Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
In as CloppingKeselowski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Prepare to burn through your Suarez/Jones picks by week 12

Is Ty Dillon going full time, or is he just getting certain races? Even if he were full time I guess that still leaves the C list 9 races short on full time drivers not guaranteed to finish 30th or worse.

E: Also I get that Buesher made the chase but how is he on the B list? I wouldn't even want him on the C list if I could avoid it. Ragan, Menard, Stenhouse, and Patrick should all be C list in my opinion as well. It would at least give the C list some options.

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 17, 2017

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Don't worry guys, the most important Jayski page lives on:

http://www.jayski.com/home/

At least there is that.

This was a few pages back but, on the monster girl wardrobe, all I remember thinking was how awesome it was going to be to have to wear that in July and August when it is like 85 degrees with 90% humidity. I'm a fan of the look personally but god drat they could have made a better choice than all black. Maybe they'll change it up from race to race.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

In addition, FOX Sports announces several minor start time updates to its 2017 FOX NASCAR television schedule:

gently caress you, NASCAR, some people nearly everybody at that drat racetrack has to work the next day. Including me. :ramsay:

Could that be an estimate of the start of the Main race? I can't imagine they'd start heats that late.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

SwampYankee posted:

MA used to be full of them too. Lakeville Speedway, Westboro Speedway, and Norwood Arena were all within an hour of me, Norwood even had Grand National in the 60's. I was born about 10 years too late for them, but Seekonk is still going pretty strong. There's a really cool little racing museum in Pawtucket, RI that has a few old cars and a ton of stuff from the old tracks.

Can't forget about Riverside Park Speedway before they tore it down to make Six Flags. I only got to go there once though.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

I really hope it is Kansas over other places. New Hampshire might not be the most exciting but it at least has a little bit of a short track feel and has the potential to be interesting. At least if they swap Kansas with a second Vegas it is basically no change it all.

I'll say that I was against the segment racing, either have heats and a main or don't. BUT, I have enjoyed the green flag racing. I'm ok with the segments for now only because they have basically been the only cautions. I know it is only 2 races (and they still managed to cram in a debris caution yesterday but I'm holding out hope it was actually legit) but if they keep it up and they actually race green for the majority of the race then I guess it might be a good thing. Where the segment poo poo might get old is a place like Martinsville if they have a few yellows per segment and then the obnoxiously long segment yellows on top of them.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

shyduck posted:

Possible explanation for RCR's power woes Sunday: they're running without alternators

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/03/06/ryan-why-hasnt-goodyear-signed-an-extension-and-more-musings-from-atlanta/

It's definitely plausible. It could also explain the weirdness going on with Newman's car when they showed it in the garage.

It also makes it extra loving stupid they didn't run backup batteries. I mean I understand their reasoning, what good is the extra couple horsepower if we're just going to use it to carry the weight of an extra battery? But if you're trying it in a 500 mile race for the first time why not be a little on the safe side? There were points where both the #3 and #31 looked like they could contend for the win, provided Harvick did something stupid like speed on pit lane, and they shot themselves in the foot.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Hasn't like half the field tried to punch Joey at some point throughout his career, same with Kyle too? If one punches the other and one of them ends up tackled and bloody I get the feeling most other teams are chalking it up to each them earning it one way or another. Either way it was funny to watch. Also Joey said in his post race that none of the punches landed but it sure looked like Kyle got him with the sucker punch, as weak as it may have been. Hard to miss from that close up.

I wonder if NASCAR will probate both or at least the #18 for the rest of the year basically taking any chance of rivalry off the board because of potential championship losing implications if they wreck each other? It is gonna be tough to keep away from each other for the next 33 races, especially if they end up battling for "playoff" positions late in the year.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Slickdrac posted:

Are you being serious? On what planet is even actually cold cocking a dude even remotely the same as this? :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDZ_xwJR6b4

And really didn't they pull sponsorship because Kyle was suspended after that? While Mars can't publically endorse it, they can't really be mad about a pit road fight. An incident that is getting national coverage, that didn't risk another driver serious injury like the Hornaday wreck, and M&M's is splashed all over TVs on Monday morning? The only thing I'd be bummed about if I were Mars is that there were only like two M&M's fire suits down there and the rest all had Penzoil across them. They're getting the bulk of the free advertising and it was the M&M driver that started it. Come on Kyle, next time bring a few crew members down for the screen time.

