Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

So how many laps until we get to the wrecking.

1 lap apparently!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

I think we need to see this in action at a non plate track because Plate racing is a different beast. I don't think it really added to the spectacle overall for daytona however the cautions in segment three could have happened under any format.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Ah well im going at the wrong angle then. I think the cautions for each segment were an issue in all 3 races this weekend so i agree they need to tighten it up. I half feel they keep them out so tv can load in as many commercials as possible. But that's just american tv showing sport all over.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

financially racist posted:

in retrospect that was prolly the most interesting race nascar has ever had at indianapolis

The goodyear lottery races are always a blast

didn't the coke 600 also suffer from that one year?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Harveygod posted:

Now I remember that FedEx actually sponsored the 18 that race because the 11 car didn't qualify.

Jason Leffler's (half?) season in that 11 was all levels of awful.

I have a diecast of that years car :(

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Thats a cool photo

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Everything reads like the classic this guy is a total yes man who massages the ego of the CEO.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Norns posted:

I just don't understand what Kyle Busch is trying to prove?

That hes the greatest nascarman

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Well they sponsored petty for numerous years so they clearly weren't until that very moment.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

They did then they ran that period where race starts were a static time depending if it was day/night and i guess well they keep bleeding viewers clearly its the start times and not all the rubbish with the point system/current car race ability.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Harveygod posted:

I always felt that was JJ Yeley, who still gets work for some reason.

Yeley was pretty fast but yeah every race he'd be running well then spin it into the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

indeed but here's some whos cool and good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NJI54YR9d8

• Locked thread