Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

infernal machines posted:

dude, have you heard of mongo?

yeah, I heard it was bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

George posted:

will the forum're update be retroactive

it will be radioactive

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

that'll work as long as we never pivot the forums

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

replace ADTRW with a link to /r/fuckanimepillow

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Endless Mike posted:

but it's p lol that there's a bunch of devs who have spent probably hundreds of hours on dead gay apps that will be completely useless in the near future

its okay, my time is worthless

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

cis autodrag posted:

i cant wait to see what type of poo poo makes me illiberal when im in my 50s. c'mon mom, society is totally accepting of marriages between people and corporations now. get with the times.

Of course there's nothing wrong with that you bigot

corporations are people, my friend

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Blue Train posted:

I imagine it will break the mobile apps and that alone will be enough to drive off a large amount of people

Progressive JPEG posted:

If the mobile apps are structured correctly itd just be a matter of swapping out the html scraper with the api fetcher but we're talking peak goon project here so
since the forums are probably differently structured it'll be a bit more than just replacing the data-parsers, but honestly for basic functionality it wouldn't take more than a weekend I guess. I once refactored Awful.apk to a json version for the interface :choco: provided and it took me like 2 days.

And in the meantime

zen death robot posted:

Also you'd be able to just use mobile safari or whatever and it would work fine as well

also lol at lowtax going "my 95 corolla hasnt broken down in almost a year so i dont need a new car RIGHT NOW" :iiaca:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

okay so apparently xenforo has developer previews out for version 2?

since it's all going to be plug-ins shouldnt that be enough to start development? Isnt that what dev previews are for?

• Locked thread