I can't seem to find any info on penalties, were there any? I have only been able to find articles saying punishment would be unlikely with some recent examples of fights throughout the three major series that hadn't seen any penalty. I thought NASCAR handed that poo poo out on Tuesdays?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

I'm a little late to the party on this, but what a steal for the #31 team. I'm kinda indifferent to Newman since he's been mired in the middle/top of the middle for so long now but I was happy to see that play out the way it did. I was really pulling for Larson but that bump coming in turns 1&2 just took away any chance he had. I just hope the last couple races don't put the kid in like a second guess brain scramble from hell and he abandons all his instincts or something. Honestly I find it sort of laughable that the #31 will have a chance at winning the championship, unless they are poised for some crazy resurgence that I just don't see coming, but this is the system NASCAR put in place and good for them for figuring our a way to get in. I kind of feel bad for Kyle Busch in the whole thing but I can rest easy since it was so fitting the #22 hosed him out of the win.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Newman was one spot away from winning the title in 2014 with one less win than he has this year.

The comedy option would've been to see Larson get to Newman and wall him much like Newman did in 2014 to get into ^that^ position, but even I'd forgotten that had happened.

I suppose I'm a little unfair to him saying he is a top of the middle driver when he seems more like a bottom of the top driver. Typically I don't think of the #31 competing for wins over the last few years which is why he has floated to an area of indifference, for me, over the last few seasons. Hell I was pulling for him hard two years ago for a winless champion in an era where winning is everything but I would have cheered on any driver in that case. He's a good veteran driver that knows how to finish races and point his way to the top 10ish area in points. I wonder if that team will have a different approach now that the pressure is off and they don't have to worry about finishing 12th every week to make the chase. Maybe we'll see them turn it on like they did a few years ago where he was ripping top 5's off every week at the end of the chase when up to that point had only had 2 top 5's in the other 31 races.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

LASTCAR posted:

https://twitter.com/Noble_Jim/status/847881697211363328

Hooters with their worst April Fools prank since 1993.

This week is seriously the worst week for crazy, out there, news that you hope is true because it probably isn't. Still, please be true!

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Ok that was a good one.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

SwampYankee posted:

Now, putting aside how terrible of a person he is and speaking strictly as a New England race fan, it's a shame. Waterford most likely would have been shuttered without him buying it and putting in the upgrades that he did. With him being arrested, NASCAR pulling any association with the track, and a number of officials walking way, I'll be surprised if the Speedbowl recovers.
Yeah that track had been rumored to be shuttered and turned into a condo complex for like the last decade but this is a whole new ball of wax to deal with. The series my buddy and I race in have 5 dates set there for the upcoming year, I wonder what is going to happen. That would be a huge blow to our series since it is one of the few tracks around New England that actually wants us 5 times a year as we usually only have 14-17 teams show up each week. We had a 7 race deal with Monadnock a few years ago and that soured pretty quickly since we weren't bringing in enough money for a "touring series" even though it is exactly that reason why the series calls itself a "club" rather than a tour. As a result we only have 2 dates at Monadnock for this year.

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 7, 2017

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

SwampYankee posted:

I missed the race because I was at Thompson for the Icebreaker. Rowan Pennink put the famous Boehler racing "Ole Blue" #3 Modified back in victory lane for the first time in almost 5 years, 8 years for a points paying event.

I also got this video from the late model feature:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u12JLdIXnf0

Never leave a race until it's over.

Bonus Modified pictures:

All that chrome... :fap:

Aw cool man. Good for the 3. Surprised Teddy Christopher wasn't running it. I think he's been running that car for the most part of the last few years hasn't he? You can thank me for not going for the good weather by the way. Every time I go to the Ice Breaker or the World Series its like -10 degrees and/or raining and when I don't go its 60 and nice.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Cygni posted:

a guy who is probably a consensus top 3 active racecar driver if you polled the drivers themselves, is gonna chase another series big event for fun and glory... and she complaining that it's not marketable enough and her child hasn't heard of him

like for gently caress sake who gives a poo poo how many hamburgers the guy might sell, it's loving cool as hell regardless of the driver or event

When I heard about this during the F1 race coverage last weekend my first thought was, does he instantly become the best driver in the field even if he hasn't actually raced an Indy car? I stopped following Indy a few years ago so I don't have a good idea of who would compare to Alonso but from what I can tell the way things go is you get drummed out of F1 because of a lack of competitiveness and end up in Indy/sportscars/NASCAR/etc. It will be interesting to see how he does on an oval.

