Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
There was already a good title from the previous threat:

NASCAR 2017: Turning Left is Alt-Right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Elitist Bitch posted:

It'll all be ruined by Vegas of course but oh well.

You're much too optimistic. It'll be ruined with DW says his first Boogity.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Won't this just make more problems? Instead of going behind the wall, teams will try and fix a totaled car on pit road and send it back out after five minutes. I mean, lol. What are they even doing?

Also, is there anything about pits being closed when the segments are finishing? At longer tracks, people are just gonna pit on the last lap (Glen, Sonoma, Dega, Pocono, Daytona, Indy) to get track position.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I've had an idea where the "teams" and "drivers" are two separate entities, and by some process the drivers rotate to a new team every week, and there is a team champion and a driver champion. It'd be loving fascinating to see who could adapt the best to shittier cars and equipment.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
^ The ARCA race and Clash are definitely on Saturday.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So who's NASCAR going to fix to win the pole?

My bet's on any of these:
Dale Jr (back after time off from concussion)
Michael Waltrip (last race. lol okay maybe not)
Daniel Suarez (first Cup start + Hispanic driver, double good)
Erik Jones (fresh young talent, first season, and a new team)

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Conspiracy denied by a oval office hair.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
just lol that Jolo's tire failure caused Kyle to lose the race.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

shyduck posted:

The closing laps of the 2005 Coke 600 literally made me a fan of NASCAR.

Bobby Labonte choked almost as hard as the Falcons in this year's Super Bowl.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Holy gently caress Larson's stats this year: finished 2nd or better in every race, except for Daytona (he was leading with 1 to go).

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It's on the right track; a more suitable activity for the demographic would be girls in bikinis fighting in mud.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I hope this is a sign of the race to come.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Well, the upside is that retiring is something he can say he did that his father didn't.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Jr mysteriously accumulates enough playoff points to make the final four.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Don't forget the ARCA hilarity on today at 6pm est.

edit: nevermind, ARCA postponed until tomorrow.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 5, 2017

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

dentist toy box posted:

Also I think the drivers have finally figured out they can't go "WELL GEE WHIZ I GOTTA WAIT TILL THE LAST LAP TO TRY ANYTHING" in this package.
You clearly don't remember Daytona, where people were riding the top and doing nothing until cars started running out of fuel.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The conservative wheat belt hell-hole hates Colorado for legalizing marijuana. Cursed be the soul who tarnishes the innocent, pure minds of a Kansas auto racing audience.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Phew, we almost had someone who wasn't Kyle Busch win a truck race. Thank God that didn't happen.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It was the same way in video games (might still be, haven't played any new Nascar title).

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
If it's going to be a Ford team, I could see it being Bubba Wallace or Ryan Reed.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Maybe instead of adding option tires they should fix the poo poo aero.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
lol holy poo poo the Charlotte roval. That track's not made for full-body cars, so it's gonna be hilarious or terrible or both.

edit: also, the start/finish line is in the braking zone to turn 1, which will cause insanity for qualifying and last lap stuff.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 24, 2017

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Just the fact that NASCAR is going to race on a roval is loving hilarious and I can't wait for whatever clusterfuck happens.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Are Troops keep meters out of America.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Calling for the death of a racecar driver is pretty normal for American culture.

*jimmiejohnsonshouldbeshot.wmv*

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
All these changes are signs of stability.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Now we have sponsored restart zones and sponsored last laps. I'm honestly surprised the stages aren't individually sponsored yet.

If Brian France reads this thread, you're welcome.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
NASCAR has been diagnosed with late-stage capitalism.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Obviously the way NASCAR can better connect to its fanbase is to promote its audience putting sponsors on their daily vehicles. Then everyone can feel like a racecar driver.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Daniel Suarez is a great new talent and has many years ahead of him in NASCAR.

This post sponsored by ICE.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
lol at anyone who didn't watch the race and just looks at the results.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Nothing gets me excited like the anticipation of Rick Allen calling a cup race.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Carl Edwards

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Huh, I guess there was a truck race last night.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
uh Jimmie's gonna get his 8th, and I expect this post to be sceen-capped and posted 5 months from now.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Cup drivers running Xfinity are the only reason it survives probably.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I still think that's an odd decision, considering the guy has no win in the top 3 touring series.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Elliott Sadler should drive the 88 car tbh. He's actually a proven winner.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
but seriously what the gently caress was that race lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

soggybagel posted:

As someone who knows nothing about NASCAR I was under the impression the idea behind NASCAR is that it was more about skill than having the technological and mechanical advantage. Cars are pretty uniform and strictly regulated. Yet the few races I've seen this year announcers always say Kyle Busch and Martin Truex Jrs cars are better where as some middle pack cars just aren't good enough. What's the deal?

Because it is about technological and mechanical advantage, even in little things. Put Kyle Busch in a poo poo-tier team car, and he'll run 20th at best. Put a driver from a backmarker team into a good car, he'll run top 10. That's why Hendrick Motorsports has hundreds of wins and Front Row Motorsport has like 2. More money, more man-hours into computer simulations, better engines, better chassis, etc.

When Kyle Busch ran for his own team in Xfinity some years ago, he never won a race. His team merged with Gibbs, and suddenly he was winning again. To do well in NASCAR is like 80% dependent on your equipment.

• Locked thread