Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The_Franz posted:

Has Shia punched anyone else on camera yet, or has the novelty worn off already?

There are some folks having a pretty civil debate/ discussion right now. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

How easy is it to get the blue checkmark nowadays on Twitter?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

He was really good prior to the election. Hell I even liked Bee's take downs of Ted Cruz and the evangelical right.

But the primary and the election of Trump broke that entire genre really.

also, pro click. holy hell.

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/894626202761273349

Yeah, and Uncle Tom's Cabin used the n word! Who would publish this dreck?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The mocking is coming from inside the thread!!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

My favorite part about Vox sites are how literally each one of them have a Game of Thrones article every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Can we have a serious talk about AntiFA?

I realize I'm going to step on some toes but is their rate of success worth noting at this point? IIRC...Didn't the german chapter in the late 30's wound up losing to the nazi's or am I mistaken?

Is it fair to consider them anarcho communists and to be critical of that system as a belief?

I ask because it feels like a lot of people seem to blanket endorse them as a whole while not understanding who they actually are. It's also confusing to see people put a picture of people storming the beach at Normandy then go "here are anti-fascists" which...by definition doesn't seem like they would be.

I say this as a fan of the DSA, and someone who was supportive of their actions in Charlottesville.

This is unfair and almost entirely unrelated to whatever it is you posted, but phrases like "can we have a discussion about" and "we need to talk about" are the worst kind of dogwhistles for me.

• Locked thread