Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Man, a victory twenty years ago and now the woman is one of the wealthiest people in media. They've lost the culture war because there isn't any major company that is going to cater specifically to white evangelical tastes anymore. Demographics just don't make that profitable for global companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Man, a victory twenty years ago and now the woman is one of the wealthiest people in media. They've lost the culture war because there isn't any major company that is going to cater specifically to white evangelical tastes anymore. Demographics just don't make that profitable for global companies.

And hell, I'm glad of it. Hopefully media companies don't cater too much to the new evangelicals either.

Nice.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kraps posted:

this is actual bullshit because what they're doing is giving legitimacy to spencers fuckedness, "pats = Whites" was literally started by him and of course internet nazis wont shut up about it now because a) the pats won and b) idpol are exactly playing into his baby soft nazi hands.
brady, belichick, and kraft are all self-proclaimed "good friends" of trump and presumably all voted for him, the majority of their offense (including their pass-catchers) are white, and you have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot than to see a white pats fan wear the jersey of a black player that plays for them. also, Boston fans have a storied history of racism

richard spencer may have started the "pats are the white race" thing, and equating them with white supremacy is dumb as hell, but this didn't start out of nothing

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I'm very glad this has happened.

As much as I find some of the patronizing to customers by some of these companies kinda eye rolling (The Audi Commercial for example. Well meaning, but yeah they don't actually practice what they preach), I'd MUCH rather have it be that we're in this era in which ellen and her network had to deal with that horseshit.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

evangelicals are the christian version of salafists and there is no room for them in a leftist movement

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 08:06 on Feb 6, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

evangelicals are the christian version of salafists and there is no room for them in a leftist movement

If they'd ditch their anti-LGBT stance and return to their attitudes about abortion pre-1970? Maybe.

But that's going to take a generation or two to kinda fix.

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 08:51 on Feb 6, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

If they'd ditch their anti-LGBT stance and return to their attitudes about abortion pre-1970? Maybe.

But that's going to take a generation or two to kinda fix.

this and there was some hope for this happening before trump. the younger evangelicals were becoming more liberal(gays don't matter/dont let the earth get hosed to death because god told us to steward of the earth) but now that's probably put off enough generation or 2.

brady, belichick, and kraft are all self-proclaimed "good friends" of trump and presumably all voted for him, the majority of their offense (including their pass-catchers) are white, and you have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot than to see a white pats fan wear the jersey of a black player that plays for them. also, Boston fans have a storied history of racism

richard spencer may have started the "pats are the white race" thing, and equating them with white supremacy is dumb as hell, but this didn't start out of nothing

this.

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm very glad this has happened.

As much as I find some of the patronizing to customers by some of these companies kinda eye rolling (The Audi Commercial for example. Well meaning, but yeah they don't actually practice what they preach), I'd MUCH rather have it be that we're in this era in which ellen and her network had to deal with that horseshit.

this. i am genuinely glad companies are at least on the surface socially liberal (even if its just for money).

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Woke Friedrich Wertham sounds dope

Seduction of the Innocent Unless They're White

yeah pretty much. I am always kinda saddened when lefties and even liberals give wankers like this credit or side with them because "well the are lefties". no they are the loving wannabe puritan culture warriors who would gut anything you liked if they had the chance. tell em to gently caress the hell off.

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Puppy_Episode

They've won a few battles, but have lost the war over all.

Like years later BILL O'REILLY told them to "gently caress off" when they pulled this poo poo on Ellen being a spokesperson for JC Penney..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C-2LJD4ZUY

oh yeah, they got blown out. i do honestly think they might try to resurface again deeper into trumps term(if he doesnt gently caress everything to death) because i am sure bannon and pence would throw them a bone. honestly i am sorta waiting for the next school shooting to see what trump blames because i doubt its going to be easy access to guns and mental health.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/280812064539283457

oh. maybe fullmac and friends will love him then.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
this

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

their big issue in that era was segregation and how to defend it. they will always have a terrible hill to die on

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
If you love Snape after the end you are as terrible as he is. The only reason he became a double agent is because he was sad that his cult leader killed the woman he became an incel for.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Spinning Robo posted:

So you may be sitting around thinking "man, I'm sure glad the patriots won"

but did you know by thinking those words you are ACTUALLY A NAZI!?

https://twitter.com/SikhProf/status/828449922584285187

https://twitter.com/TheSafestSpace/status/828453160855412740

no
the success of my party is
but no, continue citing mindless entertainment as the arbiter of all your woes
makes life easier for us :smugwizard:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the good thing about this tweetstorm is that the RTs and favs show that no one cares about this guy's opinions. unfortunately, they care about this idiot's

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Ahh, American football. Toxicly manly, but also somehow necessitating the most expensive and comprehensive padding of any sport save maybe hockey, a sport played on slippery ice where it is expected people will have actual fistfights.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

the good thing about this tweetstorm is that the RTs and favs show that no one cares about this guy's opinions. unfortunately, they care about this idiot's

Once again, I gotta ask, why do people call out toxic masculinity and rape culture in football but not the Poor Little White Guy movie series?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Ye comes back home
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/828663943413391360

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

FisheyStix posted:

Ahh, American football. Toxicly manly, but also somehow necessitating the most expensive and comprehensive padding of any sport save maybe hockey, a sport played on slippery ice where it is expected people will have actual fistfights.

Everyone in football has concussions cause they're always running into each other. I'm from Buffalo(I.E. I have watched hockey), I know all about how rough hockey is, but consider that on the field every play with football is a bunch of dudes who's entire purpose, their whole deal, is so that they can run into each other.

There's a lot you can attack in football which is weird that anyone brings up rape culture. It's billionaires preying on the last vestiges of civic pride to get taxpayer funded investments. It's farm teams are unpaid students who spend their college careers engaging in a dangerous and incredibly time consuming sport that gets everyone money except them. The NFL keeps stripping fun little things out of the sport and maneuvering to make sure that only the rich and powerful can own teams rather than any sort of collective. The military pays the league to engage in hoo-rah isim, and every part of the sports experience is commodified and sold to advertisers.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Grondoth posted:

There's a lot you can attack in football which is weird that anyone brings up rape culture. It's billionaires preying on the last vestiges of civic pride to get taxpayer funded investments. It's farm teams are unpaid students who spend their college careers engaging in a dangerous and incredibly time consuming sport that gets everyone money except them. The NFL keeps stripping fun little things out of the sport and maneuvering to make sure that only the rich and powerful can own teams rather than any sort of collective. The military pays the league to engage in hoo-rah isim, and every part of the sports experience is commodified and sold to advertisers.

Hmm, sounds like a class-based attack, you racsexist.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

tfw ur manic episode ends

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Delicious https://twitter.com/DanAdamsShow/status/828701252443848704

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

this actually owns

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the belief among internet idiots that kanye west is some kind of social justice savior is the weirdest thing, based on nothing but "bush doesn't care about black people"

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

she could have at least baked it into some cookies first

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

the belief among internet idiots that kanye west is some kind of social justice savior is the weirdest thing, based on nothing but "bush doesn't care about black people"

i mean his first album was pretty political

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

actually like all of them are dunno what you're talking about

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Plutonis found some dope as gently caress poo poo and someone else saved it

Plutonis posted:

Gah. It was about Ministry's NWO heralding the pats comeback and that the march was rigged by the President.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

New England Patriots heralded the New World Order
This is the first thread I've ever created, so please have a little mercy on me! :)

Last night, I was watching Super Bowl LI like a good number of Americans and people globally were, and like a good American (lol) I was rooting for the Atlanta Falcons to win. A little bit into the Fourth Quarter of the game something surreal, almost fourth wall breaking, happened as I was watching.

The in-stadium loudspeakers started playing the main hook/riff to the Ministry song "N.W.O." and the timing in which it was played was incredibly unsettling.

