Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

got any sevens posted:

oh cool guess i can go into a theater and yell FIRE then??

sophemoronic appeal to authority, check.

go bash a cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Seems everything I don't like is Bad, and only (((Nazi's))) do it!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Cerebral Bore posted:

The impotent whining about political violence suddenly being bad from the MAGA brigade now they they're on the back foot is pretty hilarous, though.

who is on the back foot here? statues going away isn't going to make Trump not president. nor is it going to stop the police from killing people and being unaccountable. and more importantly it isn't going to anything about wealth inequality caused by a capitalist system.

it's a distraction, and the result is poor people killing each other. good job liberal, sating your blood lust has solved nothing.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the guys marching in cville weren't poor lmao

the revolution will not be means tested.

Scent of Worf posted:

this same type of lazy concern trolling was hurled at black lives matter, occupy, DAPL protesters, etc etc.

why do you love to lick the boots of our broken institutions so much?

I'd like to replace the boots of our broken institutions and fix them so they work, not participate in iconoclasty and assume things are going to get better.

also lol at comparing DAPL protests (which is still happening) to knocking over some statues.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Call me charlie voted for Trump because they were scared Hillary would start a war

So far he chose correctly.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

:golfclap:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
ethics in anything presented as journalism is actually extremely important. too bad if it's presented as a "thinkpiece" on any cultural niche, ethics are 100% unimportant.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I saw "Sarkeesian" and "Total Biscuit". then my eyes glazed over and I don't remember the last 15 minutes. one moment I was at my desk and now I'm taking a poo poo.

I evaluated it on it's merit's, compared and contrasted the rigor of the opposing points of view, then re-affirmed that centrists are scum.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Agag posted:

Just strike all military-age males based on metadata.

I just go punch everyone, that way I know I get all the Nazis!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Byolante posted:

So uh if you are all for workers protections and against right to work, why are you championing an employer firing people for privately held political views they don't express in the workplace. Obviously if they were overtly nazi in the workplace they would be fired for it already.

Most business owners sure as gently caress aren't trade unionists or swampies so making firing people forpolitical views they don't express in the workplace totes legal is one of the most obvious bad ideas I can think of.

White nationalists are not nice people and deserve mockery but you need to think about what the actual results of your latest great idea is before you go charging off to do it. Social media seems to have convinced a generation that your public and private lives are the same and you should be ruined forever if you make the slightest slip up (being a nazi isn't a slight slip up obviously).

Much like the issue with reform and turning the process from vengeance to reform, you should be taking the lesson of not all Nazis or white nationalists are irredeemable.

You would think that, but the people you are arguing with are fetishtizing violence against the ever expanding "other." They obviously aren't consistent in their beliefs and only talk about punching Nazi's because that is popular right now. I'm sure once the next Woke Woman movie comes out, they will get over it and not post about violence as often as a sociopath does.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Until they redeem themselves they deserve to be treated like poo poo, because they're poo poo. Namaste

I mean sure, Game of Thrones isn't that great, but I don't know why you'd constantly post about how poo poo those people are.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

ahahahah weasel words i havent heard that in a long time

I used it earlier today in my epic, one-of-a-kind take down of Neo-liberal tax policy.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tokamak posted:

I'm glad that you've found a safe space to jerk yourself off over feeling victimised by a creation of your mind, rather than anything being discussed in this thread.

I'm not victimized in anyway whatsoever, I'm just calling out people who wish they were so they could "bash the fash" and then everyone at the safe-space parade will start clapping.

It's a high school revenge fantasy and it's embarrassing to encourage.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

TTT checks the shadows in his parking garage for Antifa whenever he wears a polo

https://twitter.com/URageULose/status/900559775766896640

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

hmm wow i've reconsidered my entire "punch nazis" worldview because of this one misunderstanding that a "lib" unironically retweeted from Ant Man's timeline

The Arc of ~Progress~ is Long, but it bends towards Justice. I'm proud of you.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
How many of these "Nazis" currently exist in the United States?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

like wear a bandana my dood lol

But what happens with the Nazis start wearing bandana's :ohdear:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

So, I agree with this. There was a "March Against Israel"

What if I want to want to "march against Israel"? Am I a Nazi?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

No, but believe me, this particular "March Against Israel" in 2002 was a Nazi thing.

Yea I know. But I couldn't resist the example of action against israel = nazis.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

communally defensive violence like Antifa

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The leader of the antifa movement revealed?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

sword_man.gif posted:

the bottom line is the entire loving basis for their political violence normalization garbage (and political violence is already normalized, just not against them so i guess it didn't loving count until now) is a fantasy scenario where all of a sudden it's dangerous to walk down the street while being white because you'll get beaten up by vigilantes on a false charge of being a nazi, which is such a frankly ludicrous scenario it's not even worth entertaining.

Meanwhile the "threat" of the fourth reich is totally something to be concerned with.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Before you know it, we are going to be invading Canada!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Just because you have the legal right to say something doesn't mean you shouldn't run a quick "will this get me punched " check before you say it

You know the Labor and the Civil Rights movements got their members punched too.

makes u think.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Slamhound posted:

You do realize that is the current law, right? The police often fire wildly, injuring bystanders (sometimes lethally) and it's accepted.

I don't accept it at all, never have, never will.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

well poo poo i guess cops dont get away with murder then

Are you and your crew going to "bash" them?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

so cops dont literally get away with murder in this country?

They do, but they shouldn't.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

rudatron posted:

that's not true at all

something can also be important and problematic

No no no. It's Important to have a discussion about how %thing_you_like% is actually problematic.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I'm not sure how to react to this. It's extremely cringe-worthy, yet strangely self-aware. Something I though was impossible for democrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Byolante posted:

He sings 'you've lost that centrist feeling'. The only response possible is guillotine

Harsh but fair.

• Locked thread