Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
sir what is your policy regarding klurfs?

*at the dais lowtax makes the throat-slit gesture* klurfs are dead to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
*half the crowd yells he's an sjw while the other half yells he's a nazi*

*'tax turns to camera, shrugs* "just another day at the office!" *married with children theme plays*

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

SCENE: THE poo poo FARM

LOWTAX: *shoveling poo poo* "phew it's a rough job but somebody's gotta do it!"

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
scene: the oval office

aide: sir, the representative has arrived

high-pitched familiar voice: hello, mister lowtax

lowtax: *turns to camera making the yikes face*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwY84Fg4NsM&t=39s

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*disappears for seven months, comes back, fires staff at random, passes out on couch with percocets and a bottle of whiskey*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

paranoid randroid posted:

*disappears for seven months, comes back, fires staff at random, passes out on couch with percocets and a bottle of whiskey*

but enough about Donald Trump, post some stuff about Lowtax

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
BLANKET OF FEAR.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
EO: Smash Mouth, eat the eggs

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

doom house threequel white house

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dontrel the Dolphin replaces the bald eagle as the national animal of the United States

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

get that OUT of my face posted:

Dontrel the Dolphin replaces the bald eagle as the national animal of the United States

rich kyanka opens the briefcase carried, turns the key

factsareuseless turns the other key needed for two-factor authentication

the room is deathly quiet

upon the monitor at norad, the radar map of the united states begins to glow as hundreds of GBS-30 ROWDY TROUT ICBMs leave their silos, their trajectories wobbly, intended targets impossible to predict due to the intense vibration action inherent to the design

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
it's pretty funny that lowtax was never able to cash out even to the extent that loving moot did lmao

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
*Tries as hard as possible to ignore nation he is governing*

*Loses Alaska in a bet against infamous German film maker*

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I didn't even notice until now that there was ~forums drama~ a few weeks ago ago because I only post in CSPAM, an oasis in a terrible world

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I've always appreciated how lowtax is baffled by the forums popularity more than anyone else

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Office Surprise Store posted:

scene: the oval office

aide: sir, the representative has arrived

high-pitched familiar voice: hello, mister lowtax

lowtax: *turns to camera making the yikes face*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwY84Fg4NsM&t=39s

Should be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWMinstead

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
"The cabinet knew." -Alex Jones

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

You must divest your stake in Mangosteen Richard

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
*spends first week hand drawing spaceship jpgs for people*

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jeff K dies of mysterious poisoning.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Come try my mangosteens only at the Sharper Image

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
As an administrator of a site full of crybaby goons i think lowtax would be highly qualified to run america.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Just make sure gbs doesn't get cabinet positions or government departments are gonna start loving with people for the fun of it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

*appoints terrible people to every job, leaves again*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

You must divest your stake in Mangosteen Richard

*prints amazon ref code at top of all executive orders*

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
Millions of refugees made citizens as part of a "GoonFleet recruitment drive."

Terrorist cells around the world swarmed by fresh minted "angry bee" units.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I didn't even notice until now that there was ~forums drama~ a few weeks ago ago because I only post in CSPAM, an oasis in a terrible world

what happened? i wanna know the smoke on the street! the scuttlebutt! gimme the gossip!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

our prez is gbs

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

lowers taxes for everyone, as his name is lowtax. raises the shitpost tax.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
administration plagued by allegations of ties to brony klurf terrorist smorky

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
*disappears for 6 months out of each year and everyone wonders if he is dead or not*

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
"my new year's resolution is to not hire a chief strategist who's secretly into pedophilia incest diaper making GBS threads roleplay"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
idc about lowtax but I think it's pretty rad he keeps the something is awful forums running, the most troll free forms on the internet

I don't know him as a person but he's pretty funny when he posts

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yinlock posted:

*appoints terrible people to every job, leaves again*

again, the Trump thread is in the tab over there -->

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Why did the Loxtaxstaffel execute you? I shamefully only had plat and an avi, no archives.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
lol I'm glad this thread is back

he should do leonard "j" crabs as attorney general

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

what happened? i wanna know the smoke on the street! the scuttlebutt! gimme the gossip!

Apparently there was an issue with a negrotown mod who was perceived as abusing their power. Lowtax brought it up in the mid forum and several of the mods responded with sarcastic gifs and such. Worse, some of this got aired out in public, even spilling over to Kiwi Farms and other doxxing sites (I may be combining some events here). Lowtax ended up demodding like 6 people and declaring a new, more "free speech" oriented direction with the forums, and that he was going to be more involved from now on.

There was a big thread about it in QCS that now seems to have been disappeared. Like I said, even though it affected the kids of several different sub forums and had its epicenter in DnD, I still hadn't noticed because CSPAM seems immune from that kind of drama.

Trumps Baby Hands has issued a correction as of 20:15 on Feb 7, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Apparently there was an issue with a negrotown mod who was perceived as abusing their power. Lowtax brought it up in the mid forum and several of the mods responded with sarcastic gifs and such. Worse, some of this got aired out in public, even spilling over to Kiwi Farms and other doxxing sites (I may be conflating some events here). Lowtax ended up demodding like 6 people and declaring a new, more "free speech" oriented direction with the forums, and that he was going to be more involved from now on.

There was a big thread about it in QCS that now seems to have been disappeared. Like I said, even though it affected the kids of several different sub forums and had its epicenter in DnD, I still hadn't noticed because CSPAM seems immune from that kind of drama.

This is confusing a number of things that happened, but you're right that it was focused mainly on D&D moderation and didn't spill over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I'd love to learn more because there are few things funnier than somebody who obviously has no power over their personal life getting drunk on mod power on a dead forum. I remember that poo poo happening back in the early byob days and it was hilarious.

• Locked thread