Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FuzzySkinner posted:

When I first saw the new round of "DAYTONA DAY" ads that thought immediatly came to mind. "Just hire LASTCAR and call it a day"

PYF NASCAR/Daytona 500 teases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ibhdXuAx4U&

Takes about 5 seconds into that broadcast before someone compares it to the Super Bowl. Twice. The media apparently doesn't change.

Also their :unsmith: about Ken Shrader, saying this year is his chance? Yeah he finished 40th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cygni posted:

yall people liking the segments are insane

I dunno, it's really just like series like the BTCC that have 3 races, or I guess more like ones that have a main and a sprint race like GP2.

Nascar is just doing them all together rather than a couple of hours or a day apart.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

algebra testes posted:

British Superbikes do a chase for the title.

They started doing that after Nascar right?

Iirc, there's is a straight "x number of races" chase rather than the elimination clusterfuck and they seem to make it work.

I still have the view you can't have playoffs in a competition where the eliminated competitors are still there and can still affect events.

It'd be like a Denver-Seattle superbowl but we've got 3 players from the 49ers on the pitch and offered money for field goals if they can steal the ball and make one, it just doesn't make sense as a concept.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

njsykora posted:

WEC does I think double points for Le Mans, I think Blancpain GT does quad points for the 24 hours of Spa with full normal race points awarded at 6 and 12 hours and double points at the finish.

It feels different when the double points are being given for much longer races I think.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Is there any possibility they're doing this so it can be an utter disaster and they can say "Welp, we tried a road course, didn't work, never again!"

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Genocide Tendency posted:

Never attribute to malice what you can attribute to stupidity.

That's what I was afraid of.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Similar to Lausitzring, I'd suggest the "other" Rockingham.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

iospace posted:

I understand the logic behind having the race in Vegas so you don't need to travel for the awards banquet the next day, but ehhhhh...

Pruning the races is a good idea. Get rid of repeats first, then use the bidding process to determine who gets a repeat.

And I've grown to like stages. The format needs tweaking, but it does do something that NASCAR needed to do: make the middle of races worth something and worth watching.

I made my peace with stages to a degree when I realised what they essentially were was just an implementation of a BTCC style multiple races in a day format just with less of a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cygni posted:

meters are teh things they use to check ur gas/electricity usage obvi

Yeah, he means metres.

• Locked thread