That article was loving dumb. It just sounded like, eh I looked up Alonso on Wikipedia, and the results for this year's F1 races and I now know everything about Alonso, F1, Indy, Honda and McLaren.

Alonso really has done an amazing job with that car this year. He was good last year too but clearly the reliability this year is poo poo. He's at least been fighting for points when the car is actually running and on track. To me it is kind of similar to when Kurt Busch was driving for Finch in the #51 and every once in a while that car would be hovering around the top 15, top 10 and that would basically be like winning for that team who normally would be lucky to sniff the top 25. It just proves that a good driver can actually make a difference and similarly to when Kurt attempted the double it will be interesting to see a good driver get in an Indy car and see what he can do.

E: Is there any way somebody could try to get Alonso to do the double? Just like throw David Ragan out of the #38 or something at let Alonso have at it? Can't finish any worse.

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 19, 2017

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

A Twitter post about swapping the locations of sponsor logos and car numbers took me to Reddit for like the second time in my life and somebody from JTG said this:

Here's what he's talking about.

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverAW/status/855236647520264192

It looks awful, yet NASCAR will probably encourage it in the future because IT'LL MAKE THINGS AWESOME.

When I was watching a thing about Suarez at the beginning of the season I noticed the NASCAR Mexico cars were set up in a similar way. It's not my preferred look but it wouldn't bother me too much I don't think.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

tater_salad posted:

I know he owns Bristol too but isn't he part of the reason for 1.5 mile tri-ovals.

Didn't he ruin Bristol then say oh I didn't know what the contractors were doing? And then spend more money to fix it?

Right didn't he resurface it with progressive banking and it ruined the racing so bad that they did another resurface between the spring and fall race? Some of you guys have way better memories on this stuff than I do.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

It was more like three years between the resurfacing and unfucking of the racetrack.

He also publicly denied any knowledge that the track was being repaved and blamed a rogue engineer so the knuckle-dragging retards he thinks all of us are wouldn't hate him.

Oh poo poo really? Why am I thinking they did a mid-season resurface? Am I just thinking of another track?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Fairly boring race for a no holds barred, checkers or wreckers, bring me the trophy or the steering wheel MONSTER ALL STAR RACE. Though, the third segment was good for the first half or so with the 21 and the 14 taking two tires and a bunch of fast cars behind them. Made me think that they could make this interesting if they did an inversion after every segment. Also I thought they should have let Keselowski run the options in the last segment. He didn't run a lap that counted, even under yellow, with the options on so I wouldn't have counted them as being used. I guess they were taking the letter of the law as written no excuses for the options though.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

The whole interview was the most bizarre/uncomfortable thing I've ever heard out of Danica, who has always otherwise easily been the most capable driver in front of a mic. It was a mix of annoyed, fed-up snark aimed at the doctors and Logano, mixed with an attempt at calculated eloquence ("They asked me what day it was and I was smart and said tomorrow was Mother's Day!" (shoulder touch)), all of which ended with "I'm probably gonna die in one of these. :(". Danica, understandably, wasn't Danica.

