Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
when the rewrite drops everyone with a regdate over 2006 will be banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

and spend half your time fighting with entity framework

the ghostbusters were really good about dealing with entities, lowtax should hire them

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

wide stance posted:

Radium gets a massive amount of poo poo however at the end of the day he built the forums that people still pay money to post on because it has the best look and feel on the internet, thanks in large part to him. Parts may be hacked and duct taped together but it has no real effect on the users.

The search is poo poo, but it turns out that's not a feature people really care about on a poo poo talking humor forum.

you come in from the cat thread or something?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
when the new forums come about my rap sheet will be wiped and I shall be reborn, yet only to post anime and fall like icarus

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

are you suggesting lowtax wouldn't spring for a full stack team of 10x rockstars?

lowatax will need them

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
my uncle works for lowtax and he says the new forums are ready

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

What the gently caress i thought the library of congress thing was a joke but its real? Im waiting on the webpage to load which is taking an obscene amount of time for 2017

SA archives are currently being backed up onto a strange crystal found in the roswell ufo wreckage, which is why it's taking so long

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm hoping they save all my posts so ray kurzweil can resurrect me in a tornado of faeces and anime

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I hope the forums rewrite is going well

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I will stand upon the wreckage of the past forum, and I will crown myself king of the new forum that is yet to come

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
clean up the smilies lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Progressive JPEG posted:

says the guy with 36 entries

lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I bet the games forum makes some decent money, it's still the best game forum on the internet

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i read the archives and i do the randomwaffle trick to see the lost pictures

I never got archives because I was there for it anyway

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

El Mero Mero posted:

I should give some money to Richard for these dead gay forums.

unban me or buy me custom titles dumbass, buy anyone custom titles

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

emoji posted:

I'm Jon Hendren's 'really good' GED score and demanding job that precludes making 5 posts per day on a forum but allows 24/7 Twitter.

getting a GED is fuckin hard. I went to night school to get mine. if you fail one section you fail the entire thing. it's honestly a lot of pressure

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I mean that comment is dumb as hell but getting a GED is a lot of work. poo poo is 3 years of school compressed into one test

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

maybe he should have not dropped out because Mom made him get up at 6:30 every morning and he just can't deal with all that structure, man

I dropped out of school lol

I'm also mentally ill and completely uncontrollable though so lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

emoji posted:

I don't see you using your GED as a way to brag about being smarter and more unique than everyone else tho lol. Also if it's basically pass/fail requiring a high score as you say why brag about the high score?

I feel that

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
make me mod of adtrw

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

well now that the obituary has been written this place feels even more depressing. for the win

4chan and reddit type people think SA is all illuminati lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

like the main man is in front of the firing squad insisting the bullets are rubber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kAEoCHANYY

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
SA is underground and punk again

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

sometimes I wonder what I'll do to read about nerd poo poo when the forums go down

like, i like micro controllers. i can talk with people wayyyyyy smarter than me here. yet, i can ask a dumb question, and get a human response.

I mean, even the loving arduino forums have tons of threads where some newbie wanders in and is like "how do i do [x]" (when they really should be doing [y], but they're too new to know it yet).

and the first reply they get is some terse "do [z]"
or a series of obtuse responses or humorless nerds. Its different for some reason here, and IDK, i think its because this is a """"comedy"""" forum [and this the stupid computer subforum[ and not a forum specifically about one topic and issues around it. it makes things a lot more interesting and conversational.

the worst part is when this all goes kaput, i've never been really super-involved in the inner stuff, i just lurk mostly and so i'm never gonna know where y'all went.

I'm glad that I'm the only exposure any yosposter will have to anime

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

most folks i talk to like the forums in spite of lowtax rather than because of him. the most visible forum has a toxic culture that drives away new registrations and lowtax comes back in a tone deaf rage to remind us that "gay" and "tranny" are funny words and the sjw mods were ruining his site. it's not 1997 anymore but his sense of humor never moved past there and he'd be better of leaving the site to zdr and a few others to run.

most posters don't expect repercussions form their posts

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

ironically, the only people who had any repercussions were people who asked poo poo posters to not be so homophobic

I don't know about that

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

the site is dying because its slow and boring not because lowtax checks in every 5 months

it's not dying, they just need to finally get rid of whatever the gently caress GBS is now and focus on games forum

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

actually it is

look at games forum man

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lol all these people coming into yospos just to post in this thread

please post in other threads in this forum. but not the cat thread

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
why isn't the cat thread in that byob subforum like every other one

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

Ironically, I recognize you from GBS rather than here

I like to spam gbs

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

We are av friends

post anime and get on my level child

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

i got myself banned from a lovely tuner car forum by making my sig as long as i could with fake mods and by signing my posts with the name of some idiot who insisted on signing every post

I got banned from SA by posting anime all the time

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

TerminalRaptor posted:

slashdot still exist? I'd look it up but I might get space herpes or something.

you've already got it judging by that avatar

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

ulmont posted:

it's still there. occasionally interesting links but can't recommend reading the comments.

yeah? why? you're allowed to elaborate here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

the wife he had the mcmansion/daughter with was #3 i think? his current one is #4

lowatax tried to marry integral

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

trilljester posted:

That wasn't Integral in this hip-hop operating system video, right?

no that came later

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm literally one of the oldest posters, everyone is permabanning themselves and poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
everyone is getting permabanned and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I didn't think I'd last this long even with my anime posting