What makes this unsettling? A variety of things:
The song is a direct criticism of Bush Senior's administration and the political, social, and economic climate of the United States in the early 1990's. It highlighted the path America was taking then with the issues of police brutality/racism and the L.A. riots, etc.
It played right before the game totally swung into the Patriots' favor. The Patriots went from 0.5% predicted odds of winning, to winning in overtime in a matter of about 40 minutes.
The relevant people involved in the New England Patriots' success are all public friends of Donald Trump. Robert Kraft (Owner), Bill Belichick (General Manager & Head Coach), and Tom Brady (Star Quarterback).
The song is extremely relevant to today's America too and the issues we are facing.You could say we may very well be on the cusp of a New World Order...
George Bush Senior and Barbara Bush made their first public appearance in some time to toss the coin to start Super Bowl LI.

Ministry - New World Order

"All the locals hide their tears of regret
Open fire 'cause I love you to death
Sky high, with a heartache of stone
You'll never see me 'cause I'm always alone

How to love without a trace of dissent
I'll buy the torture 'cause you pay for the rent
Tied high with a broken command
You're all alone to the promised land

I'm in love with this malicious intent
You've been taken but you don't know it yet
What you will know must never live to be found
'Cause it's the subject of the eyes of the clown"

Gaming side has a thread on the Switch being the switching point of the game, but I thought that this coincidence was far more ominous and worth discussing...

Go Steelers! haha

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Everyone in football has concussions cause they're always running into each other. I'm from Buffalo(I.E. I have watched hockey), I know all about how rough hockey is, but consider that on the field every play with football is a bunch of dudes who's entire purpose, their whole deal, is so that they can run into each other.

Those are some fair points, and while I mock football, some of the injuries those guys sustain are pretty hideous and debilitating. I played it when I was a kid, and of all the sports I tried, it seemed to me to be the least... Aggressive. I dunno. I was a linebacker so it wasn't like I had a million dudes trying to destroy me all the time. Wrestling was way worse, some guy broke my hand during a match.

There's plenty wrong with football, but if it's toxic masculinity and rape culture we're worried about promoting, I think we'd all be best not to ever go to another Hollywood production or watch mainstream television.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VneoEvAJX0g

Someone in the comments posted:

Who is disliking this?
:fsmug:

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Spaceburn

https://twitter.com/mrnickharvey/status/827661692649734147

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No, it's the one place that hasn't been ruined by capitalism.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

you know whats worse. the WOKES who poo poo on him will welcome him back with open arms and he will run as a dem and probably win the nomination because "running rich dumb rear end in a top hat worked for the right, so why not us and we need to be woke and kanye is our harry potter." and then it will be two pieces of utter human waste running for president.(well i mean clinton was too but she was better then trump) and then we are supper hosed.

FisheyStix posted:

There's plenty wrong with football, but if it's toxic masculinity and rape culture we're worried about promoting, I think we'd all be best not to ever go to another Hollywood production or watch mainstream television.

they don't already. they just watch or play weird indie poo poo made by their friends and maybe the occasional big movie. then again these clowns hated mad max fury road because it was sexist and violent. so gently caress em.

https://storify.com/ashleylynch/the-feminist-and-the-furiosa

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 22:32 on Feb 6, 2017

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!

super sweet best pal posted:

No, it's the one place that hasn't been ruined by capitalism.

Beautiful.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

the altright discovers microagressions https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/828729209426161665

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

the alt right has always been like that. they are just as whinny and uber sensitive as liberal/lefty WOKES/SJWs if not even more so. they also hhave much, much, much, much more lovely beliefs.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:16 on Feb 7, 2017

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/828770434539782145

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
The liberals—"Social Justice Warriors", also called the Lefties, known to the Chiss and Ferroans as the Far Outsiders, and sometimes incorrectly abbreviated to Woke (which implied that one was disowned by their family and their gods)—were a sentient species that nearly destroyed the New Republic, and were responsible for the deaths of nearly 365 trillion sentient beings during their invasion of the galaxy.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Will this guy ever understand that even the clinton campaign didn't like him

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Grondoth posted:

Will this guy ever understand that even the clinton campaign didn't like him

who is he and where did he come from anyway???? I assume hillary campaign advisors start as normal people and then are Dipped like super mutants, but they could also be grown as flash clones in tanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i wonder if he's just got like a folder of hillary pics to attach to tweets

• Locked thread