I think it's one of the first times I can remember hearing a driver that rattled and wanting to say "You know what, maybe you should take the pile of money you've made and find something you'd feel better doing...". I'd have felt the same way if anybody other than Danica looked that rattled. She has a valid point about the huge hits she's taken- as we've talked about in these threads, she finds a way to knock the gently caress out of walls and I hope it stops happening. My question is is there something which will make her want to stick with it or can she be at peace with hanging it up?
That interview was weird as hell. It seemed to me like she was most frustrated that she couldn't blame everything on Joey. Like she was running around outside her car before getting in the ambulance and you could tell she was waiting to confront him, where undoubtedly she was told about the brake failure I'm sure and it was just bad dumb luck that she was right there. To me it felt like during the interview she was just beside herself that she couldn't blame some dumb rear end in a top hat that purposely ran into her to wreck her day on purpose because she is a girl combined with I can't believe how lovely my luck has been this year. I get the frustration. She wants to do well and feels she should be doing better and whether she has the talent or not she has to be wondering if it is all just bad luck or if she is trying to come to grips with not really improving much in her stock car career and that is like boiling over the frustration.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Norns posted:

But the spirit of the rule was to prevent crews from putting on 3 lugs and letting the car go. A 4 race suspension for something that was a mistake seems harsh.

They gently caress with the rules constantly. Why act like this is the only time it needs to be back and white?

Yeah that seems way too hard, especially for the crew guys that might need the "game day" paycheck bump. The guys they suspended weren't even really the guys who were at fault. If you ask me the jackman was more at fault than the tire carrier for sure. Maybe the changer gets partial credit for not ensuring his gun was in the correct position. But the jackman didn't look back to see if everything was all good and dropped early, hurting tire carrier in the process. It looked like the fender came down right on his hand while it was still on the tire to me.

Also if this is such a big deal, why is it that every time a car comes to pit road unscheduled with a confirmed loose wheel that the offending changer is not suspended? The wheel could break and come off at any time and it is basically luck and driver intuition that keep that from happening so why aren't loose wheels that don't come off treated with, say, a 1 race suspension?

In the end for the team I guess it probably won't make an impact but for those individual crew guys that sucks and is too harsh if you ask me.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

If you have to ask "why are tires flying off in the middle of a race such a big deal" :laffo:

I think drivers racing, at speed, on a loose wheel waiting to see if a caution will come out first is a lot worse than car let down off the jack without lug nuts on and having it come off at pit road speed. So yeah I have to ask if Kyle's incident is such a big deal why aren't all loose wheels treated with the same respect?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

WindyMan posted:

So when are we going to see the Fox broadcast team hop into Cup cars?

Mikey raced the 500.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

wicka posted:

How about you do neither, and just let the sponsor be loving visible, like all sorts of other sports and events that aren't shedding viewers by the millions?

"Long been a flow" is no excuse, the fact that it's been around for a while doesn't mean it isn't terrible.

It's kind of a weird thing to HATE of all things that can be annoying about TV race coverage. Do you hate that they are sponsored or hate that they do a run through? Clint Bowyer will have the 5 Hour Energy cam on board today. That phrase combined with an on board shot of the cockpit is "unbearable" to you? If it were, Here is Clint Bowyer's on board view today, would that be much different? They are going to run through the on board cameras either way so who really gives a gently caress if it is sponsored by Tropicana or whatever?

Cygni posted:

I like it cause then I know which cars have cams? the bigger complaint is that its 2017 and they dont ALL have cams already.

This is also annoying. Every time there is some sort of weird crash near the mid-back of the field and nobody knows why it would be great if they could just use that car's and surrounding car's on board cameras to piece it together but they only put like 9 on board cameras out there.

WindyMan posted:

It's fine that everyone plugs all their on-board cameras at the start of a race. The onboard run-through has long been a part of the flow of the pre-start build up, and plugging a camera sponsor is literally no different than plugging the car sponsor instead. Same difference.

And it doesn't. Just a little bit in the corner for car identification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMlNz720rxo&t=8143s

I have to wonder how my enjoyment and understanding of this sequence would have changed if my eyes had to compete for screen space against a banner covering up 25% of the view.
Really the ticker at the top blocks more of the view than anything else. That is one of my biggest complaints about this sort of stuff is how big the that leaderboard ticker is. I wish it were just a thin line at the top similar to the bottom ticker.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

wicka posted:

It's not as unbearable as you, I guess.

