Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

consumed by normies posted:

thats the dumbest thing about the liberal tears thread posters, theyre terrified of the rest of this subforum because they think were a bunch of hillarymen when those types have been relegated to shamful exile in d&d or, in fallen hamprince's case, a desperate need for more shame

one just reared its head in the Chapo thread of all places :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Plutonis found some dope as gently caress poo poo and someone else saved it

Plutonis posted:

Gah. It was about Ministry's NWO heralding the pats comeback and that the march was rigged by the President.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

New England Patriots heralded the New World Order
This is the first thread I've ever created, so please have a little mercy on me! :)

Last night, I was watching Super Bowl LI like a good number of Americans and people globally were, and like a good American (lol) I was rooting for the Atlanta Falcons to win. A little bit into the Fourth Quarter of the game something surreal, almost fourth wall breaking, happened as I was watching.

The in-stadium loudspeakers started playing the main hook/riff to the Ministry song "N.W.O." and the timing in which it was played was incredibly unsettling.

What makes this unsettling? A variety of things:
The song is a direct criticism of Bush Senior's administration and the political, social, and economic climate of the United States in the early 1990's. It highlighted the path America was taking then with the issues of police brutality/racism and the L.A. riots, etc.
It played right before the game totally swung into the Patriots' favor. The Patriots went from 0.5% predicted odds of winning, to winning in overtime in a matter of about 40 minutes.
The relevant people involved in the New England Patriots' success are all public friends of Donald Trump. Robert Kraft (Owner), Bill Belichick (General Manager & Head Coach), and Tom Brady (Star Quarterback).
The song is extremely relevant to today's America too and the issues we are facing.You could say we may very well be on the cusp of a New World Order...
George Bush Senior and Barbara Bush made their first public appearance in some time to toss the coin to start Super Bowl LI.

Ministry - New World Order

"All the locals hide their tears of regret
Open fire 'cause I love you to death
Sky high, with a heartache of stone
You'll never see me 'cause I'm always alone

How to love without a trace of dissent
I'll buy the torture 'cause you pay for the rent
Tied high with a broken command
You're all alone to the promised land

I'm in love with this malicious intent
You've been taken but you don't know it yet
What you will know must never live to be found
'Cause it's the subject of the eyes of the clown"

Gaming side has a thread on the Switch being the switching point of the game, but I thought that this coincidence was far more ominous and worth discussing...

Go Steelers! haha

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

maybe don't quote the entire thing before i fix it :(

the GBS man is right, but I'm going to need more push pins and red string to make this all connect

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty much. gamergate was the loving warning sign and the wokes hosed up in handling badly, if they had been smarter the poo poo would have died in its crib. but shitfucks like milo and cernovich and others saw there chance to get recruits and they got them. i doubt it would have stopped it but it may have delayed it a bit.

well, at least we threw it out of GBS when we had the chance :confuoot:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The alt right will probably fall on it's own, especially if trump keeps loving himself all the time. Angry lovely stuff like them can't keep stable forever and will turn on each other. THe wokes will eventually burn out, but probably not fast enough.

the wokes are smug enough to run on their own poo poo for a good long while, as do the alt-right. you can't really point out things like Cernovich living as a mooch or Bee pushing against integration because it's acceptable in their circles.

It has to be something from outside their spheres that more or less brings them down to... something else. Not crash and burn, but some other grody rear end mutation of whatever they are.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

I agree with the alt right though. I think what would have ultimately made milo's speech at berkley ultimately meaningless would have been to let him speak to little to no fanfare. Perhaps even hosting an alternative speaker across campus on a topic that responds to his discussion without acknowledging he even exists.

Same could be said about Spencer. Don't interview him. Don't give him articles. Don't do that poo poo. Ignore him.

it's almost as if reactionary behavior empowers reactionary politics :thunk:

I've honestly not really give more than a surface-level go at thinking about how the heck to use social media. Use it to propagate your planks and your beliefs rather than just pile on like kindling on a fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Baron Porkface posted:

Why is it that that antifascists never bring guns to their allegedly glorious battles?

pass

• Locked thread