Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

is it any worse than python having syntactic indentation? it's a weird design choice but also understandable given the origins of the language and it certainly doesn't force you to write bad code.

yes because with python any half decent editor can reformat your code automatically to sort out any syntactic indentation confusion or errors, whereas in MUMPS this would probably break your code in a million different ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

My Linux Rig posted:

I'll rewrite the forums

first order of business: putting the forums on the block chain

can I cash in my dead beef's for new av?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

edit wrong thread: but i bet the new forums never happen

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

except that we literally have hundreds of people who have the spare time and interest

i suspect the actual reason it's being done in secret is that lowtax and his boy wonder are ashamed of what yospos/fyad/shsc would bitch about

we have a winner, an open sores forums would probably the first, and only, successful goon project.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

FamDav posted:

why is fyad on that list

imo we should have a backup forum setup on something like funny.computer for when the end times come

imagine the day, the desperate survivors who made it out in time before the forums apocalypse gather in syncirc trying to assess the damage, our visionary post apocalyptic leader smythe grabs the digital conch shell and tells us all of the new promised land called funny.computer, a dozen nerds post "i'll start the wiki" in unison

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

well colour me surprised :(

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

i sincerely hope he was smart enough to arrange payment-on-delivery this time.

what does your heart tell you ?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

do we really need a new forum?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

infernal machines posted:

are you suggesting lowtax wouldn't spring for a full stack team of 10x rockstars?

I'm sure lowtax can reel in some bubble 1.0 vc cash with ease

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Why is no one talking about what is going to happen to the sa wiki after the migration?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

zen death robot posted:

smythe said he's writing the wiki

not sure how i feel about the first update since 2007

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

will i still be able to post by sms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

how many genuinely new posters do you think SA gets a year?

• Locked thread