Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am in college again and don't have the time or energy for streaming poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's actually all my facebook alts sorry to break the illusion

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dentist toy box posted:

Also Forza 6 is probably the best NASCAR game out right now.

dirt to daytona continues to be the only nascar game anyone needs

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 12, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Saucer Crab posted:

Stock cars on road courses is almost always a blast to watch and my crazy fantasy scheduling would probably be 1/3 road courses if not more.

unfortunately nascar road races are consistently the races with the lowest viewership numbers every year

apparently people prefer shitholes like chicagoland for some ungodly reason

e: oh christ that new dumb race format is gonna affect the road races too huh, welp

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

new nascar rule: whoever wins has to drive the last-place finishers car the next race and vice-versa

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

nascar is losing fans because the on-track product is loving terrible and their championship format is loving terrible and confusing since they change it every drat year. 'lack of danger' has gently caress-all to do with it. chasing the midwest or west coast also has nothing to do with it directly although the tracks in those areas are really poo poo by and large and cost us dates on better eastern tracks.

road tracks won't help because sonoma and the glen are consistently the least-watched races all year.

the fix is to chop the schedule down to 30 races, dump some of the really really bad tracks, make the racing package not be complete rear end by removing a bunch of aero, and stick to one single points system that is easy to follow. i expect nascar to do exactly zero of these things.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Jesus Viking, how many short tracks does New England, New York , and New Jersey HAVE? Just found out about this one (which has sadly closed..) via a clip of the movie "Arthur"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X03KitgIrxk

Tell me about this track (Danbury) if you got any info.

i mean just within an hour of where i used to live, we had albany-saratoga (a 5 minute drive from my house), lebanon valley (went here a whole lot) and fonda (never went because everyone said it sucks)

northeast is just absolutely littered with short tracks

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the vast majority of tracks nascar races at do not need two dates and they really really ought to roll the schedule back to 30 races

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iospace posted:

They should have used new Hampshire's roval

see that would be them making a good decision and nascar is not in the business of good decision making

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Alain Post posted:

The decline of the mid-range team has been ongoing since the 2000s. I think the only guys we have left that you might call a mid-field team are the 47, the Petty cars, and maybe the Furniture Row guys. (and, at this point, maybe Roush).

ganassi

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

NASCAR itself poached a shitload

preparation h, the official hemorrhoid cream of nascar

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the real downward slide was when boudreaux's butt paste left the sport. rip.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

best looking stock car of all time

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

remember when nascar tried to one-up the 2005 usgp at indy rofl

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

in retrospect that was prolly the most interesting race nascar has ever had at indianapolis

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Croc posted:

The goodyear lottery races are always a blast

didn't the coke 600 also suffer from that one year?

it was the 2005 500 miler at charlotte that was a catastrophe, and iirc, like indy it was after they ground the track or something

jesus christ that was 11 and a half years ago :smithicide:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Heck of an ending, though.

you're thinking of that years coke 600 duder

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Boomer The Cannon posted:

600 was just as hosed up, iirc.

was it? all i remember is the finish

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

I mean I don't. I just follow this thread and shitpost.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Aw man :smith:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

remember brian 'the brain' france was a trump supporter. he probably actually believes weed kills you instantly.

wait are you trying to tell me reefer madness wasn't a documentary :prepop:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

that charlotte road course is garbage and comically not up to Cup standards. it will be hilarious to have another stupid demolition derby in the chase though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL67vXR5Hdk

that fuckin pit exit :stonklol:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dentist toy box posted:

The Charlotte roval has to be the worst roval in existence, But I mean the race is a guaranteed demolition derby though. Hopefully they'll update the track?

no. nothing will ever top kansas' roval.

this is seriously a real thing they made.

the real winning move would've been not putting vegas in the chase, keeping new hampshire and using that roval, it's actually good for what it is.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iospace posted:

I like the Fontana roval. It at least isn't "Oh, let's take nearly the entire oval, and make them do a small detour for a bit, and then have them come out right by where they came in!"

by the low standards of rovals it's one of the better ones.

pocono has an alright layout as well, so does homestead (i was pleasantly surprised how much i enjoyed homestead's roval in forza 6).

they're all better than fuckin charlotte at the very least, that's for goddamn sure.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dentist toy box posted:

Somewhere out there a person is fuming a black man is driving the 43 and I'm happy for it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iospace posted:

Indeed. The Chase is exactly when it became painfully obvious that they were *ahem* chasing casuals. Most people who weren't into racing would probably complain "WHY DOESN'T THE PERSON WHO WIN THE MOST WIN IT ALL :byodood:" like other sports. It's by far the dumbest thing, and I will never stop making GBS threads on it.

It also unleashed JimmieBot on the world :barf:

jimmie has one of the highest win rates of any driver in nascar history, he'd still be ridiculously impressive and successful regardless of whether the chase happened.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gret posted:

I hate Toyota because they make boring assed cars.

as an owner of 2 mr2s i disagree sir

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i hope he gets his 100th xfinationwide win the same weekend jimmie gets his 100th cup win just to rub in kyle's face how pathetic an 'accomplishment' that is

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Norns posted:

Yeah what the gently caress? Why isn't my wife forcing me to watch it with her?

cause she's watching it with me :wiggle:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

change it to 5 cumulative between the two series' imo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i hope michael waltrip never stops giving me reasons to hate him

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

also just lmao @ 'fans of this thing aren't worth listening to'

like this is the mindset that brian france must already have and it's why fans are leaving

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i agree if ftw means for the wall

like dale earnhardt

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tyler posted:

Quick Google search says 2010, I knew it happened but thought it was only within the last 2-3 years. I'd still like to see Dodge get back in the mix but FCA in general is a dumpster fire these days.

these days? chrysler has been a dumpster fire since before most or all of the posters in this thread were even born. i'd buy a fuckin yugo before i'd buy any chrysler product made in the last 35 years.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that is undeniably the best trophy in the history of auto racing

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FuzzySkinner posted:

This is horrible to say, but if XFinity collapses because of it's current model? I'd say good riddance.

Let me clarify. I think NASCAR having a national touring series that would run venues and places Cup doesn't go would be awesome. But often times seeing Kyle Busch sweep a race weekend at Kansas is garbage racing.

they need to let xfinity die and start bringing trucks back to short tracks like pikes peak and south boston instead of largely sharing the calender with cup so it has its own identity beyond 'i dunno it's like cup but with trucks instead'

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Divine Styler posted:

Just a guy who likes the best driver since #3.

i, too, am a huge jimmie johnson fan. glad to finally see another one besides myself and harrison~

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Human Grand Prix posted:

The internet was clamouring for non-luxury sports sedan with manual transmission. This one even had the best V8 ever! GM gave them one and nobody bought it. Anybody that had the means to buy one probably just purchased a Camaro *SUPRISE!* Now, the entire internet is backpedalling saying that the SS was too expensive/looked too bland/didn't perform well enough (???) so that's why they didn't buy one. It's total bullshit - anybody that wants a fast American car with a V8 either A.) Gets a muscle car or B.) Gets a muscle car.

the real issue is that car culture as a whole seems like it is kinda dying right now.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

cars suck rear end and killed our cities and our planet. they also reached the technology plateau where they all look the same and work the same and any old dumbshit with moderate means can get a car that goes way faster than it should, its nothing special and takes no effort. cars just arent cool anymore. and i say that as someone who really likes cars and driving.

yeah pretty much this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

mine is much much worse

my handwriting is so bad that i switched to writing with my left hand so that i could read my own handwriting while taking notes in class, which was a temporary improvement until i got more practice at it and now it sucks equally with both hands

• Locked thread