Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i find it great that when discussing the NFL, an organization that tried to argue that having 300 pound linebackers slam into you doesnt give concussions, the first thing those dummies went for was idpol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/828770434539782145

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Angry Leftist movement already exists, it's just that's it's been only 3 weeks since trump took office so we're waiting for internal dnc electionsto see how big it'll be.

Itll probably be huge. anyone know how many reps the tea party terrify into refusing to hold town hall meetings within 3 weeks of Obama taking office?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

if only there was some movement with huge amounts of energy that was literally grass roots people throwing over a hundred million dollars into progressive causes that the democrats could have embraced

if they had a candidate I bet they would have won

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

They really never did. I think they kinda fizzled out by 2012 or so, but by then? They had gotten the house and senate to flip, so what else was needed? They did ultimately win, and Obama ultimately lost.

He got to be President but really was able to get next to nothing done for the last 4 years.

plus even if you don't primary people out you can put enough fear I to them that they'll actually do what you want em too.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Guy Who Has Covered PMCs and Dirty Wars: "I'm not gonna go on a show to talk with a gay brit who will do nothing but pretend he's a scandalous counter-culture agitator for saying transsexuals are ugly and we should kick out immigrants"

You, A Bold Poster: "WELL I GUESS I GOTTA WATCH IT"

milo's whole schtick is "im persecuted by the ~tolerant left~ so unless someone just clocks him right when he gets on stage the only result will be the alt-right and bill maher fans :smug:ing at eachother how owned the other group is

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BexGu posted:

Shouldn't a dude who's covered PMCs and Dirty Wars be able to out debate and not fall for the gotcha traps of a gay brit who will do nothing but pretend he's a scandalous counter-culture agitator?

Part of the reason Milo keeps getting attention is because he faces off against screechy loons that don't do their homework. I figure some one with Scahill background would be able to school Milo like Van Jones was able to in that Carl the Cuck Slayer video. Seem kind of like a whiny tap out.

your assuming milo argues in good faith

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BexGu posted:

Of course he doesn't! But doesn't mean his poo poo can't be knocked around. Check out how Van Jones handles a dude from Infowars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO-0i6jWe1U

Very true, plus another alt-righter showed up on the Joe rogan show and apparently had trouble keeping up with a drug-out meathead so I may be overestimating his ability to respond to being called out on being a poo poo head in a less crowded environment.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think the issue of african american, asian american, LGBT, etc not getting recognition at various awards shows is a valid criticism. There's more than likely a lot of minority performers that are very talented and don't get the recognition they deserve.

At the same time? The Grammy's themselves are trivial and dumb. Along with the Emmy's, Oscar's, etc. I'm trying not to sound like someone dropping a "hot take " here , but why does this bother people ? Beyonce has been universally praised by the media (mainstream, social) and any sort of criticism for her has been from the Tomi Lahren's of the world who people do not take seriously.

I think about the last time I saw a music critic rip her music was when Todd in the Shadows ripped apart "Single Ladies", Diva", and "Naughty Girl" back like 3-4 years ago. Since then it's been radio silent.

yeah lol at everyone mad at the grammies. surely beyonce, one of the biggest popstars in the world who sells out concerts whenever they are held, is torn up about not recieving an useless award that gets made fun of by other useless awards.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

i thought "punching down" was a mortal sin in internet comedy. practice what you preach, maya

steven miller is in the white house so now their fair game :getin:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the establishment liberals are all about letting the rich do as they please, their disdain of the working man is one aspect to The Fall of Hillary Clinton and why sanders is so popular.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lmao at people paying attention to the oscars

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

yeah it fuckin owns

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

call to action posted:

I'm guessing it's that the hijab is a symbol of oppression in many countries, where not wearing it can you have kidnapped or beaten. But really, who cares about the women being disappeared by morality police when we can virtue signal?

and in countries with islamophobia issues it's a very visable statement of identity, but who cares about women in those countries when you can virtue signal :rolleyes:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

im amazed at how consistently this thread manages to point to bad poo poo while having the person pointing be several degrees more mockable

such is the fate of all dedicated mock threads

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Guns own you dullards.

https://www.redneckrevolt.org/single-post/2017/03/28/PHOENIX-MAGA-MARCH-REPORTBACK

can confirm

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Archer666 posted:

Yeah? Protests with guns have this thinly veiled threat of violence in my eyes, no matter what that group represents. And thats what i think fascism represents. Using fear and (a show of) force to try to control people.

Then again I'm from the Netherlands where guns for civilians are illegal so my ideas about such things may be strange to Americans.

bad news dude, all peaceful protest caries the threat of potential violence. A million man march carries two messages, one of "This many people are willing to get out and support this visibly" and one of "What will these people do if the peaceful method doesn't work?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Tru but you can't write off the people stuck there and you really can't :qq: about what a conservative craphole it is while also encouraging anybody that could potentially help them to abandon the area.

there's also the fact that no state is inherently conservative. yeah the South definitely has some inertia working against it but if the dems hadn't neglected it for decades they'd at least be able to compete

• Locked thread