Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
once the rewrite is complete and source code is released enterprising goons will port it to whatever language is the new hotness in 2025

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

yellow borders posted:

how does it feel to get epically loving owned by a high level troll lord

poor sagebrush, two brutal owns in one week

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
im cautiously optimistic

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

oh no blimp issue posted:

im going to make a highly original joke
it's done and you didn't even notice

congrats to lowtax on his new forums

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i hope that this article, in combination with lowtax's renewed leadership, can lead to a second golden age for these our beloved fora

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i wonder what job lowtax is going to get now that this internet fad has blown over

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
im looking forward to the new forums that we'll be getting soon

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

cis autodrag posted:

also looking at the forums list for the first time in ages, i wouldn't be surprised if poo poo like FYAD's current subtitle drives away younger people who might otherwise register.

young people are famously not in favour of cumming

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
we're already on the new forums, didn't you notice?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i came to this thread to shitpost about the new forums but i stayed for the posting masterclass

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
my uncle works at the something awful factory and told me the new forums are coming any day now and they're going to be the best yet

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
there are no fbi agents on this forum please go back to talking about your secret terror plans

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
it's going to be computers. they're going to be haraam and the people who used them seen as disgusting, and not before time imo

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

that reminds me of a genuine, legitimate article i saw in a medical journal where they discuss a revolutionary new numerical methods for calculating patient doses or something

it turns out to be integration

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lol here it is:
A Mathematical Model for the Determination of Total Area Under Glucose Tolerance and Other Metabolic Curves

Abstract

OBJECTIVE To develop a mathematical model for the determination of total areas under curves from various metabolic studies.

RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS In Tai's Model, the total area under a curve is computed by dividing the area under the curve between two designated values on the X-axis (abscissas) into small segments (rectangles and triangles) whose areas can be accurately calculated from their respective geometrical formulas. The total sum of these individual areas thus represents the total area under the curve. Validity of the model is established by comparing total areas obtained from this model to these same areas obtained from graphic method Gess than ±0.4%). Other formulas widely applied by researchers under- or overestimated total area under a metabolic curve by a great margin.

RESULTS Tai's model proves to be able to 1) determine total area under a curve with precision; 2) calculate area with varied shapes that may or may not intercept on one or both X/Y axes; 3) estimate total area under a curve plotted against varied time intervals (abscissas), whereas other formulas only allow the same time interval; and 4) compare total areas of metabolic curves produced by different studies.

CONCLUSIONS The Tai model allows flexibility in experimental conditions, which means, in the case of the glucose-response curve, samples can be taken with differing time intervals and total area under the curve can still be determined with precision.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Tai's Model

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Smythe posted:

rewrite is going gr8 tks 4 asking. prepare for max lvl ownage

thanks for the update and all your hard work, extremely pumped for the new forums experience

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
the forums have been rewritten already but the launch has been delayed while richard draws all those spaceships

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i wonder what the forums would be worth these days if lowtax wanted to sell them to someone looking to take a more active role in monetizing then. might not be as active as they were but the brand is still a recognisable one and the user base is super dedicated. gotta be a p deece few figgies there if he wanted a final payday to concentrate on his let's play career

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

eric posted:

He'd be lucky to get 100k for it. I don't blame him for not selling when they bring in just enough to pay the monthly nut and you've got free employees.

goon project: buy the forums

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i'm glad the new forums are actually a podcast instead

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lowtax announcements are a bit like buses, you wait ages for one and then three come along at once, going in the wrong direction

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
13 patrons

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Richard would never betray us, his beloved goons

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

hifi posted:

not sure why yospos is complaining

you must be new here

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
rss will never die

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
not really, the last two updates were "i'm talking to xenforo about when 2.0 is coming out, might migrate to that if it's soon" and "talking to xenforo about how much a migration would cost, we'll see how it goes". it would have been nice to share with us the new information that apparently the cost and waiting time are acceptable so he's decided on using xenforo 2.0 and now has to wait helplessly for it to be released

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
feature request: make amberpos the default yospos style sheet in the new forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

why

• Locked thread