Touché.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

That was indeed an rear end stomping, and I'm happy that Truex got to stomp the field and finish it off with a win even with overtime bullshit because so many times he's crushed the field and finished like 5th or something. But that race was boring as gently caress. The only interesting thing that happened is when McMurray banged off Hamlin going 3-wide on like lap 20 and the race was so loving boring the broadcast team was trying to make that a thing for the entirety of the race. I don't care if somebody curb stomps the field but at least give me some sort of action somewhere else in the field. I don't care if it's McDowell and Ragan going at it for 27th, show me something on track besides strung out cars at the front while telling me that Furniture Row Racing is based in Colorado for the 9 billionth time. I am a NASCAR sucker that watches every single race but even I can't let this go by without complaining. It also figures that I'm still in the minority of the thread when the biggest borefest of the year is being half defended by this thread with guys saying, if y'all don't like mudholes being stomped in the field's rear end y'all need to get the gently caress out. Hell I don't care if Jimmie wins by 8 laps, show me the race for loving 15th so I can say I didn't waste my time and if you can't, do like Brad said and at least design a car that can race side by side on 1.5 miler.

To continue my complaining, is the burnout interview going to continue to be a thing? I thought last week was just the hype of it being Daytona and Sticky Ricky's second win and the first race on NBC and it just felt right to go out there and get the post burnout interview but then they do it again this week? It's a little redundant to do the burnout trackside interview and then the victory lane interview right after it. Again, I like Martin Truex but I don't need 20 minutes of post race interview with him. or anybody else.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

WindyMan posted:

I disagree, I actually found the race pretty good. I thought strategy stuff got interesting leading up to the Stage 2 finish with some cars electing to not take a pit stop during the stage break, but it ultimately not mattering because Truex knew he was going to win that race no matter what everyone else tried or what NASCAR's rules would try to do to gently caress him over. That it stayed green until that late caution allowed the race to develop, instead of everyone just racing each other to the next caution that normally happens because people are racing stupid to cause one.

As it got closer and closer to the finish and it was longer and longer without a caution, I couldn't help but notice the chatter elsewhere about people saying that a caution "needs" to come out to save this "boring" race. It's kind of a sad state where the only definition of a good race in many people's eyes is how much wheel-to-wheel action and passing there is. You can still have a good time with positional strategy and gaining/losing time, even without a lot of action on the track. The Iowa Indycar race was more that than on-track action, but it was still a fun one. In NASCAR's case, its quest to all but eliminate the emphasis on that side of racing (electing instead to throw cautions and bunch up the field for :siren:EXCITING RESTARTS:siren:) is partly to blame for it being in the position it's found itself in presently.

Although I don't disagree with you about this. I did start to wonder towards the end if there were any battles elsewhere on the track, or if the entire field had strung out to a point where there wasn't. If there's no real racing happening anywhere in the field, NBC should at least check in on the closest backmarkers from time to time.

I wasn't looking for a caution to spice things up, in fact I hate that poo poo. I don't like it when a race is "taken away" from a driver that dominates the poo poo out it but gets run into during a GWC and loses it all. It seemed to me that, as you mentioned, the #78 pretty much had it sewn up baring some late race overtime bullcrap, which almost happened which would have been a real shame because in my mind no amount of cautions were going "save" that race. I was all for long greens to get it over with. I know what you're saying with the strategy stuff (I actually watch F1 as well and find enjoyment playing the strategy game from the top of the grid through the bottom of the points to see who gets points and podiums and who screws the pooch) but to me the stage racing takes a lot of the strategy out of the race and lays it out a little more straight forward and takes the strategy angle away a little bit. There are little strategy plays here and there as far as teams trying for track position or stage points at stage ends but with the cautions basically laid out into perfect 1 stop fuel runs even if it goes green really takes a lot out of the race.

Long runs, short runs, stages or green from flag to flag I don't think there was a scenario available to make that race interesting. If you found excitement in it more power to you, I just didn't find it this time. E: Kyle Larson passed the whole drat field tiwce and that wasn't enough to hold my interest. Maybe it is the coverage because when a guy makes 75 passes in a race to finish second and you can't make it look interesting that is a problem.

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 11, 2017

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Watching a race live is way better than watching it on TV. I've been to :airquote: boring :airquote: races before, but found the race entertaining by watching my driver do what he does during the course of the event.

Also, some of you people in this thread are loving goofy.

