Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
poo poo racing because of the cars and NASCAR flipping the bird to its core demographics are why NASCAR lost its appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Well already they removed the pretense of "debris" cautions

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
tweet that to nihilist arby's

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Bulldoze all 1.5m triovals that aren't Charlotte and return Atlanta to its true glory

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Aside from attending races at Texas and Vegas killing Wheldon I can't tell you a single interesting thing that occurred any of them

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Old Atlanta was amazing to watch but everything is poo poo with these cars.

The other downside is that occasionally a team will 'get' the setup and suddenly you have drivers like Bobby Labonte and later Jimmie Johnson turning every 1.5m track into a curbstomping.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Oh yeah don't get me wrong I see nothing wrong with a guy putting most of a field a lap down before halfway. My interest in NASCAR rapidly dropped once they started dropping debris cautions when it seemed like someone might stink up the show.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
NASCAR itself poached a shitload

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
when i get mad I throw things across the room like a toddler because thats totally okay when youre 2 WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Debris cautions bad, not at all artificial segments good. :downs:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Imagine an Indy race that never ends because everyone from race control to the flagman fell into a coma and doesn't wave the checkered

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

Indy was really the only race where tire problems were widespread.

All the other tire shenanigans were limited to certain teams, which leaves open the possibility that aggressive setups might have been the culprit.

Pretty certain most tire failures among front runners are from them blatantly ignoring tire pressure guidelines and then screeching about how poo poo the tires are

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
i dont think its exactly controversial to say people whove been good at running stock cars on ovals all their life are going to be better than dudes whove never run stock cars on ovals

ultimately the fact is there probably isnt ten loving drivers in the world that could go rather seemlessly between different styles and be out of the box competitive. thats why generational talents like Tony Stewart were fun to watch.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Robby Gordon just wasn't meant for asphalt and the results showed

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
remember when you didnt need manuals to describe how scoring systems and race formats worked

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
#alternativefacts

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Merge all the threads into one please

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

wicka posted:

"And that's how SA finally died."

Insha'Alonso

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
All Hail Jimmiebot

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Lol they passed that crossroads years ago

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Brian France still thinks he's one gimmick away from dethroning the NFL

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
it takes great advantage of Goodyear's two rubber compounds, "hard as a rock" and "POINT TOWARDS ENEMY"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Less power
Bigger aero
More digger
More Waltrips

Make NASCAR great again

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Bulldoze Atlanta. Rebuild old Atlanta. Have finale there.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
NASCAR has a marketing problem in addition to having a racing problem. The fix to both involves terminating the France bloodline

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
they want 4337 cars crossing the finish line simultaneously which means an aero package of all the downforce in the world so no one can actually get away but this also means you cant pass in turns

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
do teams still run chassisn multiple races or even years like they did back in the day

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Cygni posted:

they do, but at least back a few years ago, they were building like 5 of a type of car (say, shorttrack), shake all 5 on the 4 post, then junk or sell 3 of em. repeat that multiple times for each type of car.

nature finds a way!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I'm not sure if you're aware but people are broke and no new sane person is going to watch this poo poo on TV and say, "Hey, lets go spend a fortune to watch this terrible racing live!"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Unless she enjoys mid pack at best she should never get into another race car since her days of getting a top tier ride are over.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Long term driver development isn't cheap and sponsors want results now. Oh yeah, you let Cup drivers devour your development series.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hey stages are dumb

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

wicka posted:

Yes, exactly. Fox's marketing of the sport is unbelievably bad.

My nightmare is everything in life is produced and announced by Fox and Joe Buck. Everything.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

L_Harrison posted:

Now we have sponsored restart zones and sponsored last laps. I'm honestly surprised the stages aren't individually sponsored yet.

If Brian France reads this thread, you're welcome.

Spoilers and splitters so big they become prime sponsor real estate.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
even watching yall argue with wicka is better than watching a single lap of NASCAR

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22YMcXTeeQk

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

gret posted:

I'm going to need some Goody's Headache Powder after reading the last few pages of this thread.

There's a better way to make it stop.

This post brought to you by the National Rifle Association.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Jimmie is the champion everyone deserves

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
ol Sr had one win and one death in the 500. makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The best Pepsi 400 I ever attended was the 1998 one because gently caress July in Florida for all its worth.

• Locked thread