declare, mr graham