Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

breaklaw posted:

It's going to take competition, and some of the things that need competing have near impossible barriers to entry. Non-SJW gaming sites and blogs or whatever are doable, but really coming out and competing heads up in spaces totally dominated by privileged woke culture? Who's going to put up the capital for that, and why would they think it would be a success?

I think the answer is in recruiting\encouraging\waking up the non-whites who hate PC and SJWism too but can't or won't admit it. I'm not talking about black conservatives like Herman Cain or Allen West, but younger, cooler, non-whites who will at least be neutral and non-politcal when it isn't called for. Maybe even poke a little fun at some of the more ridiculous woke moments as they pass through the news cycle. It will have to be companies and outlets that are racially diverse from the beginning, otherwise it will just get written off as "the new alt-right version of ____" and fail before it even gets off the ground.

what we really need is some non-sjw gamer culture, a very lacking thing, also i don't know why non-white people wouldn't want to go to non-sjw sites

i'm impressed at your ability to post from within the depths of what appears to be a ketamine-level disassociative episode and look forward to laughing about this post with you when you return to the real world

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 01:52 on Aug 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

breaklaw posted:

Seems that way buy Polygon and The Verge still get 20 million uniques a month. That's a lot of money moving through. The publishers and big companies still rely on them pretty heavily as well.

Don't what this is supposed to mean. Before 2010 they were all non-sjw sites. Everyone got along well enough back then, but now I'm disassociative becuase I think we haven't yet gone to far to turn back?. And it's not just gaming and internet stuff. Sports, movie and tv critics, news, music. All of that used to be targeted towards everyone and weren't pushing any agenda other than maxing out profits. No reason it can't be that way again.

this is only a justifiable perspective if you unironically think 'everyone' means 'straight white guys'

you can't challenge the wokes without understanding they've latched on to the issues they have because they are real issues with genuine moral weight. they do so entirely performatively in order to use them as leverage, but you need to realize that they do so because it allows them to align themselves with the actual concerns of many groups of real people. the crumbling of the superficial farce they have made of that does not make those issues and people go away. even the alt-right understands what you do not: that going back to 2010 would require violent use of state power to surpress everyone who isn't a straight white male

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 03:16 on Aug 13, 2017

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!
yeah, it is more clear every day which people actually understand and care about progressive issues and which are trying to use critical language to enact their own bigotry and protect their extensive privilege

like the woke brands thread is hilarious

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!
yeah, this was their line going into this on the people who actually stood up and did something:

https://twitter.com/katz_oversight/status/896553041826074624

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

HIJK posted:

You say stuff like """""eradicate""""" but you are not ready for what that means and you will not be prepared if the violent hardcore right decides they've had enough. Do not step over that line.

not confronting fascists and buying into their narrative about being too spoopy for us to handle is a great strategy

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!
remember that time when germans wouldn't even let hilter get a word in and then he got so mad he invaded poland???

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/896820888930332672

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

Tokamak posted:

Strange how goons aren't really ideologically pure at all.

i am ideologically pure.... pure ebil!!!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

i'm pretty sure every one of these fuckers imagines he'd be goebbels or goering tbh

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!
also if you value these people's freedom of speech so dearly you might try paying some attention to what they're saying, because if i were them i'd be insulted by the way you're pretending that they aren't saying quite clearly that they are nazis who want to kill jewish, gay, and black people

they're holding rallies to make this simple point clear, you aren't doing them a favor by pretending otherwise

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

the trump tutelage posted:

k it should be trivially easy then to find direct quotes from the aforementioned speakers please go on

if its a question of where you draw the line with regards to free speech then i'd agree it's with people who have actually done something like yell about a jewish conspiracy to destroy the white race, for example, but i'd hope the person who's face is being punched actually uttered that conspiracy and personally endorsed it, and weren't just some MAGA hat wearing chudd who's guilty by association.

people on this dead gay forum want all the legitimacy of punching nazis and white supremacists while simultaneously reserving the right to apply that label to anyone they (dis)like, whether its a conservative jew like Ben Shapiro, a microaggressing professor like Bret Weinstein, or an actual real life hatemonger like David Duke. if that level of intellectual laziness and opportunism doesn't scare you when it's paired with calls for vigilantism and violence against those so-labelled, then it should.

well, take 'based stickman' who got the name for being photographed attacking people while marching as a fascist. he calls for all muslim immigration to america to end on the basis that muslims are "filfth" on twitter, and also lists 'march of the titans:a history of the white race' as his favorite book on facebook and likes openly neo-nazi groups.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!
now let's look at augustus invictus, who biolante defends as 'not a nazi'

well to start, he's a holocaust denier

quote:

“Do I believe that 6 million Jews were killed by evil Hitler? Is that what you’re asking me?” he said. “Okay, then I am still waiting to see those facts.”