I'm actually considering going to NHIS this week just for that reason though I'm thinking it will be insufferably humid and hot. Plus I was actually just there Saturday July 2nd, they had an open modified race though it was mostly Valenti Mods there, as well as a pro stock, mini stock tour race and street stocks. Surprisingly the street stocks and mini stock tour had the cleanest races of the night while the prostocks took around 25min to complete 3 laps they were so eager to wreck each other. Some people spent a lot of money of front clips, rear clips and every suspension piece under the sun that weekend. The team I was with actually had a pretty bad car but was able to stay out of the wrecks and just missed the top 10. I had never been to NHIS before so it was cool to go to and I wouldn't mind experiencing a Cup weekend there at some point. One thing I thought was interesting they still had all the old Sprint branded banners and billboards up all over the track from last year. Guess they had a busy couple weeks resetting everything to Monster. I'll post a picture from the weekend because, pavement mods.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Kenseth is going to get the Casey Atwood/Joe Nemechek "demoted to the satellite operation" treatment.

...even though FRR has beat the pants off JGR this year.
Yeah I'm almost bummed for the kid because he has been doing well in the car he's in now and isn't even going to get a chance to help grow that team.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Well at least we'll get to watch him pass the whole field again this week, if they show coverage of it.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

*nervous collar tug*

Plus NASCAR taking their broken truck arm from the garage today to see what they are up to. That could slow them down a bit if they are up to some nonsense with the rear suspension. Still a few races left between now and Sept though. I'd be surprised if he didn't get another win between now and then.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Get the gently caress in. :getin:

(e- Rico Abreu is running a 5th Thorsport truck (#89) at Eldora, Kenny Schrader is in the 66, and Bobby Pierce is back in the 63 and I hope to gently caress he wins.)

Also, restrictor plates at Indy in NXS. Just leaving that here.

He's going to go Scorched Earth and nothing NASCAR will do in response will sway the fans away from his opinion because it'll come down to his word versus Brian France's and :lol: if anyone likes Brian France at this point or will listen to him over Dang Ol' Junebug.

NASCAR will, of course, deny that anything is wrong.

...right? Please?

Will he go nuclear you think? Do you think he's just being vocal now because he is in it full time and feels the effects of everything NASCAR is doing and he also knows it's his last full time season so why give a gently caress? When he's out of the grind do you think he'll keep at it, or just fade away to his racecar ghost town and buy Redskins season tickets and just kind of get away from it all?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

iospace posted:

Rumors abound: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs/news/nascar-cup-drivers-xfinity-truck-933359/

Well, more than rumors, but the higher ups are considering limiting crossover from Cup drivers to 5 races a season per series.

I've been saying that for loving years. Let rookies and sophomore drivers race as much as the want/can for seat time and limit everybody else to 5 or 10 races per season in ALL lower series combined. I think that would help develop other guys. If a kid coming up gets to race a car that Kyle Busch has set up for him combined with the amount of seat time needed to get it dialed in, it has to help them learn something going forward.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

I regret to inform you that I'm the final SASCAR Yahoo Fantasy Champion:

https://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto

Is there another decent Fantasy platform we can use?

I guess I can stop bothering them to add fantasy nascar to their app. Their website is poo poo and fantasy nascar is the only thing I had to use it for so now I have no reason at all to use it so that is good.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Dude you're taking this super personal. All people are saying is that maybe she doesn't love racing as much as the next driver and the lack of success combined with slightly less passion and excitement for the sport itself has kind of run it's course with her.

How many guys finally hit success and the first thing they do is start a dirt team or a late model team and build that into a truck team or something? Those are guys who are passionate about the sport. The first thing she did was start "...a clothing line, a wine label and a writing career" per the article CBJ posted.

I don't know how you can keep on the same defense of NO YOU GUYS! SHE REALLY LOVES IT! YOU FUCKERS KNOW NOTHING! ALONSO IS FRUSTRATED TOO when a guy like Ken Schrader "retires" and goes on to race 4 times a week on dirt tracks across the midwest while Danica is maybe gonna throw her hat in the ring on the two highest paying races of the season or nothing racing related at all. Doesn't really sound like a lot of love for the sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Especially since the "article" that follows it could just read 'No comment' instead of like 300 words that all basically say, no comment.

• Locked thread