Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Hammerite posted:

has lowtax ever made the code for the forums accessible so people can evaluate how bad it is

i mean i dont' doubt it's bad but...

you don't want to see it it's like the ark of the covenant except it will make you rapidly gain weight and social awkwardness when you see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
the only clean break that will fix sa is cleanly breaking lowtaxs neck

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I'm sorry that was a little too dark

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I'll rewrite the forums

first order of business: putting the forums on the block chain

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Plorkyeran posted:

maybe we can kill two birds with one stone and just delete the forums

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

big scary monsters posted:

once the rewrite is complete and source code is released enterprising goons will port it to whatever language is the new hotness in 2025

it'll be written in rare, artisanal peeps

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

He's a nice guy but he clearly takes no joy in running the forums so I dunno why he tries to

I wouldn't either if all the online communities I spawned were the worst thing about the internet

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

sometimes I wonder what I'll do to read about nerd poo poo when the forums go down

like, i like micro controllers. i can talk with people wayyyyyy smarter than me here. yet, i can ask a dumb question, and get a human response.

I mean, even the loving arduino forums have tons of threads where some newbie wanders in and is like "how do i do [x]" (when they really should be doing [y], but they're too new to know it yet).

and the first reply they get is some terse "do [z]"
or a series of obtuse responses or humorless nerds. Its different for some reason here, and IDK, i think its because this is a """"comedy"""" forum [and this the stupid computer subforum[ and not a forum specifically about one topic and issues around it. it makes things a lot more interesting and conversational.

the worst part is when this all goes kaput, i've never been really super-involved in the inner stuff, i just lurk mostly and so i'm never gonna know where y'all went.

I know you aren't gonna wanna hear this, but the new place for that is reddit

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

cis autodrag posted:

axe gbs and rotate the top forum once a month.

also looking at the forums list for the first time in ages, i wouldn't be surprised if poo poo like FYAD's current subtitle drives away younger people who might otherwise register.

Nah keep gbs but rotate in mods so that the ones with the highest ban counts are moderating it

It'd be like a shooting gallery but for terrible posters like me

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
:reject::corsair::bernout: MILLIENIALS!! :reject::corsair::bernout:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

pram posted:

the wife he had the mcmansion/daughter with was #3 i think? his current one is #4

lol if true, i would think after wife #3, he'd just give up but nope i guess he just loves hemorrhaging money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

everyone is such a cranky bitch fucker

• Locked thread