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/08/15/holocaust-denier-augustus-invictus-announces-another-campaign-us-senate

Richard Spencer also credits him with the first draft of the 'Charlottesville Statement.'

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article167083427.html

i dunno about his draft, but here's the first bit of what the final version of that document has to say

quote:

1. Race

Race is real. Race matters. Race is the foundation of identity.

“White” is shorthand for a worldwide constellation of peoples, each of which is derived from the Indo-European race, often called Aryan. “European” refers to a core stock—Celtic, Germanic, Hellenic, Latin, Nordic, and Slavic—from which related cultures and a shared civilization sprang.
2. Jews

Jews are an ethno-religious people distinct from Europeans. At various times, they have existed within European societies, without being of them. The preservation of their identity as Jews was and is contingent on resistance to assimilation, sometimes expressed as hostility towards their hosts. “Judeo-Christian values” might be a quaint political slogan, but it is a distortion of the historical and metaphysical reality of both Jews and Europeans.
3. The Ethno-State

Nations must secure their existence and uniqueness and promote their own development and flourishing. The state is an existential entity, and, at its best, a physical manifestation of a people’s being, order, and will to survive. Racially or ethnically defined states are legitimate and necessary.

i don't want to quote a neo-nazi manifesto in full but you can read the rest here: https://altright.com/2017/08/11/what-it-means-to-be-alt-right/

but hey, why not just check out the dude's website, where he calls out the hard-right for not being hardcore enough and calls for violent uprising:

quote:

Myriad indeed are the conservative networks. Legion in number, too, are the more hardcore right-wing publications. But none says what needs to be said.

None dares to say that the preservation of our way of life requires an insurrection of national scale. This is akin to a doctor refusing to tell his patient that the cancer must be cut out. “It would be better to talk it to death,” says this doctor. “Yes, the limb is rotting off, but perhaps with enough determination we can cause a standstill and come to terms with the fact that half your leg is lost.”

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/08/15/holocaust-denier-augustus-invictus-announces-another-campaign-us-senate

this is the poo poo you are defending

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!
looking into it a bit more, of the remaining names on the poster there are some ho-hum conservatives and one guy (Navom) who agreed to attend before Charlottesville and ended up joining the counter-protest instead

and one black hearted villian

while gavin mcinnes has flirted with being a nazi, his true crime is laid bare by his wikipedia page:

quote:

McInnes has been called "the Godfather of the Hipster movement"[4] and "one of hipsterdom's primary architects".[5]

i mean he's probably a not really a nazi but are we really going to be that sad if he gets punched?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

Al! posted:

its so fuckin easy not to be a nazi. its like one of the top 5 easiest things to do

like mitt romney and ted cruz managed to do it. gently caress, they did it better than many democrats.

i feel like i'm not asking much when i say people should rise to the level of ted 'slime man' cruz

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

Do you honestly believe that only a reactionary might be concerned about 'punch a """nazi"""' rhetoric or is this one of those "you're coterminous with my ideology or you're against us" kinda things?

i think that if you look at the current situation and that is the worry you come away with, it says a hell of a lot about you; none of it good

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Beware that, when fighting free speech, you yourself do not become a speech.

and when you stare into the constitution, the constitution stares back into you

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

OWLS! posted:

If you identify as a lefty, please post your salary so I can mock you.

lol 'salary'

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

OWLS! posted:

Antifa types I know fall into two categories.

1. Too poor to afford 10bux to post on a dead gay comedy forum.
2. Make six figgies and pay 2k for a lovely apartment in (The Bay Area/Boston/NYC).

You can afford 10bux to post on a dead gay comedy forum, guess which category you're in.

believe it or not some broke people have had :10bux: to spend at some point in the last fifteen or so years

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

Guys everyone knows who we're talking about when we talk about punching Nazis *sucker punches a woman wearing a parody MAGA hat*

why are you so invested in making the idea of 'punching nazis' into an imaginary liscence for violence based on specious reasoning? you're concern trolling against the idea of punching nazis, relentlessly.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!
sam harris was andrew sullivan's go-to atheist for 'interesting debates'

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!

rudatron posted:

that's not true at all

something can also be important and problematic

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

No no no. It's Important to have a discussion about how %thing_you_like% is actually problematic.

buzzfeed writers can smell these topics like those special pigs smell truffles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!
i didn't contract life-threatening colon-bursting diarrhea in a foreign country so i could come home and see torrents of poo poo spewed all over my countrymen

but well, here we are, awash in the biblical deluge of feces :shrug:

• Locked thread