Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Lol Mayor Fatfuck already trying to cover rear end and blame the PD
https://twitter.com/JesseArreguin/status/827236352680824833
Probably because he realized that this was coming
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/827250267498246144
Because if this is true he's Federally hosed
https://twitter.com/JonCuttingMAGA/status/827254204775297027

If this thing stays viable for another couple of days we're probably going to see maybe the biggest wave of mass hypocrisy in the media in the history of the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

like, the aclu has defended the kkk in court before so i'm not sure what sort of epic owning you think your hypothetical was going to make. their job is to defend civil liberties, like free speech. but i don't think anybody's free speech was infringed by the university shutting down an event that was a security risk. good luck with those law cases, though!

What are you talking about free speech for? It's a civil rights case because the top city official gave an order to stop police action that would have protected people in immediate danger of physical assault. This is like when cops in the South let the mobs bash the Freedom Riders in the 60's. They're going to get sued and lose millions if someone can find a way to prove this.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honk honk football is bad because a social parasite is mad about big dudes.

Seeing this guy with less than 200 followers after 9 months on the account is a small glimmer of hope

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he is one of the most outspoken ones(there are more and worse) but he is easy to poo poo on. he lost most of his followers from either doom and e3 tirades or (and this is legit sad) saying clinton was poo poo because she didnt try to broaden the base for poor working class people and poor whites. so he is on the right track espcialy of late, but then he slips into the WOKE fredrich wertham sex negative puritan dickhead mode and loses it all. "culture critics" like him are poststructionlist WOKE parasites who feed on their betters.

I actually hope the wokes keep attacking football, sports and masculinity, it will help hasten the backlash. I think the smartest of them know better than that, so it's only creeping in from the fringes.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Ye comes back home
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/828663943413391360

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Spaceburn

https://twitter.com/mrnickharvey/status/827661692649734147

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Spinning Robo posted:

So i'm pretty uneducated on the subject so I will ask you, mock thread,

why do we care now about government donations leading to government jobs? is it just not something that came up much in the past, is it just that Betsy DeVos has been given a "real" job, or is it that it's another instance of "oh well NOW we care" like with the muslim ban and such?

It's the fact the job is too real to place the role this way. Donors are supposed to get fun ambassadorships not cabinet positions.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Gen Flynn in meltdown mode. Probably going to lose his job so:

https://twitter.com/GenMikeFlynn/status/830252689183248384
https://twitter.com/GenMikeFlynn/status/830288255488659457
https://twitter.com/GenMikeFlynn/status/830251784476073985

How crazy is it that in 2017 people defend themselves from accusations of highly illegal acts like breaking anti-espionage laws on Twitter? Social media was a mistake.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
I would actually pay a decent amount of money to know what Melania really thinks.

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/832420485874978816

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's just comes across as a bit of a "fad" to me.

It feels at times like people are also ditching a lot of values they currently had or are teaming up with they would otherwise find repulsive to get rid of Trump.

I don't consider the likes of Bill Kristol, Paul Krugman, Evan McMullin, and Glenn Beck to be "allies". They're not. Nothing about them changed after election day. They're still HORRIBLE people that have done/.said horrible things. Yet I see a lot of democrats cheerleading them and the millitary industrial complex re: "saving us from TRUMP".

Please don't misunderstand me on this btw. I think opposing Trump on the immigration ban and other things are noble causes. These SHOULD be done. But for these people it often doesn't come across as being concerned, but rather just being angry "because Trump" is a thing.

This is a good thing, this is not a bad thing. We need to remember that we can still be passionate opponents without being mortal enemies. If we've lost the ability of people with differing viewpoints to be able to come together for a common good, or in this case against a common threat, then we are already lost and truly nothing matters. We need the biggest and broadest anti-Trump coalition that we can build. What comes after Trump we can compete for, but for now, Trump absolutely has to go.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

ROFL Octopus posted:

This boiling down of people to their race first and foremost is honestly disgusting.

I mean not that this is anything new, and I can see it only getting worse in the coming years.

But see if you don't do that you are "erasing", "silencing" and "marginalizing" all of the non-straight white males in the entire world.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
It's unbelievable that the only people doing serious postmortems on Clinton's loss are liberal YouTubers, who are now just as anti-establishment as the Tea Party was in 2014.

What are the real Democrats with power saying? What is Shumer and Booker and Perez's answer on how to move forward? Are they really just going to keep up the "Trump BAD!" poo poo for the next 2 years? Are rank and file dems going to let them? WTF

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
The craziest thing is how these people just know that eventually everyone will come over to their side. It's "progress" so kicking and screaming or not, everyone will eventually "grow up" and accept this toxic masculinity nonsense as a truth and value to live by. The backlash is coming and it's going to be a huge loving mess when it does.

