Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

the trump tutelage posted:

The Trump thread is just as groupthinky and occasionally as hysterical as anything in the D&D U.S. politics thread. It's not that the rest of CSPAM is full of hillarymen, it's that there was nowhere else to mock antifa & similar without being buried under a hundred variations on "bash the someone I disagree with Republican Fash!!"

Yep, exactly. Former gassed thread poster here, trying to manage how scared I am in the rest of C-SPAM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

comedyblissoption posted:

jimmy making fun of liberals crying about the muslim ban but not being outraged when we're literally bombing them and in some cases causing the refugee crisis in the first place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEAilxj80UY

Jimmy Dore is the only thing keeping me sane post 11/8

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

rudatron posted:

the trump thread moves so fast that it's basically impossible to enforce group think lol

like have you even read it

I just literally had someone say not to respond to me because I'm a D&D troll (lol I rarely even post there), there's serious groupthink going on. Most of the noise in that thread is the same group of 12 people or so talking to each other.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BexGu posted:

All news networks are rapidly becoming trash networks

https://twitter.com/BecketAdams/status/827231535115988992

Hahah that "my mom died" story was on the front page of the NYT for half a day

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Grondoth posted:

There's a lot you can attack in football which is weird that anyone brings up rape culture. It's billionaires preying on the last vestiges of civic pride to get taxpayer funded investments. It's farm teams are unpaid students who spend their college careers engaging in a dangerous and incredibly time consuming sport that gets everyone money except them. The NFL keeps stripping fun little things out of the sport and maneuvering to make sure that only the rich and powerful can own teams rather than any sort of collective. The military pays the league to engage in hoo-rah isim, and every part of the sports experience is commodified and sold to advertisers.

Hmm, sounds like a class-based attack, you racsexist.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hijabs perpetuate the patriarchy.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Only liberals would be scared of the Nation of Islam while simultaneously supporting Black Lives Matter

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So is the Beyonce thing any more complicated than "she didn't win, and that's inherently racist"

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I find it hilarious when people equate transgender struggle w/ black struggle especially considering the latter community's feelings towards the former

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

do you know anything about the black trans community and its role in the gay liberation movement as a whole?

I do know that black people are statistically less accepting of LGBT people and gay marriage, but yes I do know about the extremely important role they played

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ROFL Octopus posted:

This boiling down of people to their race first and foremost is honestly disgusting.

I mean not that this is anything new, and I can see it only getting worse in the coming years.

The second-to-last ("The Cultural Appropriators") episode of Chapo talks about this, basically woke liberals are coopting the same tactics that white racists used re: Elvis playing "black" music and ensuring there's no race mixing

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nah, it's good here thanks

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i loved that episode and it made me feel better because i always(believe it or not) felt weird openly making GBS threads on wokes because i thought it be like a weird gateway into slowly becoming some alt right chud. i am glad i am not alone on the left in thinking this poo poo is pretty hosed up when you actually look at it. I love chapo house and they keep me feeling sane. and the dude was right, its just inversed right wing Idpol. there newest one about the alt right was great too.

yeah it probaly will. trump and the right are gonna go further off the cliff dragging the country with it. the Wokes are still sorta in control of the DNC so have fun when they do jack poo poo to stop trump.

lol. but it won. a movie about a gay black dude who finds himself in meaningful "profound" way won.

And this white urbanite woman is going to tell you why it wounds black people everywhere.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The posters in here who consistently try and fail to get a reaction from people are so goddamned funny

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why would Obama even publicly come out in support of the TPP at all? Literally no one believes in the "rising tide lifts all boats" nonsense rhetoric that trade deals rely on.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

The less political Chelsea Clinton is, the better. imo

Putting spinach in your loving pancakes is probably a better cultural and political signifier than an NPR or NRA sticker.

Also, what ever happened to Frank Coniff on the JD show?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

I mean, the hijab is a historical form of dress that some women go to great peril to wear in America. Not sure what your issue here is.

I'm guessing it's that the hijab is a symbol of oppression in many countries, where not wearing it can you have kidnapped or beaten. But really, who cares about the women being disappeared by morality police when we can virtue signal?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Agean90 posted:

and in countries with islamophobia issues it's a very visable statement of identity, but who cares about women in those countries when you can virtue signal :rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess you can see it that way. It's difficult for me to see it as liberatory when it and similar clothing are used as leashes on women so often.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySkinner posted:

Having grown up within a region that has it's share of people that Amish, Mennonites and Mormons?

I view it in the same way. I don't believe it's wrong, I just don't consider it an act of "feminism" to wear such a thing.

Agreed. You should be able to wear whatever you want, but trying to make the hijab into a symbol of feminism is a loving stretch.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

Nah, the carpenter's union was narcing on undocumented people and are pretty reactionary. They're scum, even if the people they target due to racial animosity are being used to weaken their bargaining power.

So the people they were targeting due to racial animosity just happened to be only people that were, literally, taking their jobs?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

It was probably both.

Can I guess your opinion on restricting H-1Bs to high salary jobs?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's always funny to me when people find out how many laborers in Southern California are legal Latinos and that they don't, in fact, appreciate what they consider a bunch of bumpkins comin' on up and working for peanuts. Probably because they're smart enough to realize that some well-employed/student white person telling them they're a self-loathing racist for not giving up their jobs would never do the same.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

They're not rats for being in a union. They're rats because they relish getting people deported.

But the people whose livelihoods are being ruined by people who work for pennies on the dollar? I guess their meaningless families are just chaff in the wind, huh?

Are we seriously debating whether more workers drives down wages or not? And why is it always the laborers that need to bear the brunt of this, never the tut-tutting liberals hacking away at their keyboards while they're supposed to be tweeting dank memes?

Always question the motives of people whose ultimate goal is to ensure brown people are working in the fields or replacing roofs for a dollar a day. Notice how none of these neoliberal fucks, who LOVE hiring "help" at Home Depot and taking advantage of those sick low wages, ever advocates for closed borders and full amnesty - because that'd mean the Dickensian whelps they love throwing scraps to would have OSHA protection, labor law protection, etc.

call to action has issued a correction as of 18:31 on Mar 10, 2017

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
You'd kinda think justice for immigrants would involve raising their wages, but somehow it only ever involves ensuring they've got access to all the chattel slave-like day labor they can do. Hmmm....

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mgreen42 posted:

Why not? The primary -is- the only debate we have left now. Unless you'd like to face the reality that politically, and with regards to anyone remotely in power, it's Conservative VS Ultra-Conservative for the next eight years.

Congratulations, now you understand the rule!

mormonpartyboat posted:

i will never not laugh at someone just casually reading nazi anime twitter and discovering that Lena Dunham Is Bad And People Need To Know, and kramering into the thread so hard they spill their crunchwrap

"did u know she did this thing with her sister????" proudly posted like an idiot dog that wants to show off how they made poopy on the floor

Where does that leave you, in this analogy? Some person who stays at a place they don't like and watches dogs poo poo?

Like it was days ago that someone mentioned Lena Dunham and you sat in that house, stewing and fuming.

call to action has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Mar 13, 2017

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mormonpartyboat posted:

it doesnt because im just sitting here laughing?

while i fully believe you should find your own way, there might be better ways than making sure u take time out of your day to be mad at lena dunham's continued existence

lots of things in this world are bad, and you should find ways to laugh at them and find joy in the world instead of stewing in unoriginal repetition of the same few mean and petty jokes!!!!

Your fixation on Lena Dunham is kinda weird. Have I mentioned her once in this thread?

But since you asked, the problem with Lena Dunham is that she's rich as hell and represents everything that's wrong with Clintonite democrats. She also seems a bit attention starved, but otherwise nice.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why would this even make Trump mad, he's paying a higher tax rate than Romney paid, right? The tax returns are also twelve years old, and to top it off, show absolutely nothing interesting.

Every passing day I'm convinced that the boy-who-cried-wolf effect will bite Dems very hard in the near future. Nothingburger tax returns, Russia and piss accusations with zero evidence, it's going to be extremely easy for the average uninformed Joe to just say "Dems are just as obstructionist as Reps were" very soon.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wokeness is like a mutated cargo cult. Wokes looked to the sky to see white men owning everything, and decided that white maleness was what allowed them to fly.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
TJDS > TYT

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If it takes more than like 50 words to explain you will never, ever get a critical mass of people behind you

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's lovely for everyone all around. It's lovely for immigrants because they're getting exploited to being paid far less than they should be legally entitled too, and it's lovely for the American worker (of all sexes, races, etc) who is getting squeezed out of the work place as a result.

Mmmm, this is problematic. It's only woke to make sure immigrants can play the "other" while they work for low wages and stratospherically high precarity, not to ensure they can become citizens with a vote and legal rights.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What's the Putin -> Sanders link beyond Russia = Communist, and Bernie is a Communist

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Gayposters, is it at all offensive to have your sexual orientation compared to someone's vinyl kink?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Teen arrested in Israel for threats against U.S. Jewish community centers

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/03/23/israeli-american-teen-jewish-community-center-threats-arrest/99528560/

The "OMG TRUMP IS SPAWNING A WAVE OF ANTI-SEMITISM!!" narrative continues to crumble, just like the Russia narrative.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

shut up idiot

Does it bother you than an Israeli and a black guy are the only people that have been tied to these Jewish community center threats?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

it bothers me that you think the rise of anti-semitic neo-nazis emboldened by trump somehow isn't happening because some israeli teen decided that american jews don't hate arabs enough and decided to try to change that

It may be happening, just that the biggest example of this (threats against Jewish community centers) weren't perpetrated by white supremacists. I know it's a Clintonite's dream that all Trump voters are secretly Richard Spencer and that Jews will be bashed to further the narrative of Evil Rural Whites, but luckily that's showing itself not to be true.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mormonpartyboat posted:

extremely dumb idiot, corn kernels spraying all over the keyboard and monitor with every keyboard click and clack, lithium addled heart barely able to pump enough blood to the stubby fingers: "being an insanely lovely bigot and pushing those lovely ideas through your game prevents it from being good"

not so much a poster as a greek god in the shape of an enlightened mortal who read a dril tweet once, forced to put on sunglasses as the radiance of the retort takes shape: "my man, what about JEW KILLER 9000, my flash game that was removed from newgrounds"

Sir this is an Arby's

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I like how people would literally rather see Jews live under threat and fear than admit that maybe /pol/ doesn't have an anti Semitic mind control ray

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
These queers with their libertine ways poors with their deplorable ways deserve to die

Also I'm the good guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

most of the anti-semitism around today is generated by radical islam, which is both passively and actively endorsed by the left, especially in Europe

aaaand you're both wrong

• Locked thread