Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's pretty clear that the legal entity of The United States of America is a failed experiment. The question then becomes how should it's territory be divided? There are already Texas and Cascadia secession movements, but where should the border of those new countries be? Should California be it's own nation, or combined with Cascadia? What about that big bit in the middle of the US where nobody lives, who gets that? Does Mexico get some land back?

Here are some proposed maps to get us started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Can somebody superimpose European borders circa 1943 over a map of North America, let's see what that looks like

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can I be the first member of the Kanga-rat murder society?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

hatty posted:

Are you a Kanga-rat? if not, you can still certainly be involved in an important way with the Kanga-rat murder society, if only briefly.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This could be helpful, it's map showing the major metropolitan areas and their surrounding areas

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Great Lakes Federation > all other puny, waterless american nations

asmodeusvivivi
Sep 7, 2011

hatty posted:

I'd think that joining the Orangutan Surfing Civilization would be a better bet.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

I like how they don't even want Florida.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

They only need Louisana to claim the gulf oil fields.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I always like when Colorado is lumped in with a bunch of Midwestern lunatics as if we share a culture any more than Californians do

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

twoday posted:

Can somebody superimpose European borders circa 1943 over a map of North America, let's see what that looks like

I was too lazy to rescale so enjoy the Austrian-American Republic

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I never noticed how far north Atzlan extends before.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope
meh the easiest thing to do to is carve metro NYC, then metro SF and LA out, they can declare their own nation, coronate hillary as dowager empress 4 lyfe, leave the rest of us alone

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Have you tried alphabetising it?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Did they ever explain why Seattle was UCAS territory?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

dunkelzahn 2057

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

i believe that america should be divided by what sort of scientific beaker individuals most closely resemble, then alphabetical by name after that

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

behold our president

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

VectorSigma posted:

dunkelzahn 2057

I'm gonna be honest, I wouldn't vote for a dragon. I guess I'm just racist. Also they manipulate humanity. And eat us.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I claim my apartment as the Novo Holy Roman Empire

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I'm going to join the Vickie's, most you guys look like Second Distributed Republic to me.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

this, plus slc, or at least little cottonwood canyon for the skiing

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lincoln was wrong and should have left the South go. Also invade Canada.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ah you got there before I could post it.

frankenfreak posted:

I never noticed how far north Atzlan extends before.

Those Azzies are loving aggressive.

Aurubin posted:

Did they ever explain why Seattle was UCAS territory?

Negotiated to give them a Western sea port post-magical return. Also I believe Ares controls a large amount of the city and aren't keen on letting it go. You try argueing with a cohort of Knight Errant soldiers. The only near by groups that could threaten them military would be the Sioux and the Tir.

Gridlocked has issued a correction as of 05:08 on Feb 4, 2017

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i could see a hypothetical California-centric nation including Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado, looping around Utah since they're liable to just become New Deseret or something

the Midwest is gonna be a loving WWII-esque warzone hell of trenches and mud. it's not a base of power in and of itself but as many as four surrounding places would obviously end up wanting all of it to themselves, since it makes a shitload of food and in the case of the Dakotas, oil. toss-up between Texas and whatever they call the Chicago-oriented Great Lakes area, I think around the time this goes down, since let's be honest we're speculating like fifty to a hundred years with how slow these things move, Texas and the East Coast might have some flooding problems but the Lakes'll be fine

gently caress if I know what'd happen to Florida but good news, a hundred years from now we literally won't have to care about its political situation on account of being wholly subsumed into the Caribbean

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

What about the refugees from flooded Florida? Should they be given refugee status in America or kept in camps on the border?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

What about the refugees from flooded Florida? Should they be given refugee status in America or kept in camps on the border?

the incinerators

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/after-the-end-a-post-apocalyptic-america-mod.831384/

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
very carefully

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gobbagool posted:

meh the easiest thing to do to is carve metro NYC, then metro SF and LA out, they can declare their own nation, coronate hillary as dowager empress 4 lyfe, leave the rest of us alone
Bill still lives.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

I'm still upset this doesn't contain Alaska. :(

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
idiot humans are terrible at creating borders

the legacy of the 21st century is that we should let an evil computer do it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hatty posted:

I like that I could recognize the kamandi map at a glance on my phone in a thumbnail

Orangutan Surfing Civilization is where it's at tho

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nevvy Z posted:

They only need Louisana to claim the gulf oil fields.

He needs to finish that book so I can marathon it

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Just use the home team NFL TV map. Done. Then we can have wars based upon traditional rivalries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

I want my own fiefdom, after that I don't care and you can do with the ruins of our empire as you please.

-Odewhacker

• Locked thread