The information bubble is the real worst enemy of America in the 21st Century.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Are they talking about the specific Manga series or.....?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Woozy posted:

its actually not liberals, its the far left. if you've been an activist at any point in the past 3 years or really even since occupy its clear that a widescale rejection of the whole authoritarian/libertarian discourse is underway. there are interesting reasons for this, aside from just being correct theory--to the extent that any kind of incipient right-wing movement is really a symptom of liberalism in crisis, the rejection of liberalism is mirrored on the left by a rejection of anarchism and socdem poo poo (gee what a strange coincidence). theres not really any such thing as "authoritarianism", "totalitarianism", "statism", "collectivism", and everything else. these descriptions of the political "character" of various states is drawn entirely from liberal idealism, and in addition to just being wildly incoherent ("libertarian" America hosts more prisoners today than were ever sent to Soviet gulags), it has virtually zero compatibility with materialist philosophy.

liberals remain resolute in the notion that theres something called authoritarianism and they're opposed to it, but just as with fascism they're totally unable to find consistent descriptions of the authoritarian character that don't like wise apply to every liberal society you can think of. if you want to see the kind of deranged idealist horseshit that springs from the false dichotomy between authoritarianism and libertarianism, theres like 10,000 words on the subject from an insane person in D&D

They're rejecting it because they are becoming the authoritarians themseleves, know it, and as you said know this is something bad that they are supposed to be against. Not hard to see why it would be a lot easier going for them if no one brought up that troublesome (outdated, privileged, white\man-splainy) a-word anymore.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

HIJK posted:

Challenge the financial stranglehold vindictive callout culture and its cronies has on institutions and end the ideological purges with firm disciplinary action. Punch smug idiots in their wallets, not their faces. People in high places need to grow a pair and realize being called mean names on Twitter is not the end of the world. Stop rewarding internet bullies by firing the victim of the Two Minute Hate. Stop having a Two Minute Hate period.

In short convince people to start acting like adults again. But that's going to take more than op-eds.

It's going to take competition, and some of the things that need competing have near impossible barriers to entry. Non-SJW gaming sites and blogs or whatever are doable, but really coming out and competing heads up in spaces totally dominated by privileged woke culture? Who's going to put up the capital for that, and why would they think it would be a success?

I think the answer is in recruiting\encouraging\waking up the non-whites who hate PC and SJWism too but can't or won't admit it. I'm not talking about black conservatives like Herman Cain or Allen West, but younger, cooler, non-whites who will at least be neutral and non-politcal when it isn't called for. Maybe even poke a little fun at some of the more ridiculous woke moments as they pass through the news cycle. It will have to be companies and outlets that are racially diverse from the beginning, otherwise it will just get written off as "the new alt-right version of ____" and fail before it even gets off the ground.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

ugh its Troika posted:

I personally think big gaming websites are mostly obsolete. They are an outgrowth of 90s gaming mags, which were once important because the internet was still tiny and gay back then. Now? I can find out anything I want about a game by Googling a bit and checking out some YouTube videos. I don't need to engage with a community slowly filling with shrieking genderblobs who melt the gently caress down because some poo poo shows a tit, or has too many/too few black characters, or doesn't cater to some Tumblr idiot's pronoun thesaurus of the week.

Seems that way buy Polygon and The Verge still get 20 million uniques a month. That's a lot of money moving through. The publishers and big companies still rely on them pretty heavily as well.

Hodgepodge posted:

what we really need is some non-sjw gamer culture, a very lacking thing, also i don't know why non-white people wouldn't want to go to non-sjw sites

i'm impressed at your ability to post from within the depths of what appears to be a ketamine-level disassociative episode and look forward to laughing about this post with you when you return to the real world

Don't what this is supposed to mean. Before 2010 they were all non-sjw sites. Everyone got along well enough back then, but now I'm disassociative becuase I think we haven't yet gone to far to turn back?. And it's not just gaming and internet stuff. Sports, movie and tv critics, news, music. All of that used to be targeted towards everyone and weren't pushing any agenda other than maxing out profits. No reason it can't be that way again.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

I don't want to waddle into this argument but, I've heard that there were 150 white supremacist retards marching over the weekend. Is that a true number or was it more/less?

I haven't seen a number higher than 200. Seems like reports are trying to make it look bigger than it was, but that one pic of them on campus was all of them. There were probably more counter protesters there on the second day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Vice artcle is still up.

quote:

Demystifying the historical figures of the past, pulling them off the great mountain top back down to Earth where they shat, farted, spit, pissed, hosed, raped, murdered, died, and rotted seems like important business for this country. As long as we allow those men to be cults of personality who exist beyond reproach, we're never going to be able to see them for all of their good and all of their evil.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9kkkby/lets-get-rid-of-mount-rushmore